netflix update ps3 help

benwhobenwho Posts: 489
Forum Member
I use netflix us on the ps 3 using unblock.us today there was an update ever since then I can't access us netflix on the ps3 what I can do thanks

Comments

• benwhobenwho Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    Help please
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is from memory, so might be a little hazy.

Have you tried logging onto the UnblockUS website via the PS3's browser?
    When you sign in, there might be a message saying that the IP address has changed. (or something similar) Click on the link, select the USA as the region and it might sort it. (I had to do this now and then).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    The right way to get US netflix is to use a US based DNS server instead of using default settings.

The setting for DNS servers is in your PS3s network setup...
    Forum Member
    Done then it didn't work
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    try primary DNS 190.14.36.90
    secondary DNS 109.123.111.24
    Forum Member
    I've put that dns in and it seems to.work.what is this DNS server thanks for your help
    Forum Member
    It's hapened again I put that DNS it worked for an hour no it's not it says netflix server 1 2 3
    4 fine with a green tick and network check successfull and us netflix works on Wii what else can I.do
    Forum Member
    Just an update still not working with unblock us can get UK and us netflix works on Wii any ideas what I can do thanks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Had the same problem, my line is provided through a US VPN. The last update that seems to work is anything pre - 2.13

So uninstall netflix
    reinstall through ps store (free)
    go to netflix
    it will say there is an upgrade
    say ok
    on next screen HIT BACK button
    This takes you into the old version of netflix
    you should be fine
    You have to do the OK then BACK bit every time you have netflix. But it's pretty quick and it works for me.

Make sure you tell anyone else who is using the machine, because you never know when the ps store download will be upgraded to the new version, so best not to take the risk.

Hope this helps