Options

soccer Sunday on SS3

Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
Forum Member
With the relegation of the villa / Norwich game to ss3 tomorrow
Behind the lesgue cup final & the cricket (which doesn't feature England) which also means that people who don't subscribe to. Ss3/4
Won't be able to See it, without paying extra which I don't btw
But one thing for certain skys monopoly on super Sunday is well and truly over as I presume it is because Sky don't look at as a priority
Anymore

Comments

• Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What the hell are you talking about?
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    the cricket on SS2 is West Indies v England
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    What the hell are you talking about?

You might be able to understand the post better if you read it while listening to this.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    Behind the lesgue cup final & the cricket (which doesn't feature England) which also means that people who don't subscribe to. Ss3/4
    But one thing for certain skys monopoly on super Sunday is well and truly over as I presume it is because Sky don't look at as a priority
    Anymore

I understand where you're coming from. Under those circumstances, all you can do is watch Sky Sports News (I assume you have access to this channel) for updates or listen to Five Live or Sky Sports News Radio, BBC Radio Norfolk or BBC Radio WM. It looks like the latter two will have live commentary.
  • Options
    mikeisyoumikeisyou Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    BBC Radio Norfolk or BBC Radio WM. It looks like the latter two will have live commentary.

Yes only if you have a radio left over from the 90's and if you live in Norfolk or the west midlands area as live football commentary through bbc local radio on the bbc website gets blocked out "Sorry this content cannot be broadcast due to copyright or technical reasons" :confused: No wonder good people who pay sports subscriptions are illegally forced to watch online or through other methods.

It wasn't that long ago that league cup final's were broadcast free on the BBC and ITV respectively even though they were not obliged to. I seem to remember Morecambe (or another team) was shown live on Sky Sports News because other live events were being shown on the other 4 sky sports channels. Can't the League Cup analysis and aftermath be shown on Sky Sports News or the Red Button for that matter to satisfy subscribers.
  • Options
    bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikeisyou wrote: »
    Yes only if you have a radio left over from the 90's and if you live in Norfolk or the west midlands area as live football commentary through bbc local radio on the bbc website gets blocked out "Sorry this content cannot be broadcast due to copyright or technical reasons" :confused: No wonder good people who pay sports subscriptions are illegally forced to watch online or through other methods.

It wasn't that long ago that league cup final's were broadcast free on the BBC and ITV respectively even though they were not obliged to. I seem to remember Morecambe (or another team) was shown live on Sky Sports News because other live events were being shown on the other 4 sky sports channels. Can't the League Cup analysis and aftermath be shown on Sky Sports News or the Red Button for that matter to satisfy subscribers.

Of course as the match is on Talksport the national commercial sports station....what is the radio issue?
  • Options
    bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a reason (at present) I subscribe to BT Sport.
    I get two channels, none of the Sky Sports buy subscription to Sky Sports 1, but if you want Sky Sports 2 increase your subs (though we will give you Sly Spots 3 and 4 as we are nice).

In many ways I hope BT does not get too much more Premier :League (two packs are fine), or that much more Sport it models itself on Sky with BT Sport 1 and 2 being separate subscriptions and joint at a higher price. I know some who think all Sport should be on Sky, but I like the choice of price models. I opt for BT as it is cheaper, and gives me some Prem L:eague and some Rugby Union
  • Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anymore

Is this one of these famous "whoops I made a fool of myself by posting incorrect information in my OP that I felt obliged to start, so I wont go back on and admit it, I will just shy away from it now" posts ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is this one of these famous "whoops I made a fool of myself by posting incorrect information in my OP that I felt obliged to start, so I wont go back on and admit it, I will just shy away from it now" posts ?

What's wrong , villa game is on SS3, I am on virgin media
    I only subscribe to ss 1/2 so I can't see what's on 3/4 without paying another £20 per month which I am not doing
    Cricket is on 2
    Do you not understand that bit >:(
  • Options
    malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,177
    Forum Member
    What's wrong , villa game is on SS3, I am on virgin media
    I only subscribe to ss 1/2 so I can't see what's on 3/4 without paying another £20 per month which I am not doing
    Cricket is on 2
    Do you not understand that bit >:(

Think its because the OP claimed the cricket on SS2 did not involve England when as pointed out above its a ODI of WI v England. Also SS2 is where Sky have recently been showing all their England cricket its the other overseas matches on SS3 and SS4.

I presume Sky can't but the PL 4pm game on SS1 in case the League Cup goes to extra time and penalties as then the games will clash. If they were guaranteed only normal time both could be fitted in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    malcy30 wrote: »
    Think its because the OP claimed the cricket on SS2 did not involve England when as pointed out above its a ODI of WI v England. Also SS2 is where Sky have recently been showing all their England cricket its the other overseas matches on SS3 and SS4.

I presume Sky can't but the PL 4pm game on SS1 in case the League Cup goes to extra time and penalties as then the games will clash. If they were guaranteed only normal time both could be fitted in.

Correct. It's an England ODI
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Correct. It's an England ODI

Australia v south Africa ended early due to
    Bad weather, also when I wrote original post I didn't know England were playing an ODI today, so I admit I got that bit wrong
  • Options
    jammie82ukjammie82uk Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    Wasn't sky asked/told at one point that they couldn't show premier League football on any other channel but sports 1 & 2
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jammie82uk wrote: »
    Wasn't sky asked/told at one point that they couldn't show premier League football on any other channel but sports 1 & 2

Well if they did they weren't listening.
  • Options
    DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've only put Premier League games on Sky Sports 3/4 a handful of times I think and it's always because there's other big things to show live too. I think Premier League football should have priority over even international cricket but obviously Sky doesn't.
  • Options
    CricketbladeCricketblade Posts: 2,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cricket is a huge reason a lot of people have sky. Villa Norwich is a low level game. Football only fans with ss1/2 have had a cup final so its not like they've had nothing at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cricket is a huge reason a lot of people have sky. Villa Norwich is a low level game. Football only fans with ss1/2 have had a cup final so its not like they've had nothing at all.

Exactly. If Sky Sports 1 was showing something other than football then the OP and others may have a point, but to have football on both SS1 and 2 because it suits them rather than Sky subscribers is a tad selfish.
  • Options
    tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No HD on Virgin for Sky Sports 3 spoiling it for me
  • Options
    CricketbladeCricketblade Posts: 2,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want the absolute best quality and quantity of sports coverage get it from the people who do it all. If sport is lower down on your reasons of getting multi channel go with virgin and not get all of it. It is simple.
  • Options
    alexj2002alexj2002 Posts: 3,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jammie82uk wrote: »

No, they were told that if they shifted their premium sports coverage away from SS1 & 2 onto SS3 & 4, that OFCOM would look at moving their wholesale must-offer obligation onto these channels. Both the cup final and international cricket match on SS1 & 2 would probably be classed as premium events, so showing one relatively minor PL game on SS3 would not be seen as an issue.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which ever channel it's on Villa coming from behind to be 4-1 up at half time sounds like a good game to me.
  • Options
    kriZbiikriZbii Posts: 1,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know you could even subscribe to both Sky Sports 1 and 2 on Virgin without getting 3 and 4 included. I thought you could subscribe to 1 or 2 individually or get the full collection, then pay more for HD versions of 1 and 2. £20 more for two minor channels seems unlikely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kriZbii wrote: »
    I didn't know you could even subscribe to both Sky Sports 1 and 2 on Virgin without getting 3 and 4 included. I thought you could subscribe to 1 or 2 individually or get the full collection, then pay more for HD versions of 1 and 2. £20 more for two minor channels seems unlikely.

On virgin I subscribe to ss 1/2 to get 3/4 I would have to pay an additional £20 so no I Csnt get SS3 having said that it's been free
    For last 2 weekend's which I didn't know about tbh
  • Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On virgin I subscribe to ss 1/2 to get 3/4 I would have to pay an additional £20 so no I Csnt get SS3 having said that it's been free
    For last 2 weekend's which I didn't know about tbh

Maybe a bin lid on the side of your house would get you ALL the sports channels ?
  • Options
    davestokedavestoke Posts: 3,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The issue for me is HD. The difference between SD & HD is really marked & the game on SS3 was poor. I'm also annoyed at the way all golf has been pushed to SS4. We often had Thurs & Fir on SS1 or 2. Now it's all SD for us poor Virgin viewers.