Options

Ascension (UK)

1235»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is suggestions on both the IMDB page and the official Ascension Facebook page that an series commences filming in the summer.

Not sure if this is rumour or truth however.
  • Options
    emptyempty Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    jcafcw wrote: »
    ....It is miles better than Extant which I am struggling to keep on watching.

Sorry for going off topic, but just wanted to say, if you are struggling with Extant, then give it up, as it doesn't get better, in my opinion...
  • Options
    elven62elven62 Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    Late to the party but I have just watched the whole thing over the last two nights and really enjoyed it especially the last episode. I would love to see a series..lots of possibilities.

It reminded me a lot of the Wool books..characters stuck in a closed world. I heard that Wool was optioned as a film or TV show..not heard any more though..?
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    SyFy announced yesterday that Ascension isn't going to a full series

http://deadline.com/2015/03/ascension-not-going-as-series-syfy-1201389677/
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »

shame, i was hoping it would continue
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    shame, i was hoping it would continue

So was I
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just as I thought would happen.
  • Options
    SyrenaSyrena Posts: 686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

Thought this might be the case :cry:
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they shot them selves in the foot by killing off Samantha - though it was a great WTF moment!
    Not sure how strong it really was for a full series - the whole premiss was a bit too daft really. No way would such a huge project stay secret for so long.
  • Options
    Will_BeeWill_Bee Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    I think they shot them selves in the foot by killing off Samantha - though it was a great WTF moment!
    Not sure how strong it really was for a full series - the whole premiss was a bit too daft really. No way would such a huge project stay secret for so long.

I thought it was OK, a decent enough watch. I thought the best bit was when the guy was taken out of the ship and had his first views of outside world.

It was only gonna get dafter I think, the stargirl thing was way over the top, transporting people through dimensions using her mind? It would have ended up with her getting used by the military as some kind of weapon.

Let's hope "parallels" and "the man in the high castle" don't also fall by the wayside now after pilot episodes.
  • Options
    MassiveDynamicsMassiveDynamics Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will_Bee wrote: »
    I thought it was OK, a decent enough watch. I thought the best bit was when the guy was taken out of the ship and had his first views of outside world.

It was only gonna get dafter I think, the stargirl thing was way over the top, transporting people through dimensions using her mind? It would have ended up with her getting used by the military as some kind of weapon.

Let's hope "parallels" and "the man in the high castle" don't also fall by the wayside now after pilot episodes.

'The man in the high castle' has been given a full series and filming begins in April.

'Parallels' would probably need to recast if it went to a series as Constance Wu is now working on a successful US TV series that is strongly tipped for a renewal.

Shame about Ascension, it had potential.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll certainly take "Man in the high castle" over "Ascension" :D

Shall have to check out "Parallels" though I think "Sliders" covered all that pretty well back in the day.