Could Cindy ever return?

summerbunnysummerbunny Posts: 2,546
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Like in a few years? How could she return?

Comments

• Check it outCheck it out Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. No. No.

Kathy is obviously the exception here. There'll be no more resurrections.
  • THE ROTCODTHE ROTCOD Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why not we never saw her die or a body
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think they'd risk the integrity of the show by bringing back another dead character? Especially one that's close to Ian? No. They wouldn't. They'll get away with Kathy because of the story potential and obviously the nature of the character, any more would be a farce.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As much as i have said on here how much i would love for Cindy to come back and have been in witness protection, I came to the conclusion a few weeks ago that Cindy was better off having died. Kathy was different because she was killed off in a petty way by an EP who got the hump Gillian didn't return. Where as Cindy was killed off as Michelle Collins wanted to move on and I think Cindy reached the end of her story.
  • Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kathy and Cindy are the only two characters they could do it with. By all accounts Den was dead. His body was found and identified. The show did that to draw a line under it because Leslie spent three years bad mouthing the show so they didn't want him back. They did the same to Peter Dean. Anyone who criticised the show within the press saw their character killed. That was Julia's motto and its one they have stuck with.

Back to Cindy, she should have returned in 2003 instead of Den. Its too late now. Cindy lived by her kids. She was actually a very good mother. No way would she have missed all this not for anything. Besides all that Ian identified her. Kathy was already buried by the time he got to South Africa.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as i have said on here how much i would love for Cindy to come back and have been in witness protection, I came to the conclusion a few weeks ago that Cindy was better off having died. Kathy was different because she was killed off in a petty way by an EP who got the hump Gillian didn't return. Where as Cindy was killed off as Michelle Collins wanted to move on and I think Cindy reached the end of her story.

Michelle was actually killed off-screen because Matthew Robinson wanted her back for Cindy's Trial, and when she refused to return, they killed her.

It was, if anything, more petty. Just like he was with Martine. But I'd still say no to her returning.
  • lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No thank you. Kathy is an exception but Cindy coming back would just ruin the show completely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michelle was actually killed off-screen because Matthew Robinson wanted her back for Cindy's Trial, and when she refused to return, they killed her.

It was, if anything, more petty. Just like he was with Martine. But I'd still say no to her returning.

Oh i see

Thanks for the correction
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh i see

Thanks for the correction

It's a shame. Having characters like Cindy and Tiffany still able to return would really add to the history of the show.

Don't even get me started on Angie...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a shame. Having characters like Cindy and Tiffany still able to return would really add to the history of the show.

Don't even get me started on Angie...

Angie's death never bothered me. Her drinking would always be the death of her.

and I am glad they did kill Tiffany off, because her death wouldn't be as memorable and widely discussed as it is today. She was one of the show's earliest Tragic Heroines.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Resurrection' in EastEnders is only something that happens very rarely (thank goodness), and while I can understand why some are completely against Kathy's return, I'm glad DTC decided too make this incredibly risky move. I'm happy to accept this storyline as long as this is the last time a character presumed dead is reintroduced in some sensational fashion

Kathy's 'death' was a huge blunder from the then EP, something of which many viewers were unwilling to accept hence all the threads calling for her to be brought back. I'm far too young to remember Kathy's era but I can appreciate the history and legacy she brings to the show. Though I really hope her return storyline is written extremely well. They can't afford to make or create any holes in this one.

You have to wonder and sigh at the fact several EastEnders executive producers were so reckless over the years.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Kathy will be the last back from seemly dead. No way will they try bring back Cindy as well. That would be beyond ridiculous.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was an either/or situation, I assume. Bringing a character back from the dead is obviously so risky for the integrity of the show. They can just about pull it off once, but twice and things become ridiculous. I'm not including Den because that was ridiculous from start to finish.

Cindy was such a fantastic character, but her role in the show is more easily replaceable. Characters like Janine, for example, have fitted right into that slot. Kathy, meanwhile, is a much needed matriarch with lots of history to the old days of the show. We've recently lost Pat and Peggy, and that's the kind of character we need. The only one who comes close to that is Carol.
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Makes me so angry >:(
  • FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    Some things are best left to the imagination, Kathy will fill a void that's been left since Pauline and Pat died.
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    As much as i have said on here how much i would love for Cindy to come back and have been in witness protection

Oh god. Here come more witness protection theories.
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and I am glad they did kill Tiffany off, because her death wouldn't be as memorable and widely discussed as it is today. She was one of the show's earliest Tragic Heroines.

Oh her death scene is hugely iconic.

But I'd still rather it hadn't happened, Tiffany had ALOT more to give as a character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    Oh god. Here come more witness protection theories.

Interesting how you took only a small piece of my post and made it look like i was going on a bout witness protection theories, which i wasn't. I was referring back to how i was one of those in previous threads who was largely supportive of the idea she could be in protection theories. If you then read the rest of my post, you would see I have changed my mind regarding a potential return of Cindy.

I would appreciate it if you didn't crop my post and twist it thanks. Your not a journalist from the sun, are you?
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Main reason Kathy was brought back was because she is an original Character with a lot of connectios still in the show
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Main rrason Kathy was brought back was because she is an original Character with a lot of connectios still in the show

I don't think that was the main reason but likely one of
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think that was the main reason but likely one of

I think it was because she is connected to 4 different familys on the sqaure
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it was because she is connected to 4 different familys on the sqaure

Hmm you may be right
  • a01020304a01020304 Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so who are all the characters that potentially could return and have not been killed off or claim they have died but no body seen?