Options

postal orders

hallstarhallstar Posts: 925
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi
Hope anyone can help. I have just won an auction on ebay from someone in the US the cost is only for about $10 but I wonder what is the best way to pay and is possible to buy postal orders to send as she does not want me to pay by paypal as that takes a cut of the fee, the only reason I ask is this is my first purchase from ebay. Hope you understand the question.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    GeegGeeg Posts: 23,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup understand. I presume you have clicked the button to email her - she can tell you what is the easiest way and sort it out between you.

If she doesnt want to use paypal then cheque I woudl imagine woudl be best - but see if she can accept postal orders - if she can then thats fine - you have to pay extra for them i think tho - but pennies.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    from midnight tonight if you pay with switch or solo with paypal they is no sellers fee, and you earn 1% cashback for using it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although ebay takes a small fee, I would recomend it, as most banks charge £6 for writing a cheque (bankers draft) in foreign currency, then make you wait 5 working days for it. If it is such a small amount, I would get $10 from the post office, and send it international recorded delivery, or FedEX as cash. But TBH paypal would be easiest.

NB: You can't pay with postal orders, as they would be in ££££, and you can only get the cash when you cash them in at a Post Office. And as far as I know, there is no such thing as an international postal order.
  • Options
    hallstarhallstar Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All sorted out, I was thinking about postal orders but I found the site bidpay which seems to have done the job, I just had to pay $1.25 fee which is ok and the seller just takes the cheque to the bank without a fee.