Vampire Diaries - Anyone else getting bored of it?

Comments

• Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When is the ep on VD which is about the originals, the spin off?
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    I was getting bored then, yesterday I watched five episodes back to back. Guess it wasn't as boring as I thought :D
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    When is the ep on VD which is about the originals, the spin off?

It's season 4 episode 20; to be shown on Thursday 25th April in America, the next week on itv2.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jammoon1 wrote: »
    Klaus is getting on my nerves as he never seems to do much except make Smart Alec remarks. I think it's more to do with Joseph Morgan who plays him as he just doesn't have the cold but magnetic personality that I would expect of an original. If only a younger version of Julian McMahon - Nip/Tuck - could have played him. Beautiful but with that cold, cold face.:o He was great in Charmed and it was never the same after he left.

Would have loved Julian McMahon to play silas. They should definitely find a part for him in the originals.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    It's season 4 episode 20; to be shown on Thursday 25th April in America, the next week on itv2.

Will it be solely about the originals and that werewolf girl, because if so I might give it a miss.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was feeling over it, but last night i watched all the eps that have been on since the break on itv2 ended - think it was 6 in one go. Iv been letting them build up and couldnt bring myself to watch. So glad iv watched them though, and im very much back to the show :)
  • jammoon1jammoon1 Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Would have loved Julian McMahon to play silas. They should definitely find a part for him in the originals.

That would be good - no swoon smilie unfortunately!
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The quality had dropped but it has started to get good again in the last few episodes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Losing interest in the whole story line now it is just going round and round in circles :sleep:
  • DirtyhippyDirtyhippy Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I should be a fan of this show but it severely lacks in terms of likeable characters and a sense of humour. The actors are all model like - far too much emphasis on physical beauty and no character. Remember Buffy's characters? Hardly any of them what you would call pretty apart from the lead yet their characters were infinitely more interesting.

True Blood has humour and ugly people, though it does have a slightly meandering storyline - but its still great fun and it works.

VD is petty, vacuous and worst of all - boring.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think one of the problems right now is the show's become bogged down with its own history and too many bland characters. That's why I'm hoping the spin off works, so most of them can go away and give the main show chance to refresh itself.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will it be solely about the originals and that werewolf girl, because if so I might give it a miss.

No. The CW have issued a plot synopsis:
    KLAUS RETURNS TO HIS PAST IN NEW ORLEANS — Acting on a mysterious tip that a plot is brewing against him in New Orleans, Klaus (Joseph Morgan) makes a trip to the town he and his family helped build. Klaus’ questions lead him to a reunion with his former protégé, Marcel (guest star Charles Michael Davis), a charismatic vampire who has total control over the human and supernatural inhabitants of New Orleans. Determined to help his brother find redemption, Elijah (Daniel Gillies) follows Klaus and soon learns that Hayley (guest star Phoebe Tonkin) has also come to the French Quarter searching for clues to her family history, and has fallen into the hands of a powerful witch named Sophie (guest star Daniella Pineda). Meanwhile, in Mystic Falls, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Stefan (Paul Wesley) continue with their plan for Elena (Nina Dobrev), while Katherine (Nina Dobrev) reveals a surprising vulnerability to Rebekah (Claire Holt) and asks her to deliver a message. Chris Grismer directed the episode written by Julie Plec (#420)
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It slowly stopped being an essential viewing for me and by the end of S3 I had a backlog of ~5 episodes to catch up on. But I still did and at the end of the last one I thought "FFS" and then I did not have a will to start watching S4. So I didn't and I do not miss it at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd enjoy it a lot more if it wasn't for Elena. I really dislike what her character has become
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    No. The CW have issued a plot synopsis:

Thanks goodness for that:D Really not looking forward to it, though.
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We need a new story they have basically repeated the same story for two years now. I hope klaus and the originals leave and we can get some new blood in.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Joel's dad wrote: »
    We need a new story they have basically repeated the same story for two years now. I hope klaus and the originals leave and we can get some new blood in.

With The Originals leaving I dread to think how dire TVD will become. She needs to choose one of the brothers and be with him permanently. But where does the show go from there? That's the question that remains.

I'm really looking forwards to The Originals, mainly because I'm far more interested in the mythology of vampirism than a love triangle between Damon, Elena and Stefan...:yawn:
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    I'm really looking forwards to The Originals, mainly because I'm far more interested in the mythology of vampirism than a love triangle between Damon, Elena and Stefan...:yawn:

The trouble is, there's plenty of stuff in the books, but it's all so entirely mediocre.

They need to bring a load of new people into it. Actually and genuinely interesting people.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like The Vampire Diaries
    I was close to stop watching during Season 2 but since Season 3, it has become one of those shows I really can't miss.
    Great characters and Nina Dobrev, wow what an actress
    It has loads of characters and it's mythology is so interesting. I love the direction where it has gone for Season 4
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I really think this show would benefit from a big bad per season approach like Buffy and True Blood and for the big bads not always to be vampires.

More humour would also help as well. Again, something which did/does Buffy and True Blood the world of good.
  • ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still haven't watched it since I first started this thread so I'm maybe five or six episodes into season four. I don't miss it at all, I still have a picture of Elena, Stefan and Damon as my wallpaper on my iPad to look at though!

Maybe once the originals starts and Klaus leaves, and I'm laid up in bed with flu again (a friend recommended it to watch back then) I'll start watching them all again!
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karis wrote: »
    The trouble is, there's plenty of stuff in the books, but it's all so entirely mediocre.

They need to bring a load of new people into it. Actually and genuinely interesting people.

What I strongly dislike is that the only normal character left is Matt. Everybody else has some kind of an "ability". They cannot have a story without it, it's a lazy writing IMO.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I fear for Matt. If I were him, I would've long left Mystic Falls and never come back.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    I really think this show would benefit from a big bad per season approach like Buffy and True Blood and for the big bads not always to be vampires.

More humour would also help as well. Again, something which did/does Buffy and True Blood the world of good.

I know what you mean. A lot of shows don't really have that anymore.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    IvanIV wrote: »
    What I strongly dislike is that the only normal character left is Matt. Everybody else has some kind of an "ability". They cannot have a story without it, it's a lazy writing IMO.

Hey, we can't forget Miss Mystic Falls that is April Young! :D