Kerry Katona gives long interview to the guardian

2»

Comments

• sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She becomes animated, passionate almost to the point of messianic. "I think people relate to me, and I like to think I'm here for a reason and that is to give people hope in life itself. The one thing I get when I walk down the street without a shadow of a doubt is, 'Kerry, you're such an inspiration. Thank you for being honest, thank you for telling your story, my daughter's been self-harming, my daughter's come off drugs, my husband's been cheating, you know. And we've watched your reality show and we've sat there and cried. Watching your show has given me hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel.' And that makes it worth it for me

What????? who are these people?

Taken from the article in The Guardian linked on page 1

She also states that she will take her new blokes name, Kay, so she will be called Kerry Kay and her ambition now is to become an actor, please don't put her in anything I watch :rolleyes:
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    What????? who are these people?

Taken from the article in The Guardian linked on page 1

She also states that she will take her new blokes name, Kay, so she will be called Kerry Kay and her ambition now is to become an actor, please don't put her in anything I watch :rolleyes:

That quote is just :eek::eek::eek:

Where is 'the light at the end of the tunnel'? She stumbles from one disaster to another and continues to make mistake after mistake and never accept any responsibility.

Anyone who sees her as an inspiration or a role model needs serious help
  • Tulip19Tulip19 Posts: 3,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    And that's why it's impossible to feel sympathy for her because she never learns her lesson and just blunders form one disaster to the next dragging them poor kids behind her.

Yes, she had a sh*t childhood but she's had more opportunities than most to put it behind her and ensure her kids have stability in their lives but she continues to make bad judgement after bad judgement and play the victim card when it inevitably goes t*ts up again

You don't see how she's a woman with a mental illness and emotional issues?

She is also clearly labouring under delusions.

I don't understand the vitriol towards her, the whole thing just seems sad. Of course she's complicit, but she's addicted to the little love she gets from the public and has had no other experience or skills to do any other job.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Did she discuss why working class women from Merseyside suffer from social exclusion, why she has become a feminist and her playing a thick reality show contest was an act to show up the mass media, as Kerry Katona and The Guardian aren't bed fellows in the same way The Grauniad isn't likely to review or recommend her reality shows?

Why shouldn't the guardian profile her? That's like saying working class people shouldn't read broadsheets.

(I think they were going for the culture of celebrity/Jeremy Kyle voyeurism angle to be honest.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The gaudy house, drug habits, reckless spending, criminal boyfriends/shady husbands etc....all all par for the course. She's basically just a typical chav who really was never equipped to handle large amounts of money.

What is this supposed to mean?

Why is lacking in middle class sensibilities such a crime, and who are "typical" chavs? The entire working class? It's such a reductive political buzzword.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tulip19 wrote: »
    You don't see how she's a woman with a mental illness and emotional issues?

She is also clearly labouring under delusions.

I don't understand the vitriol towards her, the whole thing just seems sad. Of course she's complicit, but she's addicted to the little love she gets from the public and has had no other experience or skills to do any other job.

No. I think it's the get out clause she wheels out each and every time she makes an inevitable cock up of her life with yet another piss poor decision. All she cares about is her own instant gratification and when it goes tits up, as it always does, she turns on the water works and blames her past, her exes, her mum and her on/off bi polar rather than step back and admit she is the one responsible for her train wreck of a life.
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    kaybee15 wrote: »
    A quick check of Zoopla and RightMove shows you can get a 5 bed detached property in Wigan (or 20 miles surrounding) for a grand a month, easily. And I do not believe a word of that 'I've paid back £430'000 on a £82'000 debt' crap, not for a second. The woman's a car crash.

I'm pretty sure the total debt was £430,000 - I suspect the £82,000 was the last bit that she didn't pay back for ages (until she got the CBB gig) which meant that rather than being discharged after a year like most people's bankruptcies, hers persisted from about 2009 until about 2012
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »

Where is 'the light at the end of the tunnel'?

The light at the end of the tunnel is probably an oncoming train - the 12:41 from Manchester Victoria :D
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I use my 40% discount card from New Look to buy my clothes, the kids' clothes are from ******* George at Asda and Matalan."

I like George at Asda ... :o:o
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emmersonne wrote: »
    "I use my 40% discount card from New Look to buy my clothes, the kids' clothes are from ******* George at Asda and Matalan."

I like George at Asda ... :o:o

And how do you get a 40% discount card from New look? I'll happy have one please :D
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    In other thread!
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trouble with KK is she came of age during the reality show contestant as superstar era of the noughties. Like Katie Price and Jade Goody, she had minimal talent but reality shows, celeb mags and redtops made her famous.
    However, she had no idea how to cope with the fame and the money.