The Walking Dead Series 5 (US PACE)

stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
Forum Member
✭✭
All those joint threads are going to cause some confusion and a lot of rows, here's the US Pace, no spoilers for the comic books as we haven't all read them but once it's aired everyone's free to chew the fat here, grrrr! :o

Cracking opening to the series, didn't get much mileage out of Terminus. Bodes well for the series that they had it done and dusted in a single episode.

Must be some good stuff to follow.

Comments

• The Icon V2The Icon V2 Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great opening! glad we didn't have to watch weeks and weeks of them planning an escape,

Left a few things though, surely that's not the end of Gareth?? in the promo videos there looked to be more to him still to come?

Did anybody notice that the first guy to get killed at the trough was "Sam" from last season's episode "Indifference"?

He's the guy (along with his girlfriend) who Rick came across while hunting for supplies. Rick gave Sam his watch so that they could meet up later, but later on found the girlfriend dead.

It was great to see Morgan back too! i thought when we left him last he was nuts.. but he seems have sorted himself out!

overall think that has to have been the best possible way to open S5.

The band are back together :)
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see how there can be any confusion in the joint thread, it's not rocket science.
  • AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it. The end when they met up with Carol was quite touching.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    I don't see how there can be any confusion in the joint thread, it's not rocket science.

I posted a spoiler in it, that's why I started this thread. :blush:

Who looks at the first post in a thread, some poor sods wandered into the US Pace by accident last year and had the ending ruined for them.

Besides a thread covered in spoiler tags is bloody annoying. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Did anybody notice that the first guy to get killed at the trough was "Sam" from last season's episode "Indifference"?

He's the guy (along with his girlfriend) who Rick came across while hunting for supplies. Rick gave Sam his watch so that they could meet up later, but later on found the girlfriend dead.

It was great to see Morgan back too! i thought when we left him last he was nuts.. but he seems have sorted himself out!

Yeah, he also plays penguin in Gotham. Was weird seeing him with blond hair after that.

Must admit I let out a cheer when Morgan was revealed at the end. :)

The reunion of Carl and Rick with Judith was quite touching as well.

Overall, great opener! Can't wait to see what's to come.
  • MenoetiusMenoetius Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent. That was top notch !!
  • Mairi_CameronMairi_Cameron Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    What was the symbol on the tree that Morgan saw, is that to do with the preacher guy I assume we're meeting next week?
  • MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a great episode. I wonder if Gareth will crop up again, especially considering he's main cast.

Loved Carol since season 1, if you told me she'd be the last Atlanta female standing back then, I would have laughed in your face!

I hope beth doesn't die too soon, and it's good to see Emily Kinney in the main cast.
  • bobblabobbla Posts: 11,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How amazing was that :eek:

I'm so happy TWD is back and back with a bang!!!! Carol is just the coolest woman alive (and i can't believe i had a little blub at her reunion with Daryl)
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Came on here to see people talking about Morgan appearing and thought was there two episodes last night cause he wasn't in the one I just watched :confused:

I'd stopped it as the Next time trailer was on so had no idea there was another scene after that.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    I'd stopped it as the Next time trailer was on so had no idea there was another scene after that.

I'm glad you posted that as I did the same thing and didn't see that scene first time.
  • Gizmo210688Gizmo210688 Posts: 4,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, what an opening! No messing about, just straight into plenty of blood, guts and gore. Oh, and fireworks. :D

Oh, and add me to the list of people who cheered when Morgan was revealed at the end.

I did wonder what the hell was going on with the 'Now', and 'Then' bits, but it made sense in the end and gives some background to what happened with Gareth and his lot (some very disturbing stuff it seems....)
  • loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely amazing, that is my favourite episode since the very first. I did lots of shouting during the episode and squealed when Morgan revealed himself.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait for the second episodes
    , seeing morgan has made me even more excited
  • mindsetmindset Posts: 23,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that was a big, bloody pile of awesomeness. :)
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    mindset wrote: »
    Well, that was a big, bloody pile of awesomeness. :)

Twas very good indeed. Restored my faith in it quite a bit. Will definitely tune in next week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Oops. With there being so many walking dead threads around, I posted in the wrong one.

Shockingly awesome season opener I thought. It's great to see Carol's transition from meek, abused housewife and mother, to a bold, brave, take no prisoners kind of attitude. It is completely believable too, that's what makes it so compelling to watch. Although a part of me wanted her to kick Ricks ass for not seeing how good she is at her core, and instead kicked her out on the road. I don't think I will ever forgive him for that. Lolz.
  • SideshowMarkSideshowMark Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    stvn758 wrote: »
    All those joint threads are going to cause some confusion and a lot of rows, here's the US Pace.

There is only confusion because this thread exists. There is nothing posted in this thread that can not be posted in the main thread. I've requested that the mods merge this thread into the main one.
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, it's silly having a merged thread so there are spoiler tags all over the shop. This one should stay and the other one should be renamed UK pace.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Croctacus wrote: »
    No, it's silly having a merged thread so there are spoiler tags all over the shop. This one should stay and the other one should be renamed UK pace.

Actually, if people followed posting etiquette properly there wouldn't be any spoiler tags in the other one. It's simple, UK Pace stays out of the other one for just one day and US Pace posts stuff about the episode as normal. It's people not understanding simple things that causes lots of spoiler tags.
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People are posting spoiler tages in the other one though after its been shown over here. Probably due to confusion on the thread title which is why it should be UK only so heres a place each for people to post at whatever pace they watch.

Idiotic trying to have it in one thread. Its never going to work because people want to discuss once they've watched. Historically theres always been (rightly I think) 2 separate threads. Ive no idea why someone thought not to do so again was a good idea.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UK used to be shown later in the week didn't it? Changed to Monday part way through last season.

I'm not sure what the problem with one thread is. You have to avoid the thread for less than a day and you get one big, inclusive discussion. All you miss is the 'zomg, can't wait for tonigh' s episode' posts on a Monday.
    Forum Member
    This is the US pace I.E Sunday night/Monday morning. Of course there will be spoilers in it if you haven't already seen the US pace show. I don't know why people are confused with this scenario. It's worked very well for the past 4 seasons!
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they switch the UK air date, even more chaos. ;-)
    Forum Member
    stvn758 wrote: »
    If they switch the UK air date, even more chaos. ;-)

Honestly though, the comic has been around for 10 years +, the show has deviated considerably away from it, yet we still need spoiler tags? I either think people are just stupid or they want to bitch and moan deliberately because they have to live up to that particular British stereotype. :D