Diesel cars

2»

Comments

• ML11ML11 Posts: 888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    A common problem with second hand diesels is the EGR valve, .
    All you do is block it with a blanking plate, problem solved:) My 2007 1.9 Astra goes like **** with no problems whatsoever. Ive had it 5 years now and will keep on running it for ever more.
  • Waj_100Waj_100 Posts: 3,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ML11 wrote: »
    All you do is block it with a blanking plate, problem solved:) My 2007 1.9 Astra goes like **** with no problems whatsoever. Ive had it 5 years now and will keep on running it for ever more.

Yes, your car is an easy one to blank off, sadly, they aren't all like that!
  • seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's quite common now because of EU6 emission standards - it's used in Audis, VWs, Mercedes, Peugeot/Citroen, Toyotas and others.

Vauxhall use it too on some models.

I work in the hgv industry so Adblue isn't new to me, but was very surprised to find cars using it.
  • JulesandSandJulesandSand Posts: 6,012
    Forum Member
    seanf wrote: »
    I work in the hgv industry so Adblue isn't new to me, but was very surprised to find cars using it.

I'd never heard of it until this year, now the 'Bluemotion' label on Mercs kinda makes sense now (only kinda as they stick the badge on petrol engined models as well).

Apparently Mazda's Skyactiv diesels are more technologically advanced so don't need urea addition.
  • FearFactorFearFactor Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd never heard of it until this year, now the 'Bluemotion' label on Mercs kinda makes sense now (only kinda as they stick the badge on petrol engined models as well).

Apparently Mazda's Skyactiv diesels are more technologically advanced so don't need urea addition.

Mercs don't have a Bluemotion badge, VW do. On a Merc its either BlueEFFICIENCY, (which now features on a lot of models including the petrol ones, and isn't related to the use of Adblue but more to features like ECO stop/start), or BlueTEC - which are the models using the Adblue system.