Shows you got into really late even though it had been on for ages!

xmel05xmel05 Posts: 8,079
Forum Member
I watched Dssperate housewives only the other day for the first time and really liked it, even though it didnt look like my cup of tea.

Comments

• peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Heros, the last series that everyone says was rubbish, i really enjoyed it :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have I got news for you - didn't even start to watch it until after Deyton had gone

QI - 3/4 though Series C before I even checked it out. Have since gone back and watched them all

Also Fairly Odd Parents & Danny Phamtom
    - had both been though their entitre run and axed' before I even saw them for the first time (though FOP was then announced as 'returned to production' about 2 months later, which pleased me)
  • ned flandersned flanders Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We only started watching it on G.O.L.D.ages after it had finishedand the first series started again. Lush! Love it. Gotta love Uncle Bryn!:D
  • davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    Got into the so crap its good show that is "take me out" pretty late in its run. The whole premise from the ads put me off but then caught an episode by chance and was hooked even though it is really really bad

Also avoided big brother like the plague when it first started but like it now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    Shameless. Started watching series six, loved it, so went and bought complete box set.

ruby
  • Dear ViewerDear Viewer Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back in the mid-eighties I got into 'Hill Street Blues', but didn't make a habit of watching it every week till it switched to Channel 4 from its original UK home on ITV, though I'm not sure all regions showed it.

Then C4 had to go back to the beginning of the show, when they ran out of episodes and the very last season was not ready for UK transmission.

Now its the same for me with CSI in all its versions. I catch the latest runs, with occasional look back to episodes before I started watching on a regular basis.

On the reverse, I never missed X files till up until the last couple of series when Mulder when AWOL and they brought in other characters to investigate cases.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    xmel05 wrote: »
    I watched Dssperate housewives only the other day for the first time and really liked it, even though it didnt look like my cup of tea.

I have done the same thing, I started watching because I knew that JB would be in it for a while, so I have watched about 6 or 8 episodes, I really like it!
  • TPLTPL Posts: 2,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Law and Order, though apart from a few character details there isn't a overarching plot to follow so i haven't missed a lot (and i suspect if i did watch it consistently for the 20 years it was on for i would have grown tired of it).

Battlestar Galactica, i bought the DVDs cheap so i caught up right to beginning of season 3 (right where most fans say it went down hill but i don't think the decline was as bad as they made out).
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm currently becoming acquainted with Chuck. Bought the first two seasons on DVD the other day, under £10 each, and am recording season 3 on Virgin.

Only on episode 5, so far it's ok.
  • Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gilmore girls, veronica mars and Everwood are 3 shows that E4 started to repeat all their series in morning timeslots and I took notice from summer 2008 with GG, and i loved all 3 of these despite ending years ago!
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad, I know - but got into Ballykissangel when it came on to ITV3 - loved it! Also watched Born & Bred on ITV3 for the first time and enjoyed it too.
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    I'm guilty of watching a lot of programmes on ITV3 which I didn't watch first on ITV. Some are quite good.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    My Family - only got into it halfway through series 3 and Iwatched it one night and loved it! A year or two later I bought the DVDs of Series 1 and 2.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gilmore girls, veronica mars and Everwood are 3 shows that E4 started to repeat all their series in morning timeslots and I took notice from summer 2008 with GG, and i loved all 3 of these despite ending years ago!

Same here with Gilmore Girls. When they started showing it on E4 I saw a couple episodes of what I later learned to be season 4.

I was hooked come the end of Tick Tick, Boom where Richard decided to go back to his old firm and sell out Jason.

I then stopped watching it E4 pace and watched it from start to finish on DVD. Love it!
  • gaz141gaz141 Posts: 1,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    medium

never watched it til season 4 (just randomly starting watching it and got hooked), now am desperate for the new season in september
  • werdna67werdna67 Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    Shameless (as above, around series 6).

One Foot In The Grave (around series 4) then bought the boxset when it eventually came out, realised all the old ones I'd seen repeated on UK Gold were only half of what had been shown originally.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    on bbc four just now live aid i missed the start and was really interesting
  • M. TouretteM. Tourette Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    My Family - only got into it halfway through series 3 and Iwatched it one night and loved it! A year or two later I bought the DVDs of Series 1 and 2.

Oh i'm sorry....

so sorry.....
  • AntoniaAAntoniaA Posts: 6,640
    Forum Member
    Footballers' Wives. Never thought it was my sort of thing but watched it late in the series and was open mouthed with astonishment. Wish it was still on.

Would you believe - The Bill. I only started watching that a few years ago though it had been on for years. I am gutted it is ending.

Brookside - saw it for approximately the last year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    We only started watching it on G.O.L.D.ages after it had finishedand the first series started again. Lush! Love it. Gotta love Uncle Bryn!:D

Agreed - I won't lie to you (see what I did there!), I had never seen it at all until I saw it for the first time on GOLD...er, lush (sorry). .seriously though never saw it on BBC but think it is hilarious with lots of pathos as well..

I also came across (after the weekly Father Ted repeat on More4) Curb your Enthusiasm, even though many of the episodes were 9 yrs old or so (especially loved the kidney donation episodes with the heaven sketch with Bea Arthur as Larry David's late mum)
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Road Wars, mainly! I only saw that for the first time in April of this year, now I've seen most episodes about 5 times and I watch it for about 3 hours a day!

The IT Crowd I didn't really watch until last series. This series it seems to be going off again slightly for me, but the second episode was funny.
  • cfc86cfc86 Posts: 31,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One Tree Hill. I got season 1 on dvd at first, got addicted so bought 2-6 a few days after. Think I finished 6 seasons in a month and a half.
    I'm now watching season 7 every Monday on E4.
    I've been told Veronica Mars is good so may buy that next.
  • memeromemero Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Also, however I have not really started watching it yet, my sister thought it was good but I cuold not get into it.

However since I have seen that james cordon o football programs I would be a lot more inclined to watch it.

The title Gavin and Tracy puts me off because I don't really like the sound of a program which is just about a relationship.

I tried to watch it the other night but I still could not get into it.
    Maybe it's too late now.
  • memeromemero Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also got into aufweidsersein pet late although other people though it was great I did not get it at the time
  • Jay BigzJay Bigz Posts: 5,338
    Forum Member
    Nevermind the buzzcocks - Discovered it around series 14 or something :D