Stubbed toe

Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
Forum Member
I was in a store today and had to go down some stairs.

As I neared the bottom couple of steps I found myself falling over,stubbing my big toe (I had flip-flop sandals on) at the same time. My toe-nail immediately blackened... since then it has swollen and is sore and throbbing.

Do I just wait for it to ease off or should I see a doctor about it does anyone know?

Thanks!

Comments

• DiscombobulateDiscombobulate Posts: 4,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be on the safe side I'd ask to see your practice nurse, you will probably get an appointment quicker than with a doctor.
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    So you don't think I should just wait for it to right itself,Discombobulate?
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ouch, don't leave it too long. Have it seen to.
  • mpmc17mpmc17 Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jo March wrote: »
    I was in a store today and had to go down some stairs.

As I neared the bottom couple of steps I found myself falling over,stubbing my big toe (I had flip-flop sandals on) at the same time. My toe-nail immediately blackened... since then it has swollen and is sore and throbbing.

Do I just wait for it to ease off or should I see a doctor about it does anyone know?

Thanks!

I regularly bash my toes up things (because I can't judge distances), and like yourself end up with the usual throbbing and black toe nail.

Your toe nail will eventually loosen and fall off, this is hell too, It can be very tender and the slightest knock or pressure can be extremely painful!

If you can't handle the pain (I know I can't!) take some painkillers and if it doesn't ease within a day or two see someone.
    Forum Member
    bornfree wrote: »
    Ouch, don't leave it too long. Have it seen to.
    mpmc17 wrote: »
    I regularly bash my toes up things (because I can't judge distances), and like yourself end up with the usual throbbing and black toe nail.

Your toe nail will eventually loosen and fall off, this is hell too, It can be very tender and the slightest knock or pressure can be extremely painful!

If you can't handle the pain (I know I can't!) take some painkillers and if it doesn't ease within a day or two see someone.
    Thanks for replies.....(Discombobulate's as well)

I think I'l see how I go on today ...I'm still limping but it's not throbbing quite as much as it was ...not looking forward to the nail coming off...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jo March wrote: »
    Thanks for replies.....(Discombobulate's as well)

I think I'l see how I go on today ...I'm still limping but it's not throbbing quite as much as it was ...not looking forward to the nail coming off...

:D I really hate it, I'm constantly knocking mine and making it bleed if I don't cover it up.

Congrats on your 1000th post btw :)
    Forum Member
    :D I really hate it, I'm constantly knocking mine and making it bleed if I don't cover it up.

Congrats on your 1000th post btw :)

Thanks!..I hadn't noticed :)
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Does it grow back?

I'm not being funny or saying some people in DS are feckless but I'm still waiting for a thread entitled "paper cut'' in advice.
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glowbot wrote: »
    I'm not being funny or saying some people in DS are feckless but I'm still waiting for a thread entitled "paper cut'' in advice.

Or "Does it make sense to wear flip-flops when climbing or descending stairs?"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glowbot wrote: »
    Does it grow back?

Of course it does. ;)

I have to agree with you though, but I think most people just want to read others experiences most of the time rather than asking for advice.
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course it does. ;)

I have to agree with you though, but I think most people just want to read others experiences most of the time rather than asking for advice.

Are you winking because it doesn't grow back :(

I didn't, I actually followed the advice I got one time and PROPERLY effed my life up.