Options

Asda Stops Selling Singles.

2»

Comments

• Options
    darkknight77darkknight77 Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmn I do think phasing out CD singles is a mistake. I think the american market is very boring. I've never been an album person, I like more variety, I very rarely sit down and listen to an entire album, I get bored of hearing the same artist for an hour. Singles are good cos you get bonus tracks, video and remixes included, none of which come with albums. Plus often the good tracks from an album are released on single anyway.

We are slowly becoming more like America with music, which is sad, over there the charts are irrelevant, and its only albums in shops, plus pretty much the only music genres you hear are rock, urban and country.

Plus i never pay for downloaded music so they are shooting themselves in the foot. I will go out and buy a physical cd single of a song I love.. if I want to download it, I won't go and spend £1 downloading it from a site, only to have it crippled by DRM etc. I'll just click Limewire and download it for free.. and I know many people that are the same!

If downloading is the only option, how many people will choose to pay rather than download just as easily from a p2p client?
  • Options
    scoobyju1scoobyju1 Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I stopped buying singles a while back, it's a complete waste of money since I'd normally buy the album when it came out anyway.

Music stores are cutting back on cd/vinyl space as there's no market for them now, years ago you would sell hundreds of copies of a single, nowadays you're lucky if you sell 20/30. They're replacing the space with something that sells!