Options

Sarah Harding on The Chase..wow

PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
Forum Member
Ive changed my opinion on her, she had a rough time on Corrie which was unjustified.

Just seen her on the Chase, stunning, and what a lovely personality

Well done indeed.

Comments

• Options
    Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,372
    Forum Member
    I've met her in the past and she's absolutely lovely, I always feel a bit sad she gets a bit of flack.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Being nice doesn't mean you can act in a soap
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »

She certainly couldn't.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

90% of the Hollyoaks cast seem to go against that opinion. :blush:
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member

Nice looking and can't act, yes but how do you know they're all nice people?
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was really bad in CS. Perhaps she should realise that acting isnt her forte.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't comment on her personality as have never met her but she was awful in Corrie.
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    I suppose we should be grateful that entertainment people tend to limit themselves to other branches of entertainment and politics. Can you imagine going in for surgery and finding someone who starred as a surgeon in Holby City was doing your op?
  • Options
    MK184MK184 Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always liked Sarah; I remember around ten years ago Girls Aloud did a "behind the scenes" style documentary series, and finding her the most genuine and entertaining. She comes across as somebody who'd be a right laugh, and easy to get along with. She wasn't brilliant in Corrie but then she never proclaimed to be a professional actress as some made out and I think the stick she got for it was a bit too far.
  • Options
    SulalaSulala Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    MK184 wrote: »
    I've always liked Sarah; I remember around ten years ago Girls Aloud did a "behind the scenes" style documentary series, and finding her the most genuine and entertaining. She comes across as somebody who'd be a right laugh, and easy to get along with. .
    I agree, to me she seems like the most likable one in Girls Aloud. Oddly she seems to be the least popular of the bunch among fans. I feel bad she's gotten stick over the years.
  • Options
    Mrs CMrs C Posts: 1,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She got blackballed by Nicola, Kimberly and Cheryl who formed some weird holy trinity that ousted Sarah. Always thought she probably wouldn't worship Cheryl the way the other two do. Nicola and Kimberley seem happy to be Cheryl's accessories. Girls Aloud became the Cheryl band - she was the prettiest but probably least talented - Nadine was the voice and Sarah the personality. Cheryl aligned herself to the two most bland so she would be the star of that show and Sarah got sidelined in the mess.
    Felt so sorry for her when she wasn't invited to Kimberley wedding...
  • Options
    SulalaSulala Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    Mrs C wrote: »
    She got blackballed by Nicola, Kimberly and Cheryl who formed some weird holy trinity that ousted Sarah. Always thought she probably wouldn't worship Cheryl the way the other two do. Nicola and Kimberley seem happy to be Cheryl's accessories. Girls Aloud became the Cheryl band - she was the prettiest but probably least talented - Nadine was the voice and Sarah the personality. Cheryl aligned herself to the two most bland so she would be the star of that show and Sarah got sidelined in the mess.

Agree very much. I don't necessarily think Cheryl is the prettiest, I think all of the girls in the band are beautiful. But yes, Sarah and Nadine both got sidelined because they refused to be Cheryl's lackies.
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've always thought Nadine and Sarah were by far the most attractive members of Girls Aloud. Far more so than Cheryl, in my opinion.
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just 90%? ^_^
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Very true. In most GA documentaries/interviews Cheryl is the one talking (usually gobbing off about something) flanked by her two nodding dogs who throw in the occasional "yeah" to back her up. Sarah and Nadine are usually the book-ends trying their best not to roll their eyes at her. Nadine couldn't be bothered with them from early on and moved to America anyway, but Sarah has been totally shunned by them (not being invited to birthdays, weddings etc).
  • Options
    Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    True.
  • Options
    NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very true. In most GA documentaries/interviews Cheryl is the one talking (usually gobbing off about something) flanked by her two nodding dogs who throw in the occasional "yeah" to back her up. Sarah and Nadine are usually the book-ends trying their best not to roll their eyes at her. Nadine couldn't be bothered with them from early on and moved to America anyway, but Sarah has been totally shunned by them (not being invited to birthdays, weddings etc).

Exhibit A;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMOtX-hmHtg
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MK184 wrote: »
    I've always liked Sarah; I remember around ten years ago Girls Aloud did a "behind the scenes" style documentary series, and finding her the most genuine and entertaining. She comes across as somebody who'd be a right laugh, and easy to get along with. She wasn't brilliant in Corrie but then she never proclaimed to be a professional actress as some made out and I think the stick she got for it was a bit too far.

BIB - Of course she did! Corrie wasn't her first acting job, and she'd banged on in interviews about being an actress! Unfortunately, she lacked acting talent.
  • Options
    funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,350
    Forum Member
    NicoleRich wrote: »

ekek Cheryl really came across badly. Before all the X Factor coaching to be the Nations sweetheart
  • Options
    NicolaClareNicolaClare Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    She was really bad in CS. Perhaps she should realise that acting isnt her forte.

She was good in St. Trinians..... But couldn't warm to her in Corrie... :(
  • Options
    MK184MK184 Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    BIB - Of course she did! Corrie wasn't her first acting job, and she'd banged on in interviews about being an actress! Unfortunately, she lacked acting talent.

To me she didn't because whenever I saw her interviewed about the role, she said she'd wanted a part as she was a fan of the show and liked acting. But she always acknowledged that she wasn't an actress and was saying even prior to the role that she was expecting heavy criticism. She may not have been a good actress by any means but there are lots of very bad actors in soaps, yet Sarah seemed to get endless criticism, and in my opinion, it just seemed very OTT for somebody making a brief cameo in a soap.