Anyone name this 80s tv progarm?

oranges71oranges71 Posts: 1,140
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It was on ITV in about 1983. A ginger/red headed young guy wins or inherits some money and moves into a large stately type of mansion. His friends move in with him. He kept a pet tiger that freely roamed around with him.

I've often thought of this program but don't remember what it was called.

Comments

• stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Was this a cartoon?
  • oranges71oranges71 Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was this a cartoon?

No, it wasn't a cartoon. It was a live-action program. It was on Sunday afternoons I think.

I've tried googling key words for the program but have never found what it was called.
  • Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    Was it The Boy Who Won the Pools?
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red haired guy ? Chris Evans ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    oranges71 wrote: »
    It was on ITV in about 1983. A ginger/red headed young guy wins or inherits some money and moves into a large stately type of mansion. His friends move in with him. He kept a pet tiger that freely roamed around with him.

I've often thought of this program but don't remember what it was called.

"The boy who won the pools"?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0335627/
  • bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    Definitely The Boy Who Won The Pools......perhaps a remake is in order now given some of the massive lottery jackpots that have been won recently.
  • oranges71oranges71 Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it The Boy Who Won the Pools?

Yes, yes, yes! That's it! Thank you so much. Did you remember that from memory? I don't recall that title at all.

Just googled the title and came up with this:

ABOVE AVERAGE teencom that ended up buried in the Sunday afternoon “from the regions” slot as warmup to BULLSEYE. Titular hero 17-year-old Rodney Baverstock wins 758,000 pounds and 27 pence thanks to aunt’s coupon cunning. Resultant riches lead to red Ferrari, a tiger, a giant mansion and bankrolling soul singer mate Sami Tate’s recording career, plus crowd of hangers-on included Swedish chauffeur (and naturist) Claudia, Rastafarian gardner Leroy, long-suffering (aren’t they always?) girlfriend Liz and best mate Thornton (who thought he was a robot).

http://www.tvcream.co.uk/?p=4056
  • Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    oranges71 wrote: »
    Yes, yes, yes! That's it! Thank you so much. Did you remember that from memory? I don't recall that title at all.

Just googled the title and came up with this:

ABOVE AVERAGE teencom that ended up buried in the Sunday afternoon “from the regions” slot as warmup to BULLSEYE. Titular hero 17-year-old Rodney Baverstock wins 758,000 pounds and 27 pence thanks to aunt’s coupon cunning. Resultant riches lead to red Ferrari, a tiger, a giant mansion and bankrolling soul singer mate Sami Tate’s recording career, plus crowd of hangers-on included Swedish chauffeur (and naturist) Claudia, Rastafarian gardner Leroy, long-suffering (aren’t they always?) girlfriend Liz and best mate Thornton (who thought he was a robot).

http://www.tvcream.co.uk/?p=4056

Yeah. As soon as I read your description I knew what it was.

Incidentally, I didn't really watch it. I think I may have caught one or two episodes, but a friend of mine loved it. He was always banging on about it.

I knew what it was about. I can remember a Lotus on his driveway.
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I vaguely remember this programme.In saying that i remember seeing the book when i use to go to the library.

http://childrensbookshop.com/images/bookimages/79/79863.jpg
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    I have never heard of this but did watch Bullseye :confused:
  • sickparrotsickparrot Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was that the one where there was a Marshall amp stack in every room? Or am I thinking of something involving rich musicians?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    I never watched it but for some reason remember it clearly - the partially animated titles, the robot boy. Had a flick through the book and think he need up losing the money due to a technicality, probably that he was too young to play.