Options

What is your favourite Super Mario game?

HMOHMO Posts: 42,228
Forum Member
I've played some of the classic ones but really got into the more recent 'Galaxy' series and New Super Mario Bros. Wii. I played 3D Land on the 3DS which I thought was pretty good too.

What is your favourite Super Mario game? 28 votes

The Super Mario Bros. series (1980s)
17% 5 votes
Super Mario Land (1989)
3% 1 vote
Super Mario World (1990)
35% 10 votes
Super Mario Kart (1992)
7% 2 votes
The Mario Party series (early 2000s)
0% 0 votes
Super Mario Advance
0% 0 votes
Super Mario Sunshine
3% 1 vote
Super Paper Mario
0% 0 votes
Super Mario Galaxy
14% 4 votes
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
0% 0 votes
Super Mario Galaxy 2
7% 2 votes
Mario Kart Wii
7% 2 votes
Super Mario 3D Land
0% 0 votes
Others
3% 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    To was going to say Super Mario 64 because that's my favourite 'Mario running wround' game ...

But Mario Kart Double Dash wins because of the insane couch multiplayer fun I used to have.
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    To was going to say Super Mario 64 because that's my favourite 'Mario running wround' game ...

But Mario Kart Double Dash wins because of the insane couch multiplayer fun I used to have.
    Yeah I was going to vote Mario 64 as well, I remember being really impressed when I first played that game.
  • Options
    xStorm_BringeRxxStorm_BringeRx Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    That's a tough choice to make. For co-op fun it has to be SMK Double Dash and for SP gaming, for me, it has to be Super Mario World although SMB3 comes a very close second. It would have been just as difficult if you had have asked what our favourite Zelda game is.
  • Options
    MeepersMeepers Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    Super Mario Bros 3 on the NES. The scale of it at the time was breathtaking, and the little things to find were virtually endless. As a platformer, nothing has come close for me. There are so many ideas in that were way ahead of its time.

Of the others, I have a soft spot for Sunshine. Not because it was the best, just it was really really good fun and quirky
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,397
    Forum Member
    Voted for Super Mario World although I could have easily voted for any of the older 2D side scrolling games.

I know that Mario 64 & some of the other newer 3D style games get a lot of love but I never really got into any of those games. I'd put all the old 2D NES/SNES games as well as the newer 2D style Wii/Wii U games above all of the 3D games (64, Sunshine, Galaxy etc...).

I got the Goldeneye/F1 World GP bundle when I brought my N64 so never got to play Mario 64 until later when a friend got it & I remember playing that for the 1st time having heard everyone rave about how great it was only to be completely underwhelmed by it myself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Mario Party should fall under "Others", and Mario 64 should be added.
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kal_El wrote: »
    Mario Party should fall under "Others", and Mario 64 should be added.

Yeah I agree, Super Mario 64 shouldn't be lumped with "Others", not because it's my choice just because it a great game period.