Dunno whether to audition for the X Factor

JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
Forum Member
Hi,

I got an e-mail about auditioning for the X Factor in Newcastle but it'd involve missing a day of uni as I'd not be able to get down to Essex within the day.

Anyway, I auditioned last year and got through and was meant to go to see the judges but it just wasn't the right time at all as my aunt had terminal cancer and shiz as well as uni so I just decided not to do it.

Anyway they told me to re-apply so I did and got an e-mail about getting through and doing it, but again it'd involve missing a day of uni.

I've done a quick video so you can hear me, I was ill when I recorded it and the quality isn't the best but it gives you an idea lol, so any advice would be appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06hAtqZtSlU

So yeah I dunno whether to go for it,

Comments

• Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey Jordan!

I think you have a very nice voice, and if you got asked to try again they obviously see something in you. However if missing a day of uni for it bothers you then I'd question your committment and its extremely important to really want it in the music business.

Overall I'd say go for it, if you really want it. You have nothing to lose :)
  • JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    Hey Jordan!

I think you have a very nice voice, and if you got asked to try again they obviously see something in you. However if missing a day of uni for it bothers you then I'd question your committment and its extremely important to really want it in the music business.

Overall I'd say go for it, if you really want it. You have nothing to lose :)

The thing is I have no aspirations of being a singer lol, don't get me wrong I enjoy singing and performing; but it's fun and I enjoy it now, I don't know if I'd enjoy it as a full time job if that makes sense? I wanna be a Speech Pathologist rofl so it's a bit different.

I get what you mean and thanks for the compliment but we'll see, X Factor's one of those things where I just see it as a laugh, I don't really expect (or want) anything to come of it.
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Don't waste your time.
    Forum Member
    Tyjet wrote: »
    Don't waste your time.

Cheers dude, thanks for your honesty :)
    Forum Member
    JordanC55 wrote: »
    Cheers dude, thanks for your honesty :)
    That's not a criticism of your singing :p But of the X Factor process as a whole. It's not worth it.
    Forum Member
    That's not a criticism of your singing :p But of the X Factor process as a whole. It's not worth it.

How'd you mean?
    Forum Member
    I'm sure you know how the show works by now...you've been following it long enough.
    Forum Member
    I'm sure you know how the show works by now...you've been following it long enough.

Yeah I know, like I know what I'll be putting myself through haha I just thought you were gonna give me an insight into something lol
  • Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if you can catch up with what you did in uni just do it
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Have a stab at The Voice, they won't put you through the wringer as much as XF does, but try not to win, the runner up tends to be the most successful instead of the winner.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    If you don't want anything from it, then i don't see the point of going.

Try again next year or a year where you haven't got any commitments. :)

By the way, I love your voice.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't want to pursue music, I don't think it's worth missing Uni time over. If Uni is the path that's going to help you with the career you do want, I'd say that comes first.

TXF will be a very long process, especially so if you're just in it for a bit of fun rather than long-term aspirations. Of course, it's essentially down to you. Good luck either way! :)
  • aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey Jordan,

I think you have a very rich and deep voice but more on the theatrical level. I would say go for it IF this is something your 100% set on and the XF platform is a road you want to take (with the cliché's, the manipulation, limited song choices that may not suit your voice etc), perhaps the experience would be beneficial too. I do personally think the BGT and The Voice platform would be better suited to your style though. :)
  • doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do it Jordan!

You only live once