Trivial things that annoy you about TV

Comments

• maycontainnutsmaycontainnuts Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    reporters in a media scrum shouting out questions at politicians in the street... probably it's more about the reporter than the politician
  • Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 25,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davads wrote: »
    It's called recording. It's quite commonplace these days.

Are you saying you want every programme on TV to be live? :(

As for the "pretence", it does fool people. I remember once having a chat with an old boy who was blissfully convinced that just because Richard Whiteley used to say "It's [day/date]" on every episode that meant it was indeed live :) I couldn't bring myself to shatter his illusion...

Aaahhh, I can remember my Mum explaining Brucie's "you're so much better than last week's" audience joke to me. I really had no idea about recording it in advance until then.
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,566
    Forum Member
    davads wrote: »
    It's called recording. It's quite commonplace these days.

Nothing wrong with recording - just don't pretend it's live!
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Continuity.

This was in a film but it still fits.

Drunk girl goes to bed in her clothes.
    Wakes up middle of the night and she's in her nighty.

When did that happen?
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The contestants on Catchphrase. Why do they always have to act like idiots ? just play the game and keep your mouths shut, we don't need to hear you talking rubbish after every guess.

I also think they should rename that show, it's not Catchphrase at all, it's Say What You See. They actually say Say What You See more times than they do Catchphrase throughout the show :p
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    That diabolical continuity voice over on Channel Four. I can't make out what is being said at all. What accent is it?
  • confuddledconfuddled Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silversox wrote: »
    That diabolical continuity voice over on Channel Four. I can't make out what is being said at all. What accent is it?

the female is welsh but there's also an old sounding guy who gives you the impression he's on the brink of suicide.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    confuddled wrote: »
    the female is welsh but there's also an old sounding guy who gives you the impression he's on the brink of suicide.

I thought she was from the west Indies.
  • confuddledconfuddled Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    I thought she was from the west Indies.

no.... the one i'm thinking off is definitely from the valleys, surely there cant be more than one:o
  • carriebabycarriebaby Posts: 1,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes there is a Welsh lady and also a West Indian lady.

Apparently they advertised for people with strong regional accents to do the voice overs.
  • CaligCalig Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    People crying over little things are ridiculous.

I also hate it when programmes use laugh tracks.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The red button nag logo. Yes we know there's a red button, but we're not watching that channel because we've chosen to watch this one.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was just watching Shaun the Sheep and in the first minute I see the CBBC logo next to a "NEW" on screen graphic followed by a giant on screen graphic in the bottom right telling us the programme has subtitles.

Not only is this bloody annoying but it's CLUTTERED and just looks godawful! >:(
  • Cory_Osborn2Cory_Osborn2 Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Channel 5 is extremely loud when my TV volume is set to 28 but BBC One is extremely quiet?, very annoying.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Channel 5 is extremely loud when my TV volume is set to 28 but BBC One is extremely quiet?, very annoying.
    Try delving into your TV or recorder settings. There might be a setting which automatically equalises the volume.
  • goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The amount of times people say 'AMAZING' - there are other adjectives - could someone please use some........
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Furniture companies promising delivery of new furniture before Christmas*. It's 106 days until Christmas Eve (if you don't include today), so I'd be surprised if they couldn't.

* - Apparently, there was a commercial stating this during The Chase today.
  • mike1948mike1948 Posts: 2,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goldberry1 wrote: »
    The amount of times people say 'AMAZING' - there are other adjectives - could someone please use some........

FANTASTIC is the one that gets me.

I blame TV talent shows.
  • GrahameSteeleGrahameSteele Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mike1948 wrote: »
    FANTASTIC is the one that gets me.

I blame TV talent shows.

Thats AMAZINGLY FANTASTIC! :D
  • ArtygillArtygill Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    I get irked by nature documentaries that insist on using sound effects for every creature. Knowing full well that two bods in a back room somewhere are creating the effects with bits of paper and old coffee cups doesn't help but I just wish they would record some ambient sound for those times when insects are moving. In real life if we were watching ants run along a branch we wouldn't hear anything! A recent one had penguins sounding like they were wearing hobnail boots.
  • bazfedbazfed Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Motor Sports presenters who have annoying voices:
    David Coulthard: 'Worrald', "Keemee Raikonen'. 'Daneeel Keevyat'
    Tim Harvey: Nasal utterings
    Jason Plato: Stick to driving
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About 2 minutes before the end of Shaun the Sheep this giant DOG appears in the bottom right, with a vertical line going halfway up the screen, saying about some Shaun jigsaw puzzle on their website. It takes up about 20% of the screen! Piss off with the screen clutter! >:(
  • NobbyspilesNobbyspiles Posts: 6,041
    Forum Member
    Sky soccer Saturday pundits trying to be more excited/shouty than each other !!!!!!!

Unbelievable Jeff >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When weather presenters constantly express surprise at good weather in September, shouldn't they know by now it always improves once the schools start again?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The constant Quoting of meaningless statistics on Sky Sports News e.g. Mourinho's away record on Sundays against teams with more than three vowels in their name.

Also Christina Patterson, Carole Malone and Julia Hartley-Brewer on the Sky News press preview are all insufferable.