Options

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 61)

Comments

• Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno Kitty Brucknell did it and it and she survived
  • Options
    big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    I dunno Kitty Brucknell did it and it and she survived

From a sing off. She won't be saved a third time
  • Options
    EuroFoxiEuroFoxi Posts: 12,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jaccobabe wrote: »
    http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20161020/local/maltese-fattest-in-europe-by-a-wide-margin.628570

I started thinking, and laughing about whoever on here who called Destiny a baby elephant. Its bit rude but v funny

*Waves* :blush:

Sadly, that was me. I didn't mean it in that sense though... Just, she's not very light on her feet? :D
  • Options
    nick1990nick1990 Posts: 4,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    8 entries so far for Fantasy heat 6, please keep them coming!
  • Options
    weedydiamondweedydiamond Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saara will sing Oh So Quite on Saturday

Was this by Bjrok ? ;-) Or do I have the wrong song?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was this by Bjrok ? ;-) Or do I have the wrong song?

That's the one

Meanwhile I'm loving Dami's new song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR2BJNFZmdQ
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Up to 12 entries for Heat 6 of Fantasy now, please keep em coming! You have until 6pm tomorrow to PM your choice to me, playlist to be revealed after the results of this weeks.
  • Options
    JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EuroFoxi wrote: »
    *Waves* :blush:

Sadly, that was me. I didn't mean it in that sense though... Just, she's not very light on her feet? :D

Hahaha. Loved it :)
    You good!
  • Options
    JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just started on playlist this week. Only on song 3, but wanna listen to them all again and maybe some will end up higher than I originally thought :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Up to 15 entries now, keep them coming guys!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just another bump to give you guys a slap on the buttocks to get a song to me for Heat 6 of Fantasy, lets get the numbers up!

You have until 6pm tomorrow.

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JESC controversy FYROM maybe forced to pull out due to them not being able to air the Macedonian and Serbian entries
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww Saara is such a sweetheart, I actually had a tear in my eye when she was crying in her VT because she wasn't used to such high praise. I think she's genuinely under the impression that people dislike her. :cry:

I loved her performance tonight, it was just so different from all the other acts and it was purely Saara just being Saara. I really hope the voting public can finally get behind her.
  • Options
    AliceyAlicey Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    Saara's performance seems to have gone down well.

But then her performances seemed to go down well the previous 2 weeks and the public still didn't bloody vote for her.:cry:

At least the show seem to be supporting her now.
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,277
    Forum Member
    Not a fan of Oh So Quiet, but Saara did the best that can be done with that and going full acid trip on it. Loved Sharon's quip about it being nothing to do with her. Yes I think everyone has known that for a while... :kitty:
    JESC controversy FYROM maybe forced to pull out due to them not being able to air the Macedonian and Serbian entries

What a strange turn of events, would be a shame, Macedonia (as per) is one of the better ones this year. Skopje Fest has been cancelled as well.
  • Options
    portugalportugal Posts: 1,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww Saara is such a sweetheart, I actually had a tear in my eye when she was crying in her VT because she wasn't used to such high praise. I think she's genuinely under the impression that people dislike her. :cry:

I loved her performance tonight, it was just so different from all the other acts and it was purely Saara just being Saara. I really hope the voting public can finally get behind her.
    Alicey wrote: »
    Saara's performance seems to have gone down well.

But then her performances seemed to go down well the previous 2 weeks and the public still didn't bloody vote for her.:cry:

At least the show seem to be supporting her now.

The show has become a parody of itself over the past few years and it annoys me that Saara is being portrayed in a "Kooky" way. She speaks English as a second language and has made the biggest personal sacrifice to be on the show. Her performance visually tonight was totally on point and vocally was as stunning as Bjork's. Her sing off on the first elimination show was just off the scale. At least 6 acts were enormously inferior to her tonight. Hope she gets the votes.....

Speaking of votes. You have until 15.00 tomorrow to send me your votes for this weeks poll. Over half in now so thank you for that. Am aiming for a 17.00 reveal so you can all enjoy your Sunday night Strictly/XFactor viewing. Hope that is ok?
  • Options
    King KuntaKing Kunta Posts: 6,086
    Forum Member
    She was wonderful. It probably was a case of 'shove her in the pimp slot, let her have her moment, give her as much praise as we can, see if she can put a dent in the votes and have a reprieve but we can always dispose her now with a weak song and early slot next week x' but I'll take what I can get at this stage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still waiting on Fantasy entries guys!!!! Get them to be before 6pm!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still waiting on 5 peoples votes and one persons re-votes(Tried to give 10 points to their own entry!)

Remember the vote closes at 3 PM :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still only at 16 entries for heat 6 of Fantasy! Come on guys! Lets get over 20!
  • Options
    big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have totally screwed this up. I have sent my country's song from a year out.

Totally confused now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So welcome all to the Girl Power results. Plenty of points for all songs and only 69 points between first and last. Before I start the countdown I have prepared a scoreboard for those who want to watch the results. Firstly (my mistake) I titled Denmark 95 as 93 but all the votes are correct and secondly I had a score of 10 points off 1 voter for their own song. I was unable to contact them for amendments so I upgraded all their votes from 1-8 by a point and awarded their one point to the song that finished last so I could complete the voting link.

Here it is if you choose to watch it. Obviously do not reveal the result on here untill I've finished with the Countdown.

http://tummiweb.com/scorewiz/scoreboard/view/165861/girl-power-best-solo-female-entry-1956-1999

Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,277
    Forum Member
    Should've just scrubbed their votes completely if they were incorrect, but them I'm just evil like that. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    Should've just scrubbed their votes completely if they were incorrect, but them I'm just evil like that. :p

That's the spirit ;-)

16th 27 points

France 1994 Nina Morato “Je suis un vrais garcon” (weedydiamond)

12 -
    10 -
    8 -
    7 - Only_You
    6 - spindiddly
    5 - portugal Steven_P
    4 -
    3 - steeleuro_wolf
    2 -
    1 - big bro geek
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    15th 33 points

Denmark 1989 Birthe Kjaer”Vi maler byen rod” (Jaccobabe)

12 -
    10 -
    8 -
    7 - Drew Peacock
    6 -
    5 - Lisa.B
    4 - big bro geek
    3 - portugal nick1990 sbrum1984
    2 - phill363 ESC Ross Only_You thengp12
    1 -
This discussion has been closed.