20 + 100 = 70?

RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
Forum Member
✭✭
Whilst I was receiving my free month of TUTV I could see a direct correlation between how much I had set aside for my selected channels and how much I had for my own use and it added up to 120 hours.

Now, after calling and cancelling the service, I've come back home this evening to find that it didn't record a half-hour program because it didn't have enough space, even though it had 17 hours when I went out.

And now upon de-selecting every TUTV channel I have 70 hours of free disk space...

What happened to the rest of it?

And now I actually look at the LIbrary I have about 11 hours of recorded shows (mostly Shaun the Sheep) and yet I have only 18 hours free? So despite my Customise TUTV Anytime menu saying I have 70 hours I now have 29????

(Note - Also posted in the TUTV forum before I found this one)

Comments

• psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The free space is merely an estimate - see http://www.ukkafka.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=647
  • SimplyObsessedSimplyObsessed Posts: 3,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    psionic wrote: »
    The free space is merely an estimate - see http://www.ukkafka.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=647

I bet they estimate it and add a few more hours on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rorschach wrote: »
    Whilst I was receiving my free month of TUTV I could see a direct correlation between how much I had set aside for my selected channels and how much I had for my own use and it added up to 120 hours.

Now, after calling and cancelling the service, I've come back home this evening to find that it didn't record a half-hour program because it didn't have enough space, even though it had 17 hours when I went out.

And now upon de-selecting every TUTV channel I have 70 hours of free disk space...

What happened to the rest of it?

And now I actually look at the LIbrary I have about 11 hours of recorded shows (mostly Shaun the Sheep) and yet I have only 18 hours free? So despite my Customise TUTV Anytime menu saying I have 70 hours I now have 29????

(Note - Also posted in the TUTV forum before I found this one)

I unticked all my topup tv and got a little over 60 hrs but do really have all this recording time as I haven't streched it this far yet