Options

The Pasha Kovalev Appreciation Board (2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pashafan wrote: »
    Dorking report.

We ( with Julie and Laura) arrived at Dorking Halls at 5.45 parked at the back opposite the Pashmobile …we then handed over tthe cupcake bouquet to staff and went for dinner/drink with Luci prior to the show….we headed back at 7.50 and took our front row centre seats…oh lordy we could touch the stage with our feet.. the stage was very high and we were almost attached to it so it was necessary to tilt our heads back 45 degrees to see the top of the stage although it was sloping forward (not ideal conditions for scarfcam)….when the opening fast Cha Cha started he was just a couple of feet away from us, we were just so close it was ridiculous. I actually really enjoyed this show as it was good to know what was coming next and I felt slightly more relaxed …LOVED watching them dance again, beautiful costumes, choreography, wow what an amazing dancer he is, beautiful precise movements and he is very in sync Katya, my fave dance was still the Rumba , I started to film it but his expression walking towards me at 6 seconds (freeze frame it) was sweet surrender indeed! http://www.flickr.com/photos/92849131@N07/8752980865/in/photostream
    During the mankini segment when Pasha said it was impossible to wear, Luci shouted out TRY omg Mike was homing in on us and Pasha winked .Q&A were the usual ones we could all answer, except Pasha said he would like to dance with Kate Middleton.however during the Q&A Pasha was sitting right in front of Julie and I with the lights up…all I’m saying ladies is think January 2014 calendar pose .. .. during the Gangnam segment Pasha comes out to give a dance lesson he was standing opposite me, I felt like I was having a private dance lesson…The audience comp was good fun 2 couples, and one elder lady who Mike paired up with 11 year old Edgar who went on to steal the show..bless him.. After Katya’s vid from Take The Lead I was psyching myself up for operation scarfcam (genius idea callie) Pasha appeared holding up cape as expected, I started filming but then Katya appeared too..what.. that didn't happen in Camberley..became a bit flustered, composed myself slightly until 1.16 when he looked like he was going to land on me, he was that close I was being fanned by his cape http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVv7IKV3Hk8
    After the Grease medley we stood up and gave them a standing ovation, Katya blew me a kiss and mouthed thank you, ahem we were the only 4 standing, oh well we had been whooping and cheering all night
    Waiting for M&G with P&K I started talking to Ryan, gave him some chocolates, he thanked me for cupcakes, I told him the chocolates were for him as last time they were for Lindsey as it was her Birthday, he gave me another hug and kiss…and said Pasha has got him on the chocolate as well, I just enquired where they stay when in London, he said that he and Lindsey stay at Katya’s, and that they were going back there that night, but Pasha has his own apartment/Pashpad.
    There was this grumpy old man who insisted on being at the back of the queue as he needed to talk to them, I said fine but we might be a while hope you don’t mind waiting .Pasha and Katya were amazing, they thanked me for cupcakes and I gave katya some chocolates, a travel candle, a Baryshnikov dvd, I gave Pasha chocolate chocolate and chocolate, we were so more relaxed this time, he opened a box of his precious chocolates and insisted we try one, Julie hates nuts but ate one anyway as it was from Pasha…..I really don’t know what happens to me in his presence, I had so many normal and sane questions to ask but managed to talk about mainly chocolate …I warned him about Reading and a possible Pashanista’s onslaught..Laura was hilarious she asked Pasha how he kept so fit…could be all that dancing…. l was just about to mention the cruise when grumpy old man tried to butt in saying he had been waiting a long time…bless Pasha he stood up and told him to hang on as we hadn’t had our photos taken yet…Julie, Laura and Luci had their photos taken then me…..Pasha asked if I was happy with the bakcgroud…like an idiot I answered …oh its fine I am very happy with the foreground…when I went to kiss Pasha on left side first we had a Pasherley moment when we nearly kissed on lips..very close shave…more kiss and hugs and then he looked at me straight in the eyes and said you are spoiling me and then I was gone.

Just fabulous Susie......thank you for the amazing report and the Paso vid...operation scarfcam was an undoubted success :cool:.....I will be watching that time and time again...sigh :o ....and the wink.....and the meet and greet close shave :eek:.... pah to the grumpy old man....glad Pasha told him to wait his turn....love the PashaPad :D....oh and Kate Middleton now :rolleyes:

Lol to Laura's question....bless her :).....bit like my 'butt' question....doh :o

Can't wait for your next report from your exploits at Reading......oh and Pashulty will be there too....double trouble :D
  • Options
    PashafanPashafan Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    music girl wrote: »
    Last night's show in Potters Bar – :):)
    Absolutely wonderful! I enjoyed it even more than Stevenage!!
    Audience was so excited, about 600 people and the theatre provided about 100 extra seats in the front to accommodate families of young dancers. The group, Sapphire dance Academy did a great routine - even included tap dancing and a few girls were moving about on their pointed ballet shoes!

Ryan and Lindsey were awesome and connected brilliantly with everyone and Mike was in his element as usual. Also found out that there is a young man, Jay, travelling with them who takes care of all the props, video clips, sound etc. So I would imagine that he and Mike share the driving of the ‘Abacus’ white van while the dancers drive about in the ‘Discovery’ Pashmobile!
    Pasha and Katya danced beautifully together - they have really been on a wonderful 'adventure' . They look very comfortable with each other, working so hard to give the audience such pleasure. All the group dances were also so full of energy and so polished. I was delighted to be there!
    Some interesting thoughts in the Q and A –
    There was the usual question about who Pasha would like to dance with next and he muttered that he would of course like J-Lo or Beyonce, but then he said it would be interesting to dance with Judi Dench!! I think he wanted to show that he can dance with anyone, any age and that it could be exciting…or perhaps she has been asked to take part in the next SCD – you never know……?
    Someone asked about how the music is chosen on SCD and whether the pro’s have a say....
    Katya said she has always been lucky with the choices but Pasha then explained that he was not at all happy with the music for him and Kim’s Paso Doble – Hungry Wolf – he really wanted to do a classic, dramatic Paso. It confirmed my thoughts at that time, because I couldn’t imagine Paso choosing that song either, not after his fabulous Paso with Chelsee. So the producers were definitely interfering!
    Looking forward to hearing more from Susie’s evening in Dorking – loved the Scarfcam clip, well done! Cupcakes looked beautiful too.
    Pashulty, have a great birthday – congratulations!:)

Thank you music girl glad you had a fab time, I really enjoyed my second show too. Very interesting info about Paso Doble music...that explains a lot as I was really surprised by the choice of music given his amazing PD with Chelsee
  • Options
    SalsaShonSalsaShon Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Pashafan wrote: »
    Dorking report.

We ( with Julie and Laura) arrived at Dorking Halls at 5.45 parked at the back opposite the Pashmobile …we then handed over tthe cupcake bouquet to staff and went for dinner/drink with Luci prior to the show….we headed back at 7.50 and took our front row centre seats…oh lordy we could touch the stage with our feet.. the stage was very high and we were almost attached to it so it was necessary to tilt our heads back 45 degrees to see the top of the stage although it was sloping forward (not ideal conditions for scarfcam)….when the opening fast Cha Cha started he was just a couple of feet away from us, we were just so close it was ridiculous. I actually really enjoyed this show as it was good to know what was coming next and I felt slightly more relaxed …LOVED watching them dance again, beautiful costumes, choreography, wow what an amazing dancer he is, beautiful precise movements and he is very in sync Katya, my fave dance was still the Rumba , I started to film it but his expression walking towards me at 6 seconds (freeze frame it) was sweet surrender indeed! http://www.flickr.com/photos/92849131@N07/8752980865/in/photostream
    During the mankini segment when Pasha said it was impossible to wear, Luci shouted out TRY omg Mike was homing in on us and Pasha winked .Q&A were the usual ones we could all answer, except Pasha said he would like to dance with Kate Middleton.however during the Q&A Pasha was sitting right in front of Julie and I with the lights up…all I’m saying ladies is think January 2014 calendar pose .. .. during the Gangnam segment Pasha comes out to give a dance lesson he was standing opposite me, I felt like I was having a private dance lesson…The audience comp was good fun 2 couples, and one elder lady who Mike paired up with 11 year old Edgar who went on to steal the show..bless him.. After Katya’s vid from Take The Lead I was psyching myself up for operation scarfcam (genius idea callie) Pasha appeared holding up cape as expected, I started filming but then Katya appeared too..what.. that didn't happen in Camberley..became a bit flustered, composed myself slightly until 1.16 when he looked like he was going to land on me, he was that close I was being fanned by his cape http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVv7IKV3Hk8
    After the Grease medley we stood up and gave them a standing ovation, Katya blew me a kiss and mouthed thank you, ahem we were the only 4 standing, oh well we had been whooping and cheering all night
    Waiting for M&G with P&K I started talking to Ryan, gave him some chocolates, he thanked me for cupcakes, I told him the chocolates were for him as last time they were for Lindsey as it was her Birthday, he gave me another hug and kiss…and said Pasha has got him on the chocolate as well, I just enquired where they stay when in London, he said that he and Lindsey stay at Katya’s, and that they were going back there that night, but Pasha has his own apartment/Pashpad.
    There was this grumpy old man who insisted on being at the back of the queue as he needed to talk to them, I said fine but we might be a while hope you don’t mind waiting .Pasha and Katya were amazing, they thanked me for cupcakes and I gave katya some chocolates, a travel candle, a Baryshnikov dvd, I gave Pasha chocolate chocolate and chocolate, we were so more relaxed this time, he opened a box of his precious chocolates and insisted we try one, Julie hates nuts but ate one anyway as it was from Pasha…..I really don’t know what happens to me in his presence, I had so many normal and sane questions to ask but managed to talk about mainly chocolate …I warned him about Reading and a possible Pashanista’s onslaught..Laura was hilarious she asked Pasha how he kept so fit…could be all that dancing…. l was just about to mention the cruise when grumpy old man tried to butt in saying he had been waiting a long time…bless Pasha he stood up and told him to hang on as we hadn’t had our photos taken yet…Julie, Laura and Luci had their photos taken then me…..Pasha asked if I was happy with the bakcgroud…like an idiot I answered …oh its fine I am very happy with the foreground…when I went to kiss Pasha on left side first we had a Pasherley moment when we nearly kissed on lips..very close shave…more kiss and hugs and then he looked at me straight in the eyes and said you are spoiling me and then I was gone.

Fantastic report Pashafan, thank you. Also for sneaky vids.;)
    First BIB :eek: am somewhat jealous that you got that close to the Kovalev. Second BIB :o:o:o
    Think I was quite restrained now with just my hug.:p
    Judi or Kate eh. My first choice is still Marian, though wouldn't mind seeing him paired with Katie Durham or Barbara Windsor (ok she would be more suited to Vincent, height wise, but bet she's a right laugh.:p)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SalsaShon wrote: »
    Fantastic report Pashafan, thank you. Also for sneaky vids.;)
    First BIB :eek: am somewhat jealous that you got that close to the Kovalev. Second BIB :o:o:o
    Think I was quite restrained now with just my hug.:p
    Judi or Kate eh. My first choice is still Marian, though wouldn't mind seeing him paired with Katie Durham or Barbara Windsor (ok she would be more suited to Vincent, height wise, but bet she's a right laugh.:p)

Marian tweeted earlier that she was going to be a guest on Lorraine Kelly's programme tomorrow....and she said it will be her first television appearance for four years. Would she put herself through a series of scd after her well documented troubles? : :. :confused: ....perhaps..... but only with the right partner :cool:
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    Thanks Susie for sharing your amazing experience with the Kovalev with us... :D... Gorgeous Pasha moments...eek... LadyA you are not the ultimate enabler...sorry to say... its the Kovalev with his gorgeousness... :o ... Thanks for the gifts of the rumba and the paso Susie ...ooo...laaa...shirtless Pasha...mmm..ooo....puddle...loads of it... :o

I know what you mean...you go prepared in your head what sort of things you want to say but then you go in and discuss chocolates or his 'butt'..:eek: .. Katya is bad as well.. egging on the discussion re the butt and you are in deep trouble... :o...(But callie...you started all this off... eek).. You have done really well Susie and just managed to just catch his eyes... :o

Pashanista onslaught in Reading!!??... I will try and be on my best behaviour!!!....don't know whether its too late though... He will most likely call security if he knows I am there.. :o... He might forget my name but he will definitely remember Tunbridge and Leeds... :o

BTW ...did your friend Luci finally understand what the fuss was all about?...as if.. :D... ahh...lots of hugs and kisses...mmm...ooo..laaa...

Thanks for my gift Shona, callie and Teamkashax...ooo...laaa....puddle increasing... :o
  • Options
    emmalou78emmalou78 Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy belated Birthday Pashulty, hope you have had a great day, some lovely Pasha gifts for you from Shona, Callie, Teamkashax, Lady A and some scarfcam goodies courtesy of Susie, what more does a girl need other than the man himself wrapped up?:o:D

Thanks to Susie and music girl for their reports of the night, scarfcam has to be one of the greatest ideas ever, back in March the shirtless Paso did not happen so it has been great to see it, what a treat, thanks Susie for filming for us all to share. The Camberley picture of Pash you posted for Pashulty in the black shirt is just too hot for words........:o

More revelations from the Q and A, HLTW was never a good choice for the Paso, it must be hard when the producers pick a song that you don't feel but all credit to our man for being the all round star that he is and always giving 100% no matter the challenge.

Looking forward to reading all about the Pashanistas onslaught in Reading, what a tour this has been? Pasha and Katya have done us all proud and I don't want this tour to end as the many stories/photos/links have been a joy to read, we will need a support group once the tour is over!

Cheryl, have a great time on Tuesday at the show (I hope I have remembered the right date):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    emmalou78 wrote: »
    Happy belated Birthday Pashulty, hope you have had a great day, some lovely Pasha gifts for you from Shona, Callie, Teamkashax, Lady A and some scarfcam goodies courtesy of Susie, what more does a girl need other than the man himself wrapped up?:o:D
    Thanks to Susie and music girl for their reports of the night, scarfcam has to be one of the greatest ideas ever, back in March the shirtless Paso did not happen so it has been great to see it, what a treat, thanks Susie for filming for us all to share. The Camberley picture of Pash you posted for Pashulty in the black shirt is just too hot for words........:o
    More revelations from the Q and A, HLTW was never a good choice for the Paso, it must be hard when the producers pick a song that you don't feel but all credit to our man for being the all round star that he is and always giving 100% no matter the challenge.
    Looking forward to reading all about the Pashanistas onslaught in Reading, what a tour this has been? Pasha and Katya have done us all proud and I don't want this tour to end as the many stories/photos/links have been a joy to read, we will need a support group once the tour is over!
    Cheryl, have a great time on Tuesday at the show (I hope I have remembered the right date):)

Although traditional music is better suited to the Paso, I actually liked HLTW and thought the routine, etc was great.
    Have a brilliant time at the show Cheryl.:)
    BIB I agree, but imagine unwrapping the man himself.:o:o;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Happy belated Birthday Pashulty, hope you have had a great day, some lovely Pasha gifts for you from Shona, Callie, Teamkashax, Lady A and some scarfcam goodies courtesy of Susie, what more does a girl need other than the man himself wrapped up?

Thanks to Susie and music girl for their reports of the night, scarfcam has to be one of the greatest ideas ever, back in March the shirtless Paso did not happen so it has been great to see it, what a treat, thanks Susie for filming for us all to share. The Camberley picture of Pash you posted for Pashulty in the black shirt is just too hot for words........

Cheryl, have a great time on Tuesday at the show (I hope I have remembered the right date)

Thanks emma... :)
    Indeed.. lots of lovely Pasha gifts from everone here...Thanks again... :)
    BIB...Now that would be a gift to unwrap...mmm...ooo...laaaa..... :o:o
    Reading!!!...:eek:... Will be on my best behaviour...(fingers crossed ....eek...eek)
    Pasha and Katya have truly done us proud... :)
    My therapy is booked post July 6... :o
    Yes...cheryl enjoy every Pashafied moment tomorrow to a fully sold out show...Kasha are recharging today on their day off just for you... :)... But remember...Behave..;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks to Susie and music girl for their reports of the night, scarfcam has to be one of the greatest ideas ever, back in March the shirtless Paso did not happen so it has been great to see it, what a treat, thanks Susie for filming for us all to share. The Camberley picture of Pash you posted for Pashulty in the black shirt is just too hot for words.......

Yep support group will be required once the tour is over :cry:

.......but still 12 shows to go plus Harrogate Dance Festival, the cruise and Blackpool so still lots of pics and reports to look forward to :)

Enjoy the show tomorrow Cheryl :)
    Pashulty wrote: »
    Thanks emma... :)
    Indeed.. lots of lovely Pasha gifts from everone here...Thanks again...
    BIB...Now that would be a gift to unwrap...mmm...ooo...laaaa.....
    Reading!!!...:... Will be on my best behaviour...(fingers crossed ...
    Pasha and Katya have truly done us proud... :)
    My therapy is booked post July 6...
    Yes...cheryl enjoy every Pashafied moment tomorrow to a fully sold out show...Kasha are recharging today on their day off just for you... ... But remember...Behave..;)

BIB.....they certainly have Pashulty and hope they are enjoying a relaxing day off today. This time next week it's the first date of the Irish leg of the tour....get ready GG :cool:
  • Options
    cheryl_quinneycheryl_quinney Posts: 3,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG, that tour date has come round quick! Mmmm, time for my own bit of Pasha loving :-) after trawling through everbody else's posts about the Kovalev...jealous much? Aye!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OMG, that tour date has come round quick! Mmmm, time for my own bit of Pasha loving :-) after trawling through everbody else's posts about the Kovalev...jealous much? Aye!

Now behave yourself cheryl and enjoy!!!

I would say dont do anything that I wouldnt do but as has been pointed out previously that would not leave much for you not to be able to do... :o:o

Just enjoy every Pashafied moment!!!! ... :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone. I haven't posted on here for quite a while but have really enjoyed all your photos, links and reports. Thank you all so much.

Yup....Blackpool.... bring it on!!!!...Saving grace for Pasha no meet and greet there...but is he safe??

Pashulty you're in for a fantastic time at Blackpool. I went last year and posted a report on here. It was in early June and I presume is still there if you scroll back. No saving grace for Pasha I'm afraid as there was a meet and greet when they'd finished dancing. The whole show was much more 'intimate' than their tour shows even though the Tower Ballroom is huge. We sat in the lower balcony where you are just a few feet above the dancefloor. You're so much closer to the gorgeousness than on the tour. In between the dances (they did 5) there was the Kovalev stand-up routine when Katya disappeared for ages to change costumes - hilarious and very, very brave of him! The dancing was amazing as they had the space to let rip on the huge dancefloor. An unmissable evening and definitely another chance for a Pasha hug! :D:D
  • Options
    music girlmusic girl Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have a great evening Cheryl - you had to wait such a long time for the tour to reach Solihull! :)

Who is going to the Reading show? Susie, Callie, Pashulty?
    Anyone going to the Harrogate weekend?

And Susie, are you definitely going on the cruise? Would love to see Pasha and Katya's faces when they see you on the ship ;);)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone. I haven't posted on here for quite a while but have really enjoyed all your photos, links and reports. Thank you all so much.

Pashulty you're in for a fantastic time at Blackpool. I went last year and posted a report on here. It was in early June and I presume is still there if you scroll back. No saving grace for Pasha I'm afraid as there was a meet and greet when they'd finished dancing. The whole show was much more 'intimate' than their tour shows even though the Tower Ballroom is huge. We sat in the lower balcony where you are just a few feet above the dancefloor. You're so much closer to the gorgeousness than on the tour. In between the dances (they did 5) there was the Kovalev stand-up routine when Katya disappeared for ages to change costumes - hilarious and very, very brave of him! The dancing was amazing as they had the space to let rip on the huge dancefloor. An unmissable evening and definitely another chance for a Pasha hug! :D

Welcome back Cartimandua...:)

I had completely forgotten about that review... constant Pasha haze is my excuse... :o:o.... Thanks very much for that lovely review last year which I have just had a read of again.... :).. was lurking at that time... :D

ooo... I am soooo excited... :eek:... Pasha dear...you are safe no more... ha ha ha ha... *evil laugh* ...not really... will give him a sweet Pashulty hug...;)... we have got floorside seats... hope we get a good view... :eek:... Cant dance to save my life... lol..

Thanks for joining in again and glad you still like to visit the thread... well Pasha is gorgeous...whats not to like..lol... Please post more often.. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    music girl wrote: »
    Have a great evening Cheryl - you had to wait such a long time for the tour to reach Solihull! :)

Who is going to the Reading show? Susie, Callie, Pashulty?
    Anyone going to the Harrogate weekend?

And Susie, are you definitely going on the cruise? Would love to see Pasha and Katya's faces when they see you on the ship ;);)

Susie and myself as far as I know for Reading.... :)

Havent found anyone for Harrogate weekend... :(

But going to Blackpool the weekend after... :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cartimandua ...I was already very excited about Blackpool... But you have made me a lot more excited now... :eek::eek:

callie and myself... :D:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfPg5LjGYz8
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Pashulty you're in for a fantastic time at Blackpool. I went last year and posted a report on here. It was in early June and I presume is still there if you scroll back. No saving grace for Pasha I'm afraid as there was a meet and greet when they'd finished dancing. The whole show was much more 'intimate' than their tour shows even though the Tower Ballroom is huge. We sat in the lower balcony where you are just a few feet above the dancefloor. You're so much closer to the gorgeousness than on the tour. In between the dances (they did 5) there was the Kovalev stand-up routine when Katya disappeared for ages to change costumes - hilarious and very, very brave of him! The dancing was amazing as they had the space to let rip on the huge dancefloor. An unmissable evening and definitely another chance for a Pasha hug! :D:D

Thank you so much for this Cartimandua :).....I shall go back and read your post from last year. So there is a meet and greet at Blackpool......and a Kovalev stand up routine as well :D It sounds even better than I could of even imagined. Cannot wait. Thanks again :)
    Welcome back Cartimandua...

I had completely forgotten about that review... constant Pasha haze is my excuse... .... Thanks very much for that lovely review last year which I have just had a read of again.... .. was lurking at that time...

ooo... I am soooo excited... :... Pasha dear...you are safe no more... ha ha ha ha... *evil laugh* ...not really... will give him a sweet Pashulty hug...... we have got floorside seats... hope we get a good view... :... Cant dance to save my life... lol..

Thanks for joining in again and glad you still like the thread... well Pasha is gorgeous...whats not to like..lol... Please post more often.. :)

BIB....evil laugh indeed :cool: :D......I mean......sweet Pashulty and Callie hugs ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    You'll have a great view floorside as you'll practically be able to get up and join them. Pash may even come over for a smooch as he did with one woman who looked like she needed emergency medical treatment afterwards she was so overcome! The whole evening is very laid back with no restrictions on taking photos. Most people had gone along to dance and that was really great to watch as well and made me wish I'd not got two left feet. Pasha admitted that he'd had a sneaky look when people were dancing and was impressed with the standard :D. Two little girls danced every dance together and Pasha and Katya spent a long time chatting with them afterwards. The girls looked absolutely thrilled.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You'll have a great view floorside as you'll practically be able to get up and join them. Pash may even come over for a smooch as he did with one woman who looked like she needed emergency medical treatment afterwards she was so overcome! The whole evening is very laid back with no restrictions on taking photos. Most people had gone along to dance and that was really great to watch as well and made me wish I'd not got two left feet. Pasha admitted that he'd had a sneaky look when people were dancing and was impressed with the standard :D. Two little girls danced every dance together and Pasha and Katya spent a long time chatting with them afterwards. The girls looked absolutely thrilled.

:eek::eek:... Thank you for the extra info...:eek::eek:... Sending you loads of virtual hugs and kisses... :D

I have two left feet as well... Is a month and a half enough time to get some lessons in though?:rolleyes:... unlikely..:o...but was worth a thought...lol... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cartimandua ...I was already very excited about Blackpool... But you have made me a lot more excited now... :eek::eek:

callie and myself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfPg5LjGYz8

Love it Pashulty....we will have to practice the moves before Blackpool :D

BIB....Oh my word :eek:....really :eek:. ....must work on my 'needing emergency medical treatment' look :o

Thank you Cartimandua....you have made my Monday night :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    callicot wrote: »
    Love it Pashulty....we will have to practice the moves before Blackpool :D

BIB....Oh my word :eek:....really :eek:. ....must work on my 'needing emergency medical treatment' look :o

Thank you Cartimandua....you have made my Monday night :D

ooo...yeah.... I think I will be able to perfect that dance before then...just about... :D:D

BIB....ahem... dont want to elaborate too much but dont think that will work here...;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Apparently two more weeks till I can get my hands on the DVD of 'A little less strictly'...:eek::eek:... Cant wait....excited.com.. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Apparently two more weeks till I can get my hands on the DVD of 'A little less strictly'...:eek::eek:... Cant wait....excited.com.. :D

Hi Cartimandua thanks for the info. re Blackpool - Pashulty and Callie will be even more excited now.:D
    As for the "woman who looked like she needed emergency medical treatment":p it's the Kovalev effect.:o:D
    BIB Pashulty please tell us all about the DVD when it arrives.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BTW... For anyone who hasnt yet managed to get hold of Cartimandua's brilliant three part review of the Blackpool extravaganza from last year...here it is... :)

Thank you again Cartminadua for the amazing review which still puts a smile to our faces a year on.... :)
    Blackpool Tower Ballroom 2/6/12

Here it is at last – the report on the Tower Ballroom show. I've so much to say that I've decided to split it into 3 posts: the dances, the bit between dances and the meet & greet.
    So first the dances...
    The tower ballroom looked magnificent and my friends and I got excellent seats halfway along the lower balcony with a fantastic view just above the dance floor. Most people had come ready to dance and sat at tables and chairs around the dance floor. The evening was compered by a guy from Preston who was something to do with the Fever formation dance troupe (imagine a taller, dark haired version of Peter Kaye and you get some idea of what he was like).
    The evening started with general dancing – waltzes, cha cha, sequence rumba. There were people of all ages from two little girls aged about 12 and 8 who danced every dance together to two old dears who looked as if they were in their eighties. It made me really wish that I could dance as they all looked as if they were having a great time.
    After about half an hour the compere announced Darren and Lilia. They were on for about 45 minutes and danced 5 dances. I especially liked their Viennese waltz.
    This was followed by a 'Top Gun' themed routine by the Fever dance troupe and then finally Pasha and Katya.
    The compere had previously had us cheering in turn for each of the professionals at the beginning of the evening – Pasha definitely got the biggest cheer! Now he started again, asking us if we were ready to see Pasha. Cue big cheer from everyone and then Pasha appeared on the stage dressed in his pinstripe suit. Foxtrot music started and he descended from the stage onto the dance floor and glided over to a woman sitting at a table and kissed her hand. He then danced across the floor to another woman sitting at a table. She stood up and I thought she was going to faint when he did the same thing to her. Meanwhile, Katya had appeared on stage dressed in the lovely mint green dress that she wore on their tour and which she'd told us had been recycled from Nancy's Strictly waltz dress! I know I'm biased but to me their charisma and the connection between them both absolutely shone out. I'd really enjoyed their dancing on their tour but to see them letting rip at such close quarters on this huge dance floor was something else. Next dances were the salsa and the Whitney Houston rumba they also did on the tour. For the salsa Pasha wore black trousers and vest and also did his epic Strictly cha cha knee slide at the end as he begged Katya not to walk away from him Pash wore a black, open shirt for the rumba and Katya a lovely white pleated floaty thing. Next was the fab paso doble they did on tour with the Pasha cloak action and following this, a Viennese waltz which senility prevents me from remembering whether they did this on the tour or not. It was amazing and beautiful. Pasha wore grey trousers and waistcoat (like he did for the Strictly American Smooth) with a pink shirt and black tie. Katya wore a gorgeous pink dress with a sequined bodice and feathery, floaty skirt. Their last dance was a new jive and omg it was amazing! Katya was the teacher and Pasha the truculent pupil who was about to take an exam. He sat back to front on a chair looking grumpy, wearing black trousers and a black shirt with white lapels, slashed to the waist. Katya appeared wearing a black and white striped dress, horn-rimmed glasses and her hair in a bun She was carrying a clipboard with a card saying 'EXAM' on it. Pasha danced around her and she put down the card, threw away her glasses and shook out her hair – then off they danced. It was absolutely amazing – fast, cheeky, energetic, reminiscent of the one they did to Caro Emerald on Strictly. They ended up back on the chair with Katya on his knee holding up the clipboard which now showed an A+ grade .
    After their dances there was another routine from the Fever troupe and then the rest of the evening was more dancing for the punters during which Darren/Lilia followed by Katya and Pash came out for people to meet them and have photos taken with the like on the tour.
    It was a fantastic evening and even more 'intimate' than seeing them on the tour. Katya and Pasha were in their element and they both looked incredibly happy and
    FAB U LOUS!!.
    Between the dances

Between each dance, Katya and Pasha disappeared in turn to change costume. While one was changing, the other remained on the dance floor and chatted to the audience using a hand-held microphone. As Katya frequently seemed to take ages to change, this left Pasha delivering improvised monologues which left me in awe of his talents! How he had the courage to do this I do not know, but do it he did and he was brilliant! Katya was also confident and funny – generally dismissing Pasha's opinions with the line “take no notice of him, he's from Siberia!”
    The main nuggets from all this are as follows:

Katya is getting married in 4 weeks in France and Pasha has been trying to choose a present from the wedding list.

Both of them said how much they enjoyed their new partnership and the tour they'd just done. Pasha said one of the best things about touring the UK was encountering all the different accents eg Cardiff and Scotland. This had been quite challenging for someone who had learned English as a second language but none had been as difficult to understand as Chelsee Healey's! However, he said he now loved the Mancunian accent.

Pasha said that he'd been very daunted at the prospect of being the only new professional on Strictly last year. He was very nervous when he first arrived but everyone had been extremely friendly and he was made to feel part of the Strictly family straight away – awwww

He also said that one of the best things about being on Strictly was being able to tell a little story in a dance, rather than just doing the prescribed dance moves, and he loves doing this. He then went on to explain the theme of their new jive as described in previous post.

After their Viennese waltz, Pasha's tie had come untucked from inside his waistcoat and this led him on to the subject of wardrobe malfunctions. He said this was an occupational hazard of live performances and something they just had to learn to cope with. On the subject of Chelsee's tango dress he said he'd noticed the ribbon had come loose but could see the dress was fine. However he could see that Chelsee thought it was slipping off. He remembered a book he had read on hypnotism and so fixed her with an unblinking stare, willing her to carry on and finish the dance!!

He absolutely loved doing the underwater dancing for Sport Relief and learning how to scuba dive.

He mentioned that he loves books and visits galleries and museums whenever he can manage it. I didn't think he could rise any higher in my estimation at this point until......

...he said that he and Katya never, ever argue and that when they first paired up on Strictly he told her straight away “I'm not a fighter”. He then said to us all, accompanied by a cheeky grin, “I'm a lover”!!!
    Meet and greet

A table was set up at the back of the dance floor for Pasha & Katya to sign autographs etc. This was lovely and informal and not quite as much of a crush as on their tour. I told them I'd been to see them on tour and they both looked genuinely touched that I'd come to see them again I gave Katya my best wishes for her wedding and then she started talking to the next person in the queue. I then grabbed the opportunity to speak to Pasha on his own and asked him if he'd heard about Strictly yet. He shook his head and made a face which could either be read as “no not yet” or “yes, but I'm not saying!” I asked if he was staying in the UK over the summer. He said they were going on the P&O cruise next (which is where they are now) and then there is Katya's wedding and that he'd be remaining in Europe. At this point I just wanted to kidnap him before he disappears again so I could thoroughly interrogate him on his past life, the universe and everything (or at least when they'd found time to wash their underwear on the tour!) However, instead, I wished him all the best and walked away with my dignity reasonably intact!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its so silly how even a blurred pic makes me so happy... :o:o:)

Thanks OP... :)

https://twitter.com/stace964/status/336909210019299328/photo/1
This discussion has been closed.