Stephen Fry Engaged

Comments

• Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like a lot of the weddings on celebrity pages it does not have 'long term' written all over it but as with anyone who gets married - good luck and happiness.
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    I really hate being proved wrong, but I genuinely hope I am on this one....

get really bad vibes about that young boy :blush:
  • EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,024
    Forum Member
    Was rather quick, Good Luck to them. ;-)
  • toofasttoofast Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish Stephen the best, but jeeze it just looks odd.
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    toofast wrote: »
    I wish Stephen the best, but jeeze it just looks odd.

Stephen looks and dresses older than his age in my view. My 86 year old Dad wouldn't wear those clothes. He'd say they were old mens clothes LOL To him what his parents generation wore. I do think that is part of the 'look' issue that gets mentioned.
  • BalthusBalthus Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    di60 wrote: »

Young boy, lol? At 27 he is a fully grown man.
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My goodness, some of the comments on nydailynews.com

No gay couple was married today or will be married tomorrow. In order for a marriage to be a marriage, it has to be recognized by God as a marriage. Since God originated and defined marriage as a covenant relationship between a man and a woman, anything other than that is not a marriage, no matter what the state calls it.

All this same sex couple did today was to have an empty, meaningless ceremony that was a complete waste of time. When these people meet their maker, they will find out they were never married. Fear God and seek His forgiveness, through Christ Jesus, which Saves the soul!

Or
    Ugh!!! Disgusting on several levels! 1. Gayness (an abomination before God) 2. A 57 year old man marrying a 27 year old = 30 YEARS difference...Absurd, even for a straight couple. 3. He looks like a predator when he looks at that KID, who looks a helluva LOT younger than 27!!

OMG!! When will this madness END!!!!!

:eek:

Those are a just the printable ones!!!

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/stephen-fry-57-marries-fiance-elliott-spencer-27-article-1.2082498
  • daveyfsdaveyfs Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    di60 wrote: »

He doesn't exactly look ecstatic about the whole thing does he?

http://twitter.com/stephenfry/status/556496533848596480/photo/1
  • daveyfsdaveyfs Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Or

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/stephen-fry-57-marries-fiance-elliott-spencer-27-article-1.2082498

Thick god bothering merkins...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "We went in as two people and came out as one"

Or rather, Elliott came out richer than he was the day before. Nice work, young man.
  • flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As the saying goes, 'There's no fool, like an old fool'
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think what fun they will have together, they make a lovely couple :D
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope he's not doing this during on of hi bipolar 'highs' 'cause it is, indeed, a bit quick but good luck to them both.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daveyfs wrote: »
    Thick god bothering merkins...

Who haven't actually read the Bible - because if they did they would find that the quotes on marriage are a reflection of society attitudes and talk about slavery, polygamy and marrying your brothers widow all which we have abandoned because it no longer fits with our culture.
  • knickerlesscageknickerlesscage Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their wedding photo looks like a teacher posing with the sixth form head boy for an article in the local paper about his fantastic a-level results.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Or

Well, as any non-loon will tell you, the concept of marriage per se wasn't invented by Christianity. 'Unions of bethrothal' aka, forms of marriage, have been around a lot longer in history. Anyway, are they American commenters because this is England. They can get back to me when they allow all their equal taxpayers equal rights as citizens.:kitty:

The only other point I can make is that the people writing these sorts of things are just as likely to comment, then cheat and or be cheated on, or be committing unbiblical naughties behind closed doors, or putting their own children through misery.

It's standard fayre for sections of humanity to go completely OTT busybodying about someone elses affairs and bringing gods into it to back their view up.

It doesn't matter what they look like, or if Spencer smiles or not. Andy Murray doesn't smile but Kim sticks around. It's really their business as consenting adults.
  • galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Hope he's not doing this during on of hi bipolar 'highs' 'cause it is, indeed, a bit quick but good luck to them both.

Given they've only known each a short time, it's entirely possible that Elliot has no idea what Stephen is like when he is in a 'down' phase. A car crash waiting to happen ...
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Or

the entire God Squad Ramblings are just boring now.
    Does the bible cover Celeb Culture the straight people who get married and 3 days later apply for a divorce. Or the ones who get married and messing around with other people entering this "sacred pact" already with no intention of bothering with what it really means.

I just wish them luck and really hope it works and been done for the right reasons
    God knows the world is so bloody miserable any happiness is a good thing.
  • toofasttoofast Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their wedding photo looks like a teacher posing with the sixth form head boy for an article in the local paper about his fantastic a-level results.

I worry for SF. He look's rather portly and red faced these days. After loosing all that weight and looking really healthy, he now looks bigger than ever.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D:D:D
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It just SO does!! :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »
    Please search my username and Fry, it should come up. I've posted the evidence lots of times over the years.

It seems rather arrogant and self-absorbed to order people to search through old threads to find further examples of your deathless prose. If you have anything to say, you could just make the effort to say it. And I can confirm that if any masochist does go to the trouble of looking for elnombres previous posts on Stephen Fry, the first thing they will find, from December, is elnombre ordering people to look back through previous posts for the real deal on Stephen Fry.

Who can be arsed? elnombre clearly detests Stephen Fry. I have laboriously unearthed one post, and it gave me no inclination to look for more:
    Originally posted by elnombre
    Stephen Fry is the definition of attention seeking and disrespectful (remember his comments about women last year?) He seems to thrive on a combo of blind hero-worship and self-pity - see also his frequent Twitter strops, including one occasion where he spat his dummy out and left because one man dared to call him 'boring'. Of course, he returned when his fans all begged him for long enough - only to piss off in another strop a few months later - and return when...well, you get the picture.

Plenty of people have bi-polar disorder and deal with it without feeling the need for these kind of shameless public ego stoking appeals.

No doubt he'll be hoping for a chorus of "Oh please Stephen, no! Don't make us live in a world without your pigheaded superiority and oh-so chucklesome bon mots". And no doubt he'll get it too.

A pathetic, self-obsessed child of a man.

Not really worth hunting for, was it? Stephen Fry's apology for the alleged 'women don't like sex' comment, on the other hand, is rather charming and amusing:

http://www.stephenfry.com/2010/11/04/silliness/
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    It just SO does!! :D:D

Well yes it really does. None of us can see the real depth of this relationship, as a member of the public, simply reading this press, I don't buy it. :confused:

Perhaps they'll convince the world in time, who knows.
  • galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member

Yes that thought occurred to me that they look like teacher and pupil, still having read his play 'Tobacco and Boys' I think that would be a bit of a turn on for Stephen rather than anything else :o
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's getting really boring now and I think Fry should stop tweeting pictures of him and his husband. they're showing off cutting the cake now.