Options

Labour said no negative politics - say one thing do something else?

MariesamMariesam Posts: 3,797
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Appears a prospective Labour candidate has been doing everything in his power to smear and be sexist against a rival, and the Labour Party seems to have been doing very little if anything about it. Two letters to Ed Miliband and no reply......I am sure there will be examples from all parties, but Milibands no negative campaigning seems to have hit the buffers already.

Last week, Mr Clarke - a former teacher and university lecturer - emailed Ms Patel to say: "I would like to apologise to you for any offence caused and assure you that any inaccuracies will not be repeated."

A Labour Party spokesman said: "The candidate has apologised for any offence caused and we are satisfied that any inaccuracies will not be repeated."

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/prospective-labour-mp-apologises-for-calling-priti-patel-village-idiot-and-sexy-bond-villain/ar-AA9VXnW?ocid=iehp

Comments

• Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As far as I can see we have had nothing but negative campaigning. I expect it to continue, sadly.
  • Options
    MariesamMariesam Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The inaccurate statements the candidate made in the leaflet is probably the most serious....if nothing is done it means you can print anything about anybody and as long as you apologise to the person it makes it all alright.....well too late to take the information back from the public who now have a perception which is plainly wrong.....and that certainly isn't democratic or right and should have no place in politics today whoever does it......