Options

Time for a Eurovision forum?

SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
Forum Member
✭✭
What with the Eurovision thread itself being pretty massive now and being replaced on a regular basis isn't it time for a Eurovision forum on here? It would make it much easier to search for information and for people to start their own contests.

Do you want a Eurovision forum? 109 votes

Yes
53%
Dan100[Deleted User]AcerBenGeegjwire1977DisnaeCulvainPosh BlokeAlex482[Deleted User]linkinpark875[Deleted User]THOMOSaturnChisato Geestezx50most_hauntedSalford_Whodave782RockSchool 58 votes
No
41%
domeTumble weedFizzbintiger2000ScottishWoody[Deleted User]GorkygottagoMuttley76WallllllalawwaafleetSteUKdavidseven*Eileen*AlbacomPeter30John DoughShrikeTMLS313[Deleted User] 45 votes
Maybe!
5%
uzzybuzzy[Deleted User][Deleted User]NightFox_DancerJohnnyForgetSuzy07 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I'm not quite sure where it should go if there is one. Possibly in reality tv or a subforum of music.
  • Options
    big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Definitely!
  • Options
    Gambit_is_aceGambit_is_ace Posts: 9,458
    Forum Member
    Yes
    i don't see what the harm is in having one, so yes :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No, definitely not.

I think one cohesive thread, which covers all the Eurovision news is much better than a seperate sub-forum with new threads popping up every day, that a lot of people won't bother to read. We would lose a lot of the conversation that goes on, and the result would be a pretty empty forum. Particuarly from June to December.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    marrakech wrote: »
    No, definitely not.

I think one cohesive thread, which covers all the Eurovision news is much better than a seperate sub-forum with new threads popping up every day, that a lot of people won't bother to read. We would lose a lot of the conversation that goes on, and the result would be a pretty empty forum. Particuarly from June to December.

I don't agree purely on the basis that most of the current thread is full of various votes and competitions that not everyone has an interest in. Sometimes you have to scan through a good few pages of vote results before you get to anything actually to do with Eurovision. Personally i'd post far more if the discussions were more focussed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Saturn wrote: »
    I don't agree purely on the basis that most of the current thread is full of various votes and competitions that not everyone has an interest in. Sometimes you have to scan through a good few pages of vote results before you get to anything actually to do with Eurovision. Personally i'd post far more if the discussions were more focussed.

Our competitions have been running since the end of the last contest and will soon be winding down in preparation for the NF season starting up again. During this time, there has hardly been any news to report, as is always the way with the off-season.

A separate forum might be easier for people who don't post and just log on to find the information they need and then leave. But for those of us who post reguarly, it would be a annoying having to visit every thread and post reactions separately.
  • Options
    ShadyNathanShadyNathan Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No

There isn't much to discuss during the off season though is there. And wanting a whole eurovision sub forum because you don't want to have to scan through a couple of pages of our competition talk is not a valid reason to open a sub forum.

If you would prefer the discussions to be more focussed, why not start a discussion. Until you do you can't complain that we are not discussing what you want to discuss.
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I voted yes, but this only applies if it is not in the entertainment forums... for obvious reasons :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    There isn't much to discuss during the off season though is there. And wanting a whole eurovision sub forum because you don't want to have to scan through a couple of pages of our competition talk is not a valid reason to open a sub forum.

If you would prefer the discussions to be more focussed, why not start a discussion. Until you do you can't complain that we are not discussing what you want to discuss.

Not valid for you maybe. Valid for me. I have every right to open a poll though and you have every right to vote no.

If I did that then i'd be directed to the DS Eurovision thread :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Not valid for you maybe. Valid for me. I have every right to open a poll though and you have every right to vote no.

If I did that then i'd be directed to the DS Eurovision thread :D

I wasn't questionning your right to open a poll if you read my post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I wasn't questionning your right to open a poll if you read my post.

You're questioning my right to complain which is one and the same thing. I don't want to tell you what to discuss I would just prefer a forum as I think it allows for more indepth discussion across a variety of topics.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Our competitions have been running since the end of the last contest and will soon be winding down in preparation for the NF season starting up again. During this time, there has hardly been any news to report, as is always the way with the off-season.

A separate forum might be easier for people who don't post and just log on to find the information they need and then leave. But for those of us who post reguarly, it would be a annoying having to visit every thread and post reactions separately.

There would be nothing to stop more informal discussions within a forum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    You're questioning my right to complain which is one and the same thing. I don't want to tell you what to discuss I would just prefer a forum as I think it allows for more indepth discussion across a variety of topics.

Again no... I am not questionning your right to complain. :rolleyes:

I am merely arguing my belief that we should not have a Eurovision sub forum. Nobody is taking away your rights or questionning them lol!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Again no... I am not questionning your right to complain. :rolleyes:

I am merely arguing my belief that we should not have a Eurovision sub forum. Nobody is taking away your rights or questionning them lol!

And wanting a whole eurovision sub forum because you don't want to have to scan through a couple of pages of our competition talk is not a valid reason to open a sub forum.

You're arguing my reasoning is invalid. I'm telling you that in my view my reasoning is perfectly valid. It's far more than a couple of pages and I do find it irritating which is why i've opened this poll in the hope that a forum could be opened where I wouldn't find it as irritating :D Judging by the results so far I am not alone in wanting a forum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    And wanting a whole eurovision sub forum because you don't want to have to scan through a couple of pages of our competition talk is not a valid reason to open a sub forum.

You're arguing my reasoning is invalid. I'm telling you that in my view my reasoning is perfectly valid. It's far more than a couple of pages and I do find it irritating which is why i've opened this poll in the hope that a forum could be opened where I wouldn't find it as irritating :D Judging by the results so far I am not alone in wanting a forum.

Yes, I understand your reasons for you wanting a sub forum from your original post. I am giving an opposite arguement, which you are arguing is invalid. This is what we call a debate, no rights have been infinged lol! I feel I have made my opinion clear and will watch the results of your poll with great interest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, I understand your reasons for you wanting a sub forum from your original post. I am giving an opposite arguement. I feel I have done this and will watch the results of your poll with great interest.

Out of interest what do you do when you want to go back to old discussions or competitions on the thread?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, I understand your reasons for you wanting a sub forum from your original post. I am giving an opposite arguement, which you are arguing is invalid. This is what we call a debate, no rights have been infinged lol! I feel I have made my opinion clear and will watch the results of your poll with great interest.

I don't think writing someone's opinion off as invalid can be considered good debating.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Out of interest what do you do when you want to go back to old discussions or competitions on the thread?

With competitions... I speak to Queen of keeping records Anne :) And I can't say I've ever wanted to go back to old discussion because I have already read them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    The vast majority of people who bother to post on the Eurovision Thread won't want a separate forum. We discuss Eurovision every single day and almost every aspect is discussed. I don't see why would should have to change our posting habits because it's more convenient for those who don't bother to post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I don't think writing someone's opinion off as invalid can be considered good debating.

Oh my days!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I dont read the eurovision thread however i voted no. It sets a precedent that all threads that are huge need their own subforum and quite frankly deal or no deal does not need its own subforum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    skalr wrote: »
    I dont read the eurovision thread however i voted no. It sets a precedent that all threads that are huge need their own subforum and quite frankly deal or no deal does not need its own subforum.

Good point. I think the beauty in the DS forums lies in it's simplicity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    The vast majority of people who bother to post on the Eurovision Thread won't want a separate forum. We discuss Eurovision every single day and almost every aspect is discussed. I don't see why would should have to change our posting habits because it's more convenient for those who don't bother to post.

There'd be nothing to stop you posting the same thread in a Eurovision forum :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Good point. I think the beauty in the DS forums lies in it's simplicity.

Why not scrap a few of the forums and have them as single thread then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Why not scrap a few of the forums and have them as single thread then?

Well that wouldn't make you very happy would it?

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
This discussion has been closed.