• Options
    CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sensoria wrote: »
    Show me some?

Well, I could simply refer you to
    the obvious bais that seeps out of every single one of your posts on the subject.

but I'll also refer you to the times when you said
    I am labour
    I am a Labourite.

You have just as much bias as people who define themselves as Tory supporters. Most people have a bias one way or the other. To accuse others of being biased while possessing your own bias is hypocritical. Yay, people on political forums have a bias. This just in: bears shit in woods.
  • Options
    sensoriasensoria Posts: 4,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Casual wrote: »
    Well, I could simply refer you to

but I'll also refer you to the times when you said

You have just as much bias as people who define themselves as Tory supporters. Most people have a bias one way or the other. To accuse others of being biased while possessing your own bias is hypocritical. Yay, people on political forums have a bias. This just in: bears shit in woods.

And for those two posts I could probably find you ten in which I am critical of Labour.

So I am not a hypocite buit glad you had to scour a while and that was all you could come up with.
  • Options
    rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you need to just calm down a little. If you believe that is what you saw then I am sure you can justify it.

Forget me, my heart rate and my bias. I'm not the one making speeches and looking for votes. Ed is.

What's your interpretation of said moment if mine's so totally wrong?
  • Options
    CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And for those two posts I could probably find you ten in which I am critical of Labour.

So I am not a hypocite buit glad you had to scour a while and that was all you could come up with.

LOL :D Come on, please don't use bias as something to bash others with when you clearly exhibit it yourself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »
    They'd be idiots then, wouldn't they?

If you seriously believe Miliband's speech as assured Labour of victory at the next election, then you are sadly deluded. Initial reaction was absurdly over the top, and he's got carried away.

When properly scrutinised, he has no substance whatsoever.

Well, this article certainly was.....http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/oct/02/ed-miliband-one-nation-genius?newsfeed=true

However most of the OTT reaction is confined to the Guardian and the Independent. The most cyncial reaction to Miliband's speech is in the most read paper in the country.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/sun_says/article4508014.ece
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    This thread is like some sort of group therapy for Tories. If they all huddle together and say that Milliband is hopeless, it will prove that he really is and they can go back to dreaming about Ed v David splits in the Labour Party and how Ed will be such a gift to Cameron at the leaders debates at the next election.

Yeh I'm sure they are so, so scared of that ever so powerful 5-10 point lead Labour currently have during a time when the government are pretty much in the gutter! :o

Not to mention the 'privileged' Labour leader's amazing approval ratings. :D

Labour will be lucky if they even gain seats at the next election the way things are going. :cry:

Looking forward to 2015.... :cool:
  • Options
    glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, this article certainly was.....http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/oct/02/ed-miliband-one-nation-genius?newsfeed=true

However most of the OTT reaction is confined to the Guardian and the Independent. The most cyncial reaction to Miliband's speech is in the most read paper in the country.

:yawn: who needed to read any of the papers to know exactly what the reaction of each of them would be :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Shorter clip :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eK6KDc9X57w

Just look at how quickly the gormless mask slips......reminds me of the Prime Mentalist Gordon Brown :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :yawn: who needed to read any of the papers to know exactly what the reaction of each of them would be :D

Well, we told by all the commentators yesterday Miliband himself recieved widespread acclaim. The way some were going on about it, you would have thought the negative EdM narrative embedded in the press was gone. The editorals have been an interesting read. The Times, is still sceptical, so are The Sun, and the Mail - with the Telegraph only really breaking that form. The Guardian and the Independent are positive about the speech.

On the video, I'm not surprised; the speech was little on substance to such a degree the word 'deficit' wasn't even said once. Apparently he was a bit flustered on the Today progamme, from what a friend of mine (one of my few politico friends) tells me.
  • Options
    KIIS102KIIS102 Posts: 8,539
    Forum Member

Just look how the gormless mask slips......reminds me of the Prime Mentalist Gordon Brown :D

"Right??? :confused: well what was the question? :D", so stupid but funny. It's like a comedy show
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Harsh but true.:)
  • Options
    rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just look at how quickly the gormless mask slips......reminds me of the Prime Mentalist Gordon Brown :D

Even when caught out the clip demonstrates exactly why you shouldn't keep digging when stuck in a hole.

"I'm not making an issue about David Cameron's background or David Cameron's worth" says Ed.

Course not Ed. That's not why you attempted to associate spurious claims about millionaires tax refunds with Dave writing cheques to himself at all is it !!

:D:D
  • Options
    LandisLandis Posts: 14,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Tories are relaxed (ish) about the polls because they believe that in the poll that matters voters will feel unable to look at Ed Milliband and see Prime Minister.
    So, at any particular time, they tell themselves that they would have 6 months to prepare for the threat of a David Miliband leadership, so why worry too much.
    If Ed starts to look credible it is harder to dismiss the views given to pollsters as just mid-term irritation with the government. I am not saying he can turn it round and I have been critical of him since he was elected.
    But, astonishingly this really is about his image. As Newsnight pointed out, hardly anybody watches conference speech, and I can't magine that many are watching political interviews at 7.49 am.
    If he can grow in confidence maybe his body language on evening news bulletins will look more PM like.

If I were a member of his inner circle I would gently attempt to persuade him to focus (pun intended) on one thing. Why did he appear to spend the whole of Sunday morning's interview gazing at a point in space immediately behind Andrew Marr's head? If he is struggling with contact lenses there are at least 2 possible solutions.
    These details are important. :eek:
  • Options
    AftershowAftershow Posts: 10,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As for answering questions about his worth, I wouldn't answer that either.

Perhaps he shouldn't ask the same question of others then?
  • Options
    sensoriasensoria Posts: 4,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aftershow wrote: »

did he ask how much David Cameron earnt?
  • Options
    guypdguypd Posts: 2,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Milliband wrote:
    He will be receiving a tax cut, as a result of the fall in the top rate of income tax from 50 to 45p, for those earning over £150,000.
    BBC wrote:
    BBC: But he earns £142,000.

Milliband then appears flustered and gabbles a few points out. He is wrong - if the tax cut applies to an income level below yours, you cannot receive that cut.

I don't think this is "right wing hyperbole". He appears to not know the the Prime Minister's salary (a job he's after), and is simply taking people at their word.

He remains a liability for Labour. They say he's "getting better". Fair enough, maybe he is. But he started from an unnecessarily and unacceptably low point. A leader may start out as unknown but workable, and gain stature in time. You should not start out as hopeless, and become only workable after a lengthy period in the job. Labour really botched that leadership thing up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    did he ask how much David Cameron earnt?

I don't know whether he asked, but he seemed quite confident of the answer yesterday.
  • Options
    gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Did Miliband ask how much Cameron was worth ? :confused:

All I heard him say in the clip in the OP was that they(the BBC) will have to ask Cameron what he's worth when they interview him next week and that he had heard from Camerons aides that Cameron would be getting a tax cut.
  • Options
    MajlisMajlis Posts: 31,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FWIW - I seem to remember that Cameron's total income may well be over £150k. As well as his Salary from Parliament he has income from a property he rents in London. Although that income could be mitigated depending on whether any receipts are shared with his wife.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

All I heard him say in the clip in the OP was that they(the BBC) will have to ask Cameron what he's worth when they interview him next week and that he had heard from Camerons aides that Cameron would be getting a tax cut.

If someone makes a claim it's up to them to support it - not try and weasel their way out of it by saying you'll have to ask some other unnamed person.

If he's going to make the financial arrangements and worth of his opponent an issue, he can hardly complain when the same is asked of him.
  • Options
    QofShebaQofSheba Posts: 43,330
    Forum Member
    Casual wrote: »
    Is he actually worth a million in cash terms though? I know he and his missus bought a £1.6 million house not so long ago but she earns a fair whack.

It is difficult to put it in cash terms when it is probably in stocks and share, and land....or a field, as Cameron describes 3000 acres of arable land. But to be fair, his salary as PM may only just be over the threshold. However, his policies are helping all of his family, friends and colleagues. :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1191155/Claims-David-Cameron-30m-fortune-sit-uneasily-taxpayers-So-truth-money.html
  • Options
    jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Considering he wouldn't tell the BBC interviewer how much he is worth I'm at a loss to understand why he thinks Cameron would.

I would have hoped he would make accusations based on more solid information than what he claims he heard from Cameron's aides.
  • Options
    northantsgirlnorthantsgirl Posts: 4,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/sun_says/article4508014.ece[/QUOTE

Ah yes the good old Sun - a Murdoch paper. Bearing in mind Milliband was the first big hitter to come out against the company in the phone hacking matter they are hardly likely to be a supporter. Murdoch papers like backing winners at general elections but now they are stuck with Cameron as Milliband will not be helpful to their interests as PM. Eg divesting of their assets.
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh Lordy Lord!

The Toynbee must have needed a cold shower afterwards! I've never read such a sycophantic pile of drivel in all my life - Guardian readers should feel their intelligence is insulted, but in reality, they want their prejudices stroked just as much as Sun readers.

Very rare occasion, but The Sun's article was more balanced and rational than Polly's fan letter.
  • Options
    gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If someone makes a claim it's up to them to support it - not try and weasel their way out of it by saying you'll have to ask some other unnamed person.

If he's going to make the financial arrangements and worth of his opponent an issue, he can hardly complain when the same is asked of him.

Yes it is, so what exactly was it that Miliband claimed other than he had been led to believe by Camerons aides that Cameron would be getting a tax cut ?