Orange is the New Black - Season 1 (Netflix July 11th)

123457»

Comments

• JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Netflix came to Virgin Media Tivo a couple of weeks ago and I spotted OITNB and decided to give it a go after I'd read an article by Taylor Schilling on the train.

Hubby said he'd try it - I fully expected him to have jumped ship after 10 minutes but we both love it!! I've only got 3 episodes left and I'm torn between rationing them or just having one big great night :D

I love that you go from Crazy Eyes doing the funniest/scariest p**s on the floor to someone giving birth then lurching to an inmate leaving followed by a guard p**sing in the soup!! No boundaries whatsoever and I love that!
  • Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love OITNB. I can't wait to get the DVD. Hopefully it's released soon.

Thought I'd ask (in case anyone may know..)
    Is Pennsatucky actually dead? I know Taryn Manning who plays her has returned for the second season but fans were saying it could be for flashback scenes etc, does anyone know more on that?
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit of a mega bump but I only decided to try this a couple of nights ago and i'm up to episode 4 and already hooked - it's quite brilliant :)
  • 'Oaks Addict'Oaks Addict Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not quite brilliant.... It's very brilliant! Keep going with it, it gets even better!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one I watched last night was the one with the missing screwdriver. How it ended up being used was just perfect for my sense of humour :D
  • Zorah88Zorah88 Posts: 6,668
    Forum Member
    The one I watched last night was the one with the missing screwdriver. How it ended up being used was just perfect for my sense of humour :D

I laughed so hard at that 😀
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally got round to finishing Season 1 tonight. Brilliant stuff. That final scene with Piper in the courtyard .. :o

With The Killing and Continuum to watch, I might leave it a day or two before I get started on Season 2 though, but so glad I got in to this show.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad your a fan Jason

It deffo has to be one of the best shows to have come out in a long time and Season 2 continued to prove my belief of that.
  • Entropy_NebulaEntropy_Nebula Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Checked this out at the weekend.

Binged up to around episode 7, I'm quite liking so far...

I like most things in it, apart from 'Larry', he's just a whiney drip and every scene is him complaining about something. I hope he gets bumped out the picture soon :-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Love this show as well, I watched the first season on my free Netflix trial over a few nights after work and was totally hooked!

I think all the characters are great but I must admit I have a soft spot for Alex Vause, love her character and she is hot!! :-D: blush:

I'm leaving season 2 for a few weeks before I carry out another OITNB Binge :)
  • GrolsGrols Posts: 296,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just got Netflix and watched all 3 series in a week lol. My favourite character is scary eyes :D