Options

Bates Motel on Universal UK

Comments

• Options
    MaccaMacca Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You sure about the 13 episodes? Everything else I've seen says 10 episodes...
    Yep, says 10 on IMDb.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you're right, it's 10 and not 13.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Teaser for Season 3 on Universal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjKuWYRiP-c
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,881
    Forum Member
    I've just seen thew whole first series, a few questions and observations as I don't have time right now to read the thread right now.

Did Norma reveal in one of the episodes or it was revealed that she used to be a prostitute? It was when she was telling Dylan how her husband really died that it seemed to be mentioned in a round about way and her husband couldn't handle it that is how she made them money and he wasn't earning any money at all or couldn't. Did I get that right?

Does Norman really not know when he goes into blackout mode or does he but chooses to go into denial?

Observation, I was kinda hoping they would allow more of the series to continue before showing Norman to be an out and out killer. I'm gutted and angry that the gorgeous teacher Miss Watson was killed off too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You better get through season 2 quick smart before Season 3 starts on Universal next week! :D
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Styker wrote: »
    I've just seen thew whole first series, a few questions and observations as I don't have time right now to read the thread right now.

Did Norma reveal in one of the episodes or it was revealed that she used to be a prostitute? It was when she was telling Dylan how her husband really died that it seemed to be mentioned in a round about way and her husband couldn't handle it that is how she made them money and he wasn't earning any money at all or couldn't. Did I get that right?

Does Norman really not know when he goes into blackout mode or does he but chooses to go into denial?

Observation, I was kinda hoping they would allow more of the series to continue before showing Norman to be an out and out killer. I'm gutted and angry that the gorgeous teacher Miss Watson was killed off too.
    I can't remember that far back but at the moment I don't recall her mentioning about being a prostitute.
    The big reveal about her past was that
    Her brother sexually abused her
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member

It may have been implied, but I didn't pick up on anything and I haven't seen anybody pick up on that, so I'm saying not. Seemed to me that they didn't have that much money, and he was annoyed at her spending it without his consent.

He does not know about what happens during his blackout rages. Hence Norma telling Dylan he's completely innocent in all of the murders...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I can't remember that far back but at the moment I don't recall her mentioning about being a prostitute.
    The big reveal about her past was that
    Her brother sexually abused her

It wasn't mentioned per se but in that flashback scene where Norma was telling Norman about how his dad really died is where her husband seemed to as good as say that she was a prostitute and she came back at him saying something like someone needed to make money and that he couldn't or wouldn't. It could also "explain" why Dylan had Norma listed as "The ****" on his mobile?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    It wasn't mentioned per se but in that flashback scene where Norma was telling Norman about how his dad really died is where her husband seemed to as good as say that she was a prostitute and she came back at him saying something like someone needed to make money and that he couldn't or wouldn't. It could also "explain" why Dylan had Norma listed as "The ****" on his mobile?

I thought calling her "The ****" was more because it's a word they can definitely get away on US TV (anything stronger than that's a bit contentious on commercial TV in the US), but that could make sense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought calling her "The ****" was more because it's a word they can definitely get away on US TV (anything stronger than that's a bit contentious on commercial TV in the US), but that could make sense.

I think it could be the case. Poor Norma seems to have been abused by people her whole life and no ones really looked out for her properly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New season 3 starts tonight at 9pm on Universal. Can't wait.

This ain't no April Fools! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hope they have a recap. Generally don't like them but honestly can't remember how the last series finished :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Any pointers as to what happened in the last episode of the last season?

Did the Sherrif kill Zane?
    What happened to his druglord sister?
    How did Norman escape from the box (the second time)?

As for last night, i'm wondering if the final scene is going to be a double bluff.
    It was sinister and we're probably meant to think that he's killed the girl. No very good alibi though and also with all the forensic evidence.

I wonder if she got to her appointment and said to Norman, be a dear and drive the porsche back to the motel and i'll get a taxi later.
  • Options
    Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any pointers as to what happened in the last episode of the last season?

Did the Sherrif kill Zane?
    What happened to his druglord sister?
    How did Norman escape from the box (the second time)?

http://batesmotel.wikia.com/wiki/The_Immutable_Truth
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Hope they have a recap. Generally don't like them but honestly can't remember how the last series finished :D
    No recap...but as the episode went on, I started to remember what had happened - I think - the uncle who is the Dad, the dead teacher, {wasn't her Dad looking for the killer, last season} now haunting Norman.....Norma & Norman sharing the Bed, is new.:o

Liked the woman, who didn't return:confused:....{from Revolution} - pleased Emma is still around, with her canister and the sheriff, still a law to himself. :cool:
  • Options
    Sally_DandoSally_Dando Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Was disappointed they did'nt do a series re-cap, but got straight back into the weirdness. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Norma is more nutty than Norman this series so far
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Thought the latest ep (6) was fantastic! The whole cast is so strong but Vera Farmiga is in a league of her own. Absolutely superb! Can't wait for the next episode.

I read that the writers are aiming for 5 series. But I've also heard that the ratings are dropping. I hope they make the 5.
  • Options
    Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read that the writers are aiming for 5 series. But I've also heard that the ratings are dropping. I hope they make the 5.

The ratings seem to have stabilised over the past few weeks so I think it's safe. I say A&E will most likely end up giving it the five seasons
  • Options
    MaccaMacca Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought the latest ep (6) was fantastic! The whole cast is so strong but Vera Farmiga is in a league of her own. Absolutely superb! Can't wait for the next episode.

She is just made for the role of Norma, a mesmerising performance in every episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Although... I must say, the hyper ventilating is starting to wear a tad thin. Haha.
  • Options
    marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it, i think it will need a reboot for season 4, like they did with desperate housewives, move it all on 5 years and loads of murders!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    I loved the first two seasons, great show. Was waiting for all episodes of season three to air before watching them all at once but think I'll start with the first 7 tomorrow.

Without any spoilers .. How has this season been so far?
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Mr__T wrote: »
    I loved the first two seasons, great show. Was waiting for all episodes of season three to air before watching them all at once but think I'll start with the first 7 tomorrow.

Without any spoilers .. How has this season been so far?

It was slow but now kicking in. Not many murders though! Up to episode 7 , still loving it. Norman is getting weirder and Vera is fantastic as usual. Wonder if norman will kill his mother like in the movie. Wont be the same without Vera though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    mal2pool wrote: »
    It was slow but now kicking in. Not many murders though! Up to episode 7 , still loving it. Norman is getting weirder and Vera is fantastic as usual. Wonder if norman will kill his mother like in the movie. Wont be the same without Vera though

Thanks. Yeah Vera is superb in it, as is the boy that plays Norman. Can't wait to start it tomorrow.