Was due on the 6th, but arrived today. Totally screwed my plans :D

Hope ta play ya online sometime! :D
  • Options
    KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Hope ta play ya online sometime! :D

I desperately need a GC adapter, I can't get away with using the GamePad, gonna take some getting used to or I'll lose every online fight :blush:
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keviness wrote: »
    I desperately need a GC adapter, I can't get away with using the GamePad, gonna take some getting used to or I'll lose every online fight :blush:

£17 from Amazon iirc! ... May be tempted as I've got 2 or 3 spare GC pads under the bed lol! :D

(I've gone and ordered Zelda, Falcon, Kirby, Yoshi, Luigi & Peach amiibos) :blush:

I've now got 12 of em! :o ... Dam u ta hell nintendo!!!! :cry::( ;-)
  • Options
    KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £17 from Amazon iirc! ... May be tempted as I've got 2 or 3 spare GC pads under the bed lol! :D

(I've gone and ordered Zelda, Falcon, Kirby, Yoshi, Luigi & Peach amiibos) :blush:

I've now got 12 of em! :o ... Dam u ta hell nintendo!!!! :cry::( ;-)

Hahaha I bet your wallet hates you right now. I think I'm gonna give the Amiibo's a miss
  • Options
    DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's annoying that the Link Amiibo has that weird yellow plastic stand.

Anyways I'm enjoying Smash Bros, it looks stunning in HD and such a big roster of characters. It also seems to have Melees more subtle fight mechanics rather than the more simplified one in Brawl on the Wii.

The only problem I have is the one that has always existed with Smash Bros, to REALLY have fun with it you need at least 3 friends into the game and of a decent standard to play multiplayer with. I only have one other friend who meets that criteria (the rest favour online shooters and Fifa)

For me as a single player game Smash is a 7 out of 10 game

With 2-3 players it's an 8 out of 10 game

With 4+ players it's a 10/10 game!
  • Options
    Ben_FisherBen_Fisher Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thoughts on the 3DS version?
  • Options
    samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine is packed away for xmas but is there an adventure mode with cutscenes like in Brawl?

I loved that mode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my pugs musta gotten on the table & has bitten the arms off my donkey kong figure!!! :cry::(

(He was my fave aswell) :( ...

PS! Is there any official storage cases out yet for these bloody things? ;-) ....

(& how about we arrange afew online smash sessions on ere? :cool:)
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    samcains90 wrote: »
    Mine is packed away for xmas but is there an adventure mode with cutscenes like in Brawl?

I loved that mode.

There doesn't seem to be that I can see which is slightly disappointing as I really liked Subspace Emissary on Brawl for Wii.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    There doesn't seem to be that I can see which is slightly disappointing as I really liked Subspace Emissary on Brawl for Wii.

Is there no adventure mode? ... Can't believe there's no Subspace Emissary! :o ... I absolutely loved playing that even more so then the multiplayer! :cry:
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member

Such a shame, that was the best part for me, it was a fangirls dream :D I don't think any game will be able to duplicate the excitement I felt when Sonic first appeared.

My copy of Super Smash is stuck with the Royal Mail, apparently it wouldn't fit through my letter box >:(>:( I've got to wait until Saturday to get it now :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well it seems Smash Bros failed to enter the Top 10 over the weekend which is a bit of a disappointment considering this one of Nintendo's biggest releases of the year.
    It remains to be seen whether it's just poor sales or just couldn't compete with a Black Friday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keviness wrote: »
    Hahaha I bet your wallet hates you right now. I think I'm gonna give the Amiibo's a miss

Just found this article regarding upcoming figures! 👏

I hope some of these characters will be introduced to mario kart 8 via dlc (with their respectable tracks!) 👍

(I've ordered all the remaining six Amiibo due out 19th dec!) 🙈

PS, gonzo what's the (Smash) online like? ... Does it lag like the wii version? 😳
  • Options
    Forum Member
    PS, gonzo what's the (Smash) online like? ... Does it lag like the wii version? 😳
    Dunno, not played online other than spectating a couple of times.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dunno, not played online other than spectating a couple of times.

I'll ave an hour tonight & see for myself! 👍
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I had a go online last night and yes it was a little laggy at times, but nothing significant that spoilt gameplay.
    Actually getting to play in a match online was a bit of a plus point anyway compared to Brawl on Wii as 95% of the time you just ended up in the lobby kicking the hell out of the punchbag for what seemed like an eternity and still not finding anyone else to play against.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a go online last night and yes it was a little laggy at times, but nothing significant that spoilt gameplay.
    Actually getting to play in a match online was a bit of a plus point anyway compared to Brawl on Wii as 95% of the time you just ended up in the lobby kicking the hell out of the punchbag for what seemed like an eternity and still not finding anyone else to play against.

Yep! ... I had an hour last night playing smash online (after I'd done abit Hyrule Warriors) & it wasn't bad! 👍 ... Certainly better then the laggy wii version! 😎👏
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Be warned folks, Smash Bros may have a bug that's causing both game & system breaking error codes.
    So if your concerned about bricking your WiiU before Xmas then it maybe advised not to play Smash until a fix is made available.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Facing Potential Error Code Nightmare - Wii U News @ Nintendo Life
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hmm, yes that is very disappointing.
    Be warned folks, Smash Bros may have a bug that's causing both game & system breaking error codes.
    So if your concerned about bricking your WiiU before Xmas then it maybe advised not to play Smash until a fix is made available.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Facing Potential Error Code Nightmare - Wii U News @ Nintendo Life

Thank goodness mine is packed away. This is definitely NOT good news for Nintendo, nor anyone whose console gets bricked. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, yes that is very disappointing.

Thank goodness mine is packed away. This is definitely NOT good news for Nintendo, nor anyone whose console gets bricked. :(

I'm not playing online anymore (until there's a patch) ... I'll just complete against my Amiibo figures! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not playing online anymore (until there's a patch) ... I'll just complete against my Amiibo figures! :)

I'm not playing at all until there's some official word from Nintendo that it's safe to do so.
    At the moment all we've got is what other users think has caused the issue, myself I don't want to take the risk.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not playing at all until there's some official word from Nintendo that it's safe to do so.
    At the moment all we've got is what other users think has caused the issue, myself I don't want to take the risk.

Good choice.

Thanks for letting us know.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good choice.

Thanks for letting us know.:)

I might just stick with hyrule warrior atm ... Don't wanna lose my NintendoID & downloads for a 2nd time! :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might just stick with hyrule warrior atm ... Don't wanna lose my NintendoID & downloads for a 2nd time! :blush:

Yeah it's not like you can run out of things to do. I still haven't cleared the first adventure map yet despite getting two more from dlc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it's not like you can run out of things to do. I still haven't cleared the first adventure map yet despite getting two more from dlc.

Spent 3 hours doing 2/3 missions last night & absolutely loved it! :D ... I'm really getting into hyrule warriors! :cool:

(Does the dlc actually contain proper storyline based missions?) :blush:

PS, I didn't think much of the spinner weapon unlocked via Link Amiibo figure! :(