Options

Carphone Warehouse and the PAC code

jammersjammers Posts: 4,290
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Trying to get your PAC code is a flipping nightmare - one guy spent 20 minutes trying to convince me to stay and I eventually hung up - it then took me another 15 minutes to get the address you have to write to to get them to do it.

Why they don't provide it over the phone is a joke and is driving me to distraction!

Comments

• Options
    RicardodaforceRicardodaforce Posts: 8,576
    Forum Member
    Surely you get the PAC code from your network supplier, not the retailer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely you get the PAC code from your network supplier, not the retailer.

Carphone warehouse are a service provider for o2.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never heard of asking a shop for a PAC code... you learn something new every day :D
  • Options
    RicardodaforceRicardodaforce Posts: 8,576
    Forum Member
    jammers wrote: »
    Carphone warehouse are a service provider for o2.

They sell the contracts, they are not the network. You should speak to 02, not Mr Dunstone's little business. 02, will supply the PAC code. The PAC is given to the account holder. CPW are NOT the account holder. You are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They sell the contracts, they are not the network. You should speak to 02, not Mr Dunstone's little business. 02, will supply the PAC code. The PAC is given to the account holder. CPW are NOT the account holder. You are.

No, you are wrong. You can be with o2 direct or with o2 through the carphone warehouse. If you sign up to 02 through the CPW they are the company that bill you, run your account and provide you with your PAC code.

It all harks back to the days when there was only Cellnet and Vodafone. They had to sell their services through third parties who delt with billing etc. Phone 4 U also run the same system as CPW.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Russ_WWFCRuss_WWFC Posts: 1,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm that CPW do O2's billing when they sell a phone through their stores. I got my Mio A701 from Expansys on an O2 12 month £35PM contract last year. As the contract was coming to an end I decided to get the PAC Code so I can keep my number when I move network.

The process was:

Ring CPW
    They give you a disconnection notice number
    Which you quote when you write to the address they give you.
    2 weeks later (approx) you get your PAC code.

Very long winded, the process gets longer and longer each year. At first they gave it to you on the phone as soon as you rang - no good reson why they cant do that now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Russ_WWFC wrote: »
    I can confirm that CPW do O2's billing when they sell a phone through their stores. I got my Mio A701 from Expansys on an O2 12 month £35PM contract last year. As the contract was coming to an end I decided to get the PAC Code so I can keep my number when I move network.

The process was:

Ring CPW
    They give you a disconnection notice number
    Which you quote when you write to the address they give you.
    2 weeks later (approx) you get your PAC code.

Very long winded, the process gets longer and longer each year. At first they gave it to you on the phone as soon as you rang - no good reson why they cant do that now

Took just over a week in the end. I was willing to listen to what they could offer me but made getting the PAC code so difficult I decided I was definitely off.