Options

Malaysian Airline 777 missing 239 feared dead

Comments

• Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    Only an explosion and sudden decompression would cause no Mayday call,.
    This aircraft was being tracked at 30,00 feet when it went off the radar.
    It has been sighted in 2 different areas on the sea.That's a bomb did that.

A bomb would certainly explain why there was no phone communication from passengers. Though, there are other possibilities, for sure. The wing failing and an instant, plummeting nosedive wouldn't give anyone chance to do anything with their phones.

Either way, this is horrific.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No need to be rude.You're better than that.:(

I'm not rude. Your posts on here have no credibility. They haven't even found the aircraft. Speculation on how it went down is futile. Until they find the black boxes it's just speculation.

The NTSB nor any authorities have made any statement on the possible cause of the accident.
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    I'm not rude. Your posts on here have no credibility. They haven't even found the aircraft. Speculation on how it went down is futile. Until they find the black boxes it's just speculation.

The NTSB nor any authorities have made any statement on the possible cause of the accident.

Yes you are rude Woodbush.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only an explosion and sudden decompression would cause no Mayday call,.
    This aircraft was being tracked at 30,00 feet when it went off the radar.
    It has been sighted in 2 different areas on the sea.That's a bomb did that.

No it wouldn't. The Air France Airbus didn't even have anything on the cockpit voice recorder.

They have sighted nothing, two oil slicks that haven't been identified.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes you are rude Woodbush.

Why are you such an expert on this aircraft. No one knows what happened.

You speculate it was a bomb but you haven't got a clue really.
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As others have said it is too early for anything definitive to be claimed for the destruction of all those lives.

Whether bomb or massive structural failure, so many families will be grieving today and I hope the truth can be found for their sakes.
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you watch today's (8th March) follow up flight of MH370 on Flightradar24 which departed at 16.40 UTC from Kuala Lumpur, something rather curious happens to the flightpath. At the point of the previous days missing plane vanishing, todays scheduled flight does a strange little detour at about the same area that the vanished plane left the radar over the South China Sea, and even more oddly while it takes this small detour it climbs from a cruising height of 37,000 feet to an unbelievable 49,800 feet before descending back to 37,000 and continuing safely on its way to Beijing. What can that be all about?

To see for yourself just go to Flightradar24 and go to the playback option, set if for 8th March at 16.40 and the plane appears at Kuala Lumpur as sign MAS370 shortly afterwards.
  • Options
    skipjack79skipjack79 Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have sighted nothing, two oil slicks that haven't been identified.

Forgive me for butting in, but I'd just like to remind people that oil slicks don't pop out of nowhere, or occur by natural causes. A plane has gone missing in the area, it's obvious what's sadly happened...
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Came across this in the New York Times listing all nationalities on board.
    Malaysia Airlines said the plane had 227 passengers aboard, including two toddlers, and an all-Malaysian crew of 12. According to the manifest, the passengers included 154 citizens from China or Taiwan, 38 Malaysians, seven Indonesians, six Australians, five Indians, four French and three Americans, as well as two citizens each from Canada, New Zealand and Ukraine and one each from Austria, Italy, the Netherlands and Russia — although the true nationalities of the passengers carrying the Austrian and Italian passports are still unknown.

The article went on to say that it will be the worst air disaster since November 2001 when an Airbus A300 crashed in Belle Harbour killing all 260 passengers and five people on the ground.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skipjack79 wrote: »
    Forgive me for butting in, but I'd just like to remind people that oil slicks don't pop out of nowhere, or occur by natural causes. A plane has gone missing in the area, it's obvious what's sadly happened...

I understand that and it's the likely place. It's claimed to be miles long so would indicate a massive break up.
  • Options
    skipjack79skipjack79 Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand that and it's the likely place. It's claimed to be miles long so would indicate a massive break up.

Something you would expect from a high altitude explosion. Something catastrophic occurred, and it happened high and quickly, with no chance to radio for help or contemplate a crash landing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something you would expect from a high altitude explosion. Something catastrophic occurred, and it happened high and quickly, with no chance to radio for help or contemplate a crash landing.

Without a doubt. When they find the aircraft they will recover it. Remember the Air India flight that was bombed and wreckage was in the Bay of Biscay, they recovered enough to determine it was a bomb.

The Air France black boxes were recovered from the Atlantic and determined it was pilot error. There was no explosion. I think though that was the initial thoughts.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member

Rogue tanker captains have tanks flushed while at sea which can cause a slick so not as obvious as you think..
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,531
    Forum Member

More likely a sudden major structural failure following repair work a while back that missed some of the damage (e.g. hairline cracks), after the known wingtip smash.

See my post a few pages back before all this Islamist bollocks started up. We are all guessing though and obviously, being mostly Chinese passengers, that West Chinese group who attacked the railway station recently could be involved.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very possible this is terrorism or a failed Hijack attempt.

CNN reports US and China intelligence + counter terrorism team are now involved in the investigation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InTheLoop wrote: »
    Maybe the passports are a red herring? Don't want to sounds too un-"PC" here but

If there were two terrorists, claiming the identity of an italian and an austrian, they are not going to be chinese / malay nationals or the atypical islamic terrorist from the middle-east , i.e. non-caucasian.

It would have to have been someone from the western world to have the audacity as presenting themselves as an italian / european (please note i have not seen the visual identites of either of the 2 europeans) to flight authorities

Although strong evidence of a terrorist attack (bomb) is the sudden vanishing, with no distress call being issued.

There are Uyghurs that have Caucasian features. Some of them have green eyes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bomb would certainly explain why there was no phone communication from passengers. Though, there are other possibilities, for sure. The wing failing and an instant, plummeting nosedive wouldn't give anyone chance to do anything with their phones.

Either way, this is horrific.

If it was a bomb in Mid-Air, then there should be a wide debris field.....

Possibly failed Hijack attempt, struggle for controls, nosedive into the Ocean.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    d'@ve wrote: »
    More likely a sudden major structural failure following repair work a while back that missed some of the damage (e.g. hairline cracks), after the known wingtip smash.

See my post a few pages back before all this Islamist bollocks started up. We are all guessing though and obviously, being mostly Chinese passengers, that West Chinese group who attacked the railway station recently could be involved.

Muslims weren't they?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE[11.37am]: Malaysian authorities are working with international intelligence and counter-terrorism units. Malaysia's Minister of Transport Hishammuddin Hussein says he has met with officers from the FBI and confirmed that an oil slick was indeed found in Vietnam waters but no debris has been detected.

Singapore has deployed three vessels to aid in search and rescue. Hishammuddin says MH370 may have made an 'air turnback'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very possible this is terrorism or a failed Hijack attempt.

CNN reports US and China intelligence + counter terrorism team are now involved in the investigation.

Involved doesn't mean it was. I'll bet they are all looking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Or possibly not, wait till they recover the cockpit voice recorder. All aircraft now have secure doors to the cockpit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »

It was wingtip damage during taxiing. Do you not think the engineers would have checked that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought if you reported a passport as stolen/lost it was cancelled? Or is that only UK ones?
    davidmcn wrote: »
    It's still good enough to travel with, until you encounter someone who gets suspicious and decides to make further enquiries.

British ones can be electronically cancelled which would render them useless at immigration control and check-in, I think most others are like that now as well.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,531
    Forum Member
    It was wingtip damage. Do you not think the engineers would have would have checked that?

I'm just reporting what the aviation expert in LA said. He thinks the impact could have caused undetected hairline structural issues closer to the wing root, that have developed since then and eventually failed.

'Tis all speculation though.
  • Options
    seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ok im no expert but nose diving from 30,000 or so feet and not having time to for a Mayday call I find that hard to believe, just seen this from another incident

The Tuesday night Flight 3426 from Tampa took a nosedive
    some 41,000 feet in the air, dropping to under 10,000 in ten
    minutes just 100 miles away from Raleigh Durham
    International Airport.

10 minutes it took plenty of of time to radio for help'
This discussion has been closed.