People who do their shopping at 6am

Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Couldn't sleep so Just went Tesco and saw people do their weekly shopping.. What posses people to go shopping at 6Am?

Comments

• franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice way to shop - peaceful.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Today best time to make sure the stock is in.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what were you doing there? Licking the windows?
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what were you doing there? Licking the windows?

I was bored and couldn't sleep so was going to buy some Lucky Charms as a Xmas treat but they had sold out
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    Nice way to shop - peaceful.

This, this and this ten times over :)

Given the choice between a 6am shop or going out at midday to fight your way around the hordes of people who amble around the supermarket in a complete world of their own, blocking the aisles with their trolleys, cutting you up, bumping in to you and various other annoyances, i'd go for a 6am shop every time.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    Couldn't sleep so Just went Tesco and saw people do their weekly shopping.. What posses people to go shopping at 6Am?
    You are one of them.
  • MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member

Given the choice between a 6am shop or going out at midday to fight your way around the hordes of people who amble around the supermarket in a complete world of their own, blocking the aisles with their trolleys, cutting you up, bumping in to you and various other annoyances, i'd go for a 6am shop every time.

Me too. We set our alarm this morning, now home, shopped out. Shower, coffee, relax, what's so strange about that?
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Absolutely. Get in and out as early as possible is my motto.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't like to bother a worker at 6am asking where something is.. They all look busy stacking shelves
  • David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a few points on this subject...

Might be night shift workers doing a bit of shopping on their way home.

Depending on how much parking there is in the area, this time of year it maybe the only time you can go there and be guaranteed a parking space.

Lastly, there are some people who just prefer going early...I know of 2 myself. One gets up and goes over ready for the local shop to open at 6am. He does the same thing when he goes shopping in the main town some 16miles away by bus. Says "he doesn't want to waste the day". The others get up early and drive to the next town waiting for the shops to open.
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David (2) wrote: »
    There's a few points on this subject...

Might be night shift workers doing a bit of shopping on their way home.

Depending on how much parking there is in the area, this time of year it maybe the only time you can go there and be guaranteed a parking space.

Lastly, there are some people who just prefer going early...I know of 2 myself. One gets up and goes over ready for the local shop to open at 6am. He does the same thing when he goes shopping in the main town some 16miles away by bus. Says "he doesn't want to waste the day". The others get up early and drive to the next town waiting for the shops to open.

That's me, already been this morning :blush: If I have to shop in town I like to be there for when the shops open their doors.
  • IC89IC89 Posts: 1,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love doing the weekly shop at about 6-6:30am on a Saturday morning. The ASDA near us is 24 hours and it's utter bliss. Only a few other people in the store. Pretty much everything is on the shelf by then too.

Yes there are pallets and the night staff are still beavering away, along with the cleaning staff, but I make sure to keep out of their way as best I can because it's their job I'm encroaching on at that time of day.

I can also use the trolley self service checkouts without some impatient idiot huffing behind me, and by the time I leave people are starting to arrive more and more. Drive past the same store by 9-11am and the car park is almost full every week and I really do not like shoppers. Kids, trolleys, ignorance everywhere. No thanks.
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,908
    Forum Member
    I suppose because it's quiet and hassle free.

Some people dislike crowds and noise.
    Also some people are early risers (eg my mum is in bed by 10pm and then up at around 5:15am)
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I did an ASDA shop at 7am yesterday, and the place was almost packed even then !

It wouldn't have been anywhere near as busy if it hadn't been so close to Christmas.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't like to bother
    a worker at 6am asking where something is.. They all look busy stacking
    shelves

So what? Store is open and you're a customer. They should be happy to help.

I was going to go shopping early but I'm pottering around procrastinating on DS. :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what? Store is open and you're a customer. They should be happy to help.

I was going to go shopping early but I'm pottering around procrastinating on DS. :blush:

it would annoy me
  • Sam_Clarke1Sam_Clarke1 Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not been long back from Tesco's(New Malden) and I was surprised how busy it was

Glad I went when I did
  • tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    it would annoy me

Why would it annoy you, the shop is open for the public to use, me and my wife go shopping at 3am alot not just xmas best time to shop it's quiet and hassle free.
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Before Tesco's started to deliver we used to shop Saturday morning 5am, was quiet. easy to get around, fully stocked and the staff were always happy to help.
  • tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    molliepops wrote: »
    Before Tesco's started to deliver we used to shop Saturday morning 5am, was quiet. easy to get around, fully stocked and the staff were always happy to help.

Yes i agree
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member

there are less people at 6am, a very good reason to shop at that time
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,158
    Forum Member
    I was at the shops this morning at 7am. It wasn't quite a weekly shop, but to get my fresh food; all very quiet and pleasant, I do this every Christmas Eve and back home within the hour.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it would annoy me

Sure, I don't like to purposely interrupt someone in the middle of something but it's part of the service they provide and I'd rather ask than leave without. To the shops!
  • JackieboJackiebo Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did my main Christmas shop at ASDA's a few years ago. Went out a 5:30. After completing my shop, I was stood in the queue for the checkout (there was one) just after 6 and the fire alarm went off and we all had to evacuate. Had to stand outside for 20mins or so (well I didn't have to, could have left, but all the shopping was there in ther trolley). I didn't even have a coat on, just a hoodie.

When we were allowed back in I retrieved my trolley and went to pay. The checkout operator had been authorised to give everybody who had to evacuate a £1 voucher for the inconvience. I had almost £200 worth of shopping! Ho bloody ho!
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to Tesco at 8 this morning and it was packed then, so God knows what it will be like as the day wears on. I can fully understand why some people would go even earlier.