• Crocodile TearsCrocodile Tears Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    THE ROTCOD wrote: »
    clara

Danny ^_^^_^
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    davebt wrote: »
    Calling this episode 'last christmas' is a Moffat title. We are all meant to be talking about it being about Clara and the Doctor. So I don't think it is..

Ug.

It's not a Moffat thing - The Parting of the Ways ended up with them joining up again, Doomsday didn't end in Doomsday, or even in Rose's foreshadowed death. The End of Time threatened the end of Time, but didn't provide it.

Taking episode titles that threaten terrible things literally is quite silly.
  • THE ROTCODTHE ROTCOD Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she died at christmas before so here's hopping;-):):D:o
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've got this great image of you - so excited at the thought of Clara possibly leaving that you are actually hopping, on one leg! :D

Don't think she is leaving, but keep hopping if you like!;-)
  • THE ROTCODTHE ROTCOD Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adams66 wrote: »
    I've got this great image of you - so excited at the thought of Clara possibly leaving that you are actually hopping, on one leg! :D

and im far from the only one.hehehe hahaha
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet "everyone you know" joins you in hopping ;)
  • gareth1408gareth1408 Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    adams66 wrote: »

This ^^^ :D:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know this whole thing started because of an article in The Mirror....

...before they changed their mind and reported the opposite,

I don't blame the production team for running with it. Though I do look forward to THE ROTCOD's reaction either way.
  • DODS11DODS11 Posts: 2,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she can't be allowed to ruin series 9 aswell

Lol, she was the most agreed critical praising point of Series 8 - even Peter Capaldi didn't muster the same level of acclaim and it was his first series.
  • dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    PaperSkin wrote: »
    cough moon egg cough

cough the fairies or what ever that stupid episode was set in the forest.
  • AidanLunnAidanLunn Posts: 5,320
    Forum Member
    wizzywick wrote: »
    The title is ambiguous. Last Christmas could certainly mean that it's someones Last Christmas. It could also literally mean "Last Christmas" as in the Christmas before this one.

It could also mean the song by Wham! which was released 30 years ago this Christmas!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha
    unlucky ROTCOD ;)
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I'm so happy she's staying! :D Love Jenna, and I adore Clara - despite some of the awful writing.
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Nice fake out.
    I'm glad the BBC managed to avoid anyone spoiling the true ending in advance. Does make me wonder though...
    Does the Doctor remember Shona? She wanted to hang out Clara and called the Doctor a Magician, which means it's still possible she could be the Apprentice of the title of S9E1. Clara would certainly not be called an apprentice, considering how long she's already been with the Time Lord.
  • GaladrielGaladriel Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    Bah humbug!!! :D
  • bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its very obvious that they changed the ending to suit jenna coleman changing her mind about staying. The mirror got it right both times!
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no - You've got a lot more hopping to do now. Hope your leg can stand it. ;-)
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    I'm so happy she's staying! :D Love Jenna, and I adore Clara - despite some of the awful writing.

well thats exactly what it is.
    she is a good companion, people may have turned against her as the writing has just been a little dodgy, and thats putting it politely believe me !
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit mean, but it did flicker across my mind that a few fans would be thinking "Yes! She's old now! Goodbye speech. Thank you g......aw, nuts."

Have absolutely no inside information, indeed like the Daily Mirror I suspect!, but assume considering they start filming Series 9 in a week or so that Jenna staying was a done deal for quite a while. Just don't buy this "hurried rewrites" idea personally.