Options

Is Kylie really as beautiful and wonderful as the media would make us believe?

ShadowmaidenShadowmaiden Posts: 3,030
Forum Member
✭✭✭
For as long as I can remember Kylie has been hailed as this uber beautiful godess by the media, someone who men find irresistasble and who women want to be. But I don't think I have ever met a man who fancies her, or a woman who wants to look like her. Ive always thought her sister Dannii was the prettier of the two.

IMHO Kylie is ugly. These days her face barely moves anymore. Her skin is shiney and rubbery looking from all those alleged botox jobs and god knows what other procedures she's had done. She looks like she's been stretched and pulled within in an inch of her life. But even when she was younger she wasn't all that. She's got these massive, horsey teeth that look too big for her face, she's short and has a sparrow like body.

Why are we always told that she's one of the most beautiful women in the world? She's not. I mean I dislike Cheryl Cole, but I can see she's very pretty and I hear people, men and women, saying how pretty she is all the time. But ive never heard anyone saying the same about Kylie. But Its almost like we are not allowed to say a bad thing about her, like she's a saint or something.

Do her people pay the press to be nice about her or something? Madonna gets pulled to bits in the media for allegedly having work done on her face, but Kylie looks even worse and gets away with it.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member
    I've never seen the appeal....too horsey looking for my liking.:eek:
  • Options
    doughnut8doughnut8 Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Kylie was pretty when she was younger but now like you have said she has used money to try and make herself look young but instead looks like a slab of meat in cling film.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never seen the attraction either. She's not bad looking but no beauty queen. Her teeth are huge.

And you are spot on about the media not letting anyone knock her from her pedestal. She believes all the hype and is so self absorbed. I think she's awful
  • Options
    minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taboo wrote: »
    I've never seen the appeal....too horsey looking for my liking.:eek:

I agree shes totally asexual,like a cross between a pixie and a pony.and the body of a 12 year old boy.:eek:
    nothing remotely hot about her.
    im sure shes a nice person though. :)
  • Options
    Imperfect AngelImperfect Angel Posts: 3,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was cute when she was younger but now she looks like a pantomime horse.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Her songs are good thou..:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doughnut8 wrote: »
    I think Kylie was pretty when she was younger but now like you have said she has used money to try and make herself look young but instead looks like a slab of meat in cling film.

LMAO! Best description ever!!!!:D
  • Options
    NativeMoonNativeMoon Posts: 6,149
    Forum Member
    Never understood the Kylie appeal myself.

She was reasonably attractive when she was younger and has some decent songs even though she's another one who gets by more on image and marketing than actual defacto talent. She's got a huge fanbase - good luck to her.

The work she has had done is horrible - I cant help but focus on that eyebrow shooting up into her hairline whenever I see photos or video of her. How can she or anyone look at that and think it's ok? I think she had far too much done too soon and is paying a price for it.

As for being wonderful - following accounts of her relationships she just comes across as being very hight maintenance and clingy and goes for guys who seem to be players who would inevitably let her down. Nothing wonderful about that...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you all forgotten that Kylie has battled cancer and that alone can take it's toll on skin and body features. She's a genuine nice person in an industry that has so much fakeness about it. Do you seriously think that Ms Cole would look good without her slap on? Chav springs to mind. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She had the work done before the cancer - her main problem is too much Botox, much like all the other celeb waxworks. The treatment of Breast Cancer wouldnt cause one of your eyebrows to shoot up almost into your hairline.

No Cheryl Cole fan but she is ok without her slap - just your average pretty lady. She's not looking like a waxwork just yet...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Decky3 wrote: »
    Have you all forgotten that Kylie has battled cancer and that alone can take it's toll on skin and body features. She's a genuine nice person in an industry that has so much fakeness about it. Do you seriously think that Ms Cole would look good without her slap on? Chav springs to mind. :rolleyes:

I was wondering how long it would be before someone brough up 'brave Kylie's cancer battle':rolleyes: Is critcising her off limits because she's had cancer? In fact, she looked like a Madam Tussauds dummy before she was diagnosed with cancer, so don't try and blame her alien like appearance on that.

And no, I don't think Cheryl would look as good without her make up.
  • Options
    Dolby KidDolby Kid Posts: 912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's 41, and she looks amazing.

Oil her and bring her to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dolby Kid wrote: »
    She's 41, and she looks amazing.

Oil her and bring her to me.

Ha Ha

I too was waiting for someone to throw the cancer line in.
    I appreciate what a dreadful time that was for her (or anyone in her situation) but thats no excuse for her "Look at me, I'm Sandra Dee" attitude. She totally believes the hype :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I cant help but laugh at this thread..sorry :o

Im glad she's better now too :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was wondering how long it would be before someone brough up 'brave Kylie's cancer battle':rolleyes: Is critcising her off limits because she's had cancer? In fact, she looked like a Madam Tussauds dummy before she was diagnosed with cancer, so don't try and blame her alien like appearance on that.

This! Its a horrendous thing to have to go through - but Kylie isnt the first woman to deal with breast cancer and won't be the last. It's ridiculous to even try to link her bad cosmetic surgery to it especially given how long she's looked like that.
  • Options
    Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No celebrity is as beautiful and wonderful as the media hypes them up to be.

Like any female celebrity who relies greatly on her image to remain successful, Kylie seems to be trying to continue to maintain and make the most of her looks.IMO she is doing well.

I bet she is just happy to be alive and have her health and a chance to continue to do what she loves to do. Regardless of wheather she looks terrible or not,or can sing or not, or any of that subjective stuff we all have opinions about, the woman has accomplished quite a lot,seems to appreciate the luck involved as well, and I respect her for it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NativeMoon wrote: »
    This! Its a horrendous thing to have to go through - but Kylie isnt the first woman to deal with breast cancer and won't be the last. It's ridiculous to even try to link her bad cosmetic surgery to it especially given how long she's looked like that.

I purposly didn't mention the fact she'd had cancer in my original post because I think that its in the past and she's moved on. I knew it wouldn't be long before someone did bring it up though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree Shadowmaiden; never understood the appeal myself - plus since she's had cancer (though not trying to belittle this horrible experience in anyway, obv.) she's slipped into the 'national treasure' bracket, and is exempt from bad press. I've also heard that she's pretty high maintenance. I liked her early songs very much, but in my humble opinion a lot of what she has done since has been rather lacklustre.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was saying that her cancer was a possible factor in causing some of the flaws people are critizing her for. In going back to the original thread, well as a straight man, i'd be more that pleased with Kylie. You can find a Cheryl Cole down any pub alleyway on a friday night with her knickers round her knees! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree about Chavva Tweedy too without the makeup, hair, new teeth, alleged Botox, alleged lasered hairline, boob job, etc etc etc.

She was pretty in the days of Pop Idol, but most of her very cultivated 'look' could be achieved on most people if they had her bank balance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrsBambi wrote: »
    I agree Shadowmaiden; never understood the appeal myself - plus since she's had cancer (though not trying to belittle this horrible experience in anyway, obv.) she's slipped into the 'national treasure' bracket, and is exempt from bad press. I've also heard that she's pretty high maintenance. I liked her early songs very much, but in my humble opinion a lot of what she has done since has been rather lacklustre.

It was the same with Jade Goody, the press quickly forgot about her bad behaviour, which imo far out weighed the good stuff. She was a horror and an unplesant person.

Of course its sad that a young mother died and left two young children, but it won't change my opinion that she was vile.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was the same with Jade Goody, the press quickly forgot about her bad behaviour, which imo far out weighed the good stuff. She was a horror and an unplesant person.

Of course its sad that a young mother died and left two young children, but it won't change my opinion that she was vile.

Exactly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Decky3 wrote: »
    I was saying that her cancer was a possible factor in causing some of the flaws people are critizing her for. In going back to the original thread, well as a straight man, i'd be more that pleased with Kylie. You can find a Cheryl Cole down any pub alleyway on a friday night with her knickers round her knees! :D

You know as much as dislike Cheryl, I find that comment pretty uncalled for. She's a lot of things, but she's not a trollop and ive never heard or read anything that supports that idea either.

Just because someone is a bit rum and from a working class background doesn't mean they are cheap. In fact Kylie's had more men that most of us have had hot dinners. You'd be more likely find her down a pub alleyway with her knickers down than Cheryl:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MrsBambi wrote: »
    Totally agree about Chavva Tweedy too without the makeup, hair, new teeth, alleged Botox, alleged lasered hairline, boob job, etc etc etc.

She was pretty in the days of Pop Idol, but most of her very cultivated 'look' could be achieved on most people if they had her bank balance.

don'y you watch X Factor..she is stunning