Forum Member
    ✭✭
    far2cool wrote: »
    Gavin!

Serves you Right :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How on earth is she a comedian? If her idea of a joke is asking if a man is Ross Kemp just because he's bald?! Pathetic.
    And I never used to mind her until this show.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love Penny!
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    I hate that I find this funny
  • J_PeasmouldJ_Peasmould Posts: 715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never watched the show before, and I am enjoying it! It's harmless fun and I will be tuning in again next week. :)
  • snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,105
    Forum Member
    I do think Miranda is a bit of an acquired taste
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was great. Beyond ridiculous they chose The Royle Family over that on Xmas Day.
  • Dan100Dan100 Posts: 2,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So many laugh out loud moments. It might be cheesy unsophisticated comedy, but it's such fun.
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was so hoping Miranda would go into business with her Mum! :cry:
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,166
    Forum Member
    I've just sat through it. What a load of infantile tosh. :mad:
  • FuddFudd Posts: 167,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great start to the series. :D I just hope we don't have a whole series of Gary and Miranda not getting together when everyone knows they will eventually. :o
  • techno12techno12 Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Never heard of the show before, let alone watched it, but I really enjoyed this. Laughed 10x more than I did at the Royle Family for instance.

And, Miranda is strangely attractive...
  • notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such fun! Brilliant episode, smiled all the way through.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never watched the show before, and I am enjoying it! It's harmless fun and I will be tuning in again next week. :)

Exactly, it's not sophisticated or edgy but it's just harmless fun, a throw-back show to simpler times.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Loved it! I was a little worried as the trailers seemed poor, and the last Christmas episode was my least favourite episode, but after a shaky start it kept getting better peaking with the brilliant choir scene. Plus how could I not love something that featured Tom Ellis in a Christmas jumper :D

According to wiki (not reliable I know), Clive the waiter, who I didn't miss, ran the restaurant Gary works at, was this ever mentioned in the show?

Also, did anyone spot a Mike played by Bo Poraj, he was in the credits on the website, was he the reporter? He's in the next two episode as well.

Edit: Just watched the news report bit again, it was him as he signed off as "Michael Jackford".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was disappointed :(
  • thisiscainythisiscainy Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    I was disappointed :(

Me too :cry:

Firstly I was glad that the episode ended the way it did, since Miranda without the shop just wouldn't feel the same at all. Maybe it's because it's been so long since the last series but it seemed to me a bit like the show felt the need to sell itself all over again - lots of situations felt manipulated simply as an excuse to use the catchphrases, rather than the catchphrases arising where the situation lets them.

I'm babbling I know :p

However I thought it did get better as it went on, with quite a few laugh out loud moments, but for me it was a weaker episode than any in the first 2 series :cry: I just hope the improvement as the episode went on is a good sign for the rest of the series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I just hope the improvement as the episode went on is a good sign for the rest of the series.

Hopefully.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    I thought it was hilarious! :)
  • CUP OF TEAAA!CUP OF TEAAA! Posts: 4,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a massive fan of the show and was very excited/nervous for the ep tonight, but it was PERFECT. Not too much Gary/Miranda focus, nice Stevie moments and Miranda was at her best. I have recorded and will watch at least another two times over the next week! :o I'm feeling so hyper because it was amazing!

Oh and I find it hilarious that this thread is called Series 4. It's very "Miranda"!
  • tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really enjoyed tonight's show
  • CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really enjoyed tonight's show - but not my favourite episode. they need to get Gary and Miranda together otherwise its just going to get annoying.

Bring on next week!
  • EESuperFanEESuperFan Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved this episode! for the people who hate it, you have no sense of humour.
    i'm still laughing at Sue Perb haha ;D
    bring on episode 2!
  • notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    techno12 wrote: »
    Never heard of the show before, let alone watched it, but I really enjoyed this. Laughed 10x more than I did at the Royle Family for instance.

And, Miranda is strangely attractive...

The royal family is crass shit in comparison.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member

Firstly I was glad that the episode ended the way it did, since Miranda without the shop just wouldn't feel the same at all. Maybe it's because it's been so long since the last series but it seemed to me a bit like the show felt the need to sell itself all over again - lots of situations felt manipulated simply as an excuse to use the catchphrases, rather than the catchphrases arising where the situation lets them.

I'm babbling I know :p

However I thought it did get better as it went on, with quite a few laugh out loud moments, but for me it was a weaker episode than any in the first 2 series :cry:I just hope the improvement as the episode went on is a good sign for the rest of the series.

I think it will improve. Miranda Hart did tweet that the first two episodes are slower and establishing. https://twitter.com/mermhart/status/283960485475393536