Options

Explanation for judges behaviour tonight: Fox Execs were there

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the full episode and I think Dannii was quite good tonight. Her behaviour towards louis was bordering on annoying but overall, I think she had the right balance between being fun but being articulate with her comments. She should be like that all the time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    CARA2000 wrote: »
    Not sure about Cheryl, but can categorically state that with an attitude such as this the person behind this level of thought process would not be in demand anywhere. :mad:

I bet you are a real charmer. :rolleyes:

Howaay pet, did ah mak thee spill ya Big Beastie aall oway ya new Burberry? Gwan ta buggery wee ya.
  • Options
    loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jayma wrote: »
    I would have preferred it if she'd directed her feistiness more in Simon's direction than Louis, as he deserves it more! :) Agree with her judgements being spot on, as she usually is.

yeh she was more toward him on xtra factor and in general the audience and public were more on her side so i think that got on simons nerves...hope the execs paid attention to that;):D
  • Options
    HazefreeHazefree Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    grendel wrote: »
    Apparently Cheryl thinks that broadly accented aggressive Geordie chavs are in big demand over in LaLaLand

I resent that statement I am not a geordie but I live amongst them and they are great people.
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    grendel wrote: »
    Howaay pet, did ah mak thee spill ya Big Beastie aall oway ya new Burberry? Gwan ta buggery wee ya.

Someone's never been to Newcastle before :rolleyes:
  • Options
    iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i acc loved dannii tonight!!!!!! she just had fun and finally made the show about herself to some extent just like the other judges do everyweek!!! i like the fact she is confident and the fact that she may slip up and say things that not everyone will agree with also like today when she got up after paije's performance and the audience started cheering and that, i could never imagine cheryl doing that cause she seems to always wanna look good in front of the camera?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think they would have loved Louis! There is no drama or controversy without him!! The Americans would love him as a foil for Simon!!
  • Options
    sezziesezzie Posts: 11,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hazefree wrote: »
    I resent that statement I am not a geordie but I live among them and they are great people.

No they're not, they're normal people, just like you and me, flaws and all, and to suggest otherwise is either romantic bollocks, or patronising beyond belief, or just sheer shit.

Sorry to be harsh, but this sort of sweeping statement about 'a people' is just bollocks.

People are people, which ever region they reside in. Residing in one region of the UK doesn't make a person any better or worse than someone residing in another region.
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually doubt that they came to see any of the judges. They can see them all on TV. What's more likely is that they are over in London anyway having meetings with Syco and were invited to the live shows as part of that trip. They'll no doubt want to see how the show is made (the nuts and bolts of it as it were). If they were here to see anyone, I suspect it might have been to meet the Executive Producers rather than Cheryl Cole and Dannii Minogue.

As for the judges, none were particularly impressive tonight. I do wonder if FOX might question Simon's "cheerful uncle" nature on the show. Dannii was insanely annoying tonight, Cheryl was overly snappy with Louis. If anyone did well it was Dermot. He handled the Wagner situation really smoothly (the setup wasnt ready so on short notice he had to instigate some chat with the judges before passing over) and generally looks to be growing in confidence. He's looking more and more comfortable with the contestants and the judges.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomi-08 wrote: »
    Could you imagine if tonight the execs turned round to Simon and said they wanted Dannii, not Cheryl!

His face would be priceless :D

I would love that to happen!
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vanilla101 wrote: »
    So, I haven't seen tonight's full X-Factor episode yet (I only caught the last half) but judging by the comments on this board tonight it seems that the judges were being a bit more 'lively' than usual.

Well, Dan Wootton tweeted that there were Fox executives in the audience tonight which may be a possible explanation as to why the judges were being a bit bizarre and 'out there'.

But I imagine the executives were there to see Cheryl in particular.... can anybody tell me if she was her usual useless self or did she actually make sensible comments tonight (to prove to the execs that she is smart etc..)?

Well I thought that Cheryl was great tonight, as usual, the two that were OTT were Dannii and Louis. Louis having a go at all the other judges and their acts and Dannii making a big thing trying to shut Louis up. Simon backed Cheryl most of the time and both Simon and Cheryl looked very happy and chatty! I normally like Dannii but she was a bit full on tonight!
  • Options
    chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    Sarah.OX wrote: »
    I hope they didn't see Cheryl snapping at Louis if true! I'm not sure they'll like to see that, even though Cheryl had a right to say it to Louis after he insulted her

How the hell did he insult her?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Americans loove OTT though!!
  • Options
    tommygunnertommygunner Posts: 4,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomi-08 wrote: »
    Could you imagine if tonight the execs turned round to Simon and said they wanted Dannii, not Cheryl!

Not on the cards. Based on her behaviour tonight they likely think Dannii has a drinking or substance abuse problem.

Rumour has it they were there to evaluate Dermot as a presenter in any event—not any of the judges.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Why would Louis or Dannii care if some execs from Fox were there - they don't want a US job. Simon is their shows anyway - so only Cheryl needs to play up (and we all know she will never get the job in the US - her accent is impenetrable to most Americans).

Why would Fox want Dermot - surely they have loads of potential Americans to choose from.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iluvdannii wrote: »
    i acc loved dannii tonight!!!!!! she just had fun and finally made the show about herself to some extent just like the other judges do everyweek!!! i like the fact she is confident and the fact that she may slip up and say things that not everyone will agree with also like today when she got up after paije's performance and the audience started cheering and that, i could never imagine cheryl doing that cause she seems to always wanna look good in front of the camera?!

Like I have said, I normally like Dannii but I think that she made the show too much about her and her boys tonight, like she was showing off and being too full on with trying to shut Louis up, even though he needed shutting up because he made such a fuss with at least one of all the other 3 judges acts. He made it look as if he was trying to prove something, now it makes sense if people from fox were there tonight and also with Dannii being a little OTT as well!
  • Options
    MrChandlerBingMrChandlerBing Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    Cheryl was the worse judge tonight as she is most nights, she never offers anything. They should take Louis, at least hes honest.
  • Options
    ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were probably there for Dermot- doubt any of the judges from this X Factor will be on it.

Is Simon going to be a judge? If so, it will probably be him, Nicole Schzeringer and possibly another female. Katy Perry perhaps?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How the hell did he insult her?

Louis firstly told Dannii that she picked the wrong song for Paige and then he had a go at Cheryl for the song that she picked for Katie but then Simon came back at Louis for being a misery and said that he liked Katies song and that she sung it well. Louis seems to try and have a dig at Cheryl nearly every week but the biggest surprise was when he had a dig at Dannii as well this week! I thought that the girls backed each other quite well though, Cheryl saying how much she loved Matt and liked the other two of Danniis acts and then Dannii standing with Cheryl for Rebecca and Dannii also liked Cher as well.

I think that Louis came over has a grumpy old man, yet again this week!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl was the worse judge tonight as she is most nights, she never offers anything. They should take Louis, at least hes honest.

I dont agree, Louis was the worst by far. I think that both Cheryl and Simon were the best tonight and if the poll done in the NOTW last week is anything to go by, using the same type of poll that they used and got 99% right for the general election, Cheryl came out with 40% favourite with Simon 38% and Louis and Dannii only coming in at 11% each!
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ThaGazBoi wrote: »
    They were probably there for Dermot- doubt any of the judges from this X Factor will be on it.

Is Simon going to be a judge? If so, it will probably be him, Nicole Schzeringer and possibly another female. Katy Perry perhaps?

Simon is the only confirmed judge.

My selection is:

Simon Cowell
    Nicole Scherzinger
    Katy Perry
    Scooter Braun

That's the perfect make-up, IMO. Press could focus on Simon vs Katy. She'd be playing a kind of younger version of Sharon in the early years - Simon's rival and a bit crazy and eccentric. Nicole would be Cheryl - nice to the contestants, from one of these shows herself, very glamorous and attractive. Then she'd launch her career off XF US. Scooter Braun - who manages Justin Bieber - is only about 29 years old and with Simon now 51, I think a younger executive would be a good addition.

That gives them 2 "names" to put on the billboards and talkshows (Simon & Katy) and 2 lesser known quantities for viewers to "meet" on the show.
  • Options
    MithMarrMithMarr Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that why the judges took the phone questions at the judge panal with the audience then.
  • Options
    chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    Louis firstly told Dannii that she picked the wrong song for Paige and then he had a go at Cheryl for the song that she picked for Katie but then Simon came back at Louis for being a misery and said that he liked Katies song and that she sung it well. Louis seems to try and have a dig at Cheryl nearly every week but the biggest surprise was when he had a dig at Dannii as well this week! I thought that the girls backed each other quite well though, Cheryl saying how much she loved Matt and liked the other two of Danniis acts and then Dannii standing with Cheryl for Rebecca and Dannii also liked Cher as well.

I think that Louis came over has a grumpy old man, yet again this week!

You still haven't told me how he "insulted" her. You've told me that he gave an opinion on the performances (which he is paid to do) and certain judges on certain performers disagreed with him.

Um....isn't that what happens every week? They each give an opinion and then have a little debate about it before the next act? :confused:

As for you last comment, wow, could not disagree more :D

I found that Louis was -FINALLY- being 100% honest and true to what he saw tonight, when giving his views, which he is allowed to do.

Think he's getting a bit sick of being told to kiss all of Cheryl's acts' arses all the time, and just being made to give positive comments all round to all acts apart from Dannii's, just like Simone does.

I thought Louis was great tonight. Wish Simon would lay off him. Just because he gave negative comments about performances he believed to be shit, how does that make him a grumpy old man? Why should all comments be positive ones when some performers and performances are SHITE in his opinion?
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vanilla101 wrote: »
    So, I haven't seen tonight's full X-Factor episode yet (I only caught the last half) but judging by the comments on this board tonight it seems that the judges were being a bit more 'lively' than usual.

Well, Dan Wootton tweeted that there were Fox executives in the audience tonight which may be a possible explanation as to why the judges were being a bit bizarre and 'out there'.

But I imagine the executives were there to see Cheryl in particular.... can anybody tell me if she was her usual useless self or did she actually make sensible comments tonight (to prove to the execs that she is smart etc..)?
    I thought Cheryl was more aggressive than usual tonight. If Fox executives were really there tonight, then she let herself down badly. Does she really think they will be looking for someone who goes ballistic over small things :eek: There is a very fine line between being feisty and being aggressive.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont agree, Louis was the worst by far. I think that both Cheryl and Simon were the best tonight and if the poll done in the NOTW last week is anything to go by, using the same type of poll that they used and got 99% right for the general election, Cheryl came out with 40% favourite with Simon 38% and Louis and Dannii only coming in at 11% each!

I cannot agree. Louis was the only one who actually managed some in depth criticism which gave pointers for improvement. Dannii seemed slightly insane tonight, but then she is pretty defensive (understandably) in regards to criticism towards her own acts. Cheryl did ok, but added nothing of substance. Simon has become increasingly annoying as the series has gone on and tonight's show did nothing to improve his stature.