• darlingdarling Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    She did seem a bit strange. Maybe it's booze? :confused:
  • John.DitchfieldJohn.Ditchfield Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darling wrote: »
    She did seem a bit strange. Maybe it's booze? :confused:

she is reported to be clearing off on holiday with bodge the builder in February wonder whats that all about
    Forum Member
    she is reported to be clearing off on holiday with bodge the builder in February wonder whats that all about

I don't mind Kerry, but she should give Bodge the boot and concentrate on her poor children imo. They've had enough dodgy blokes in their lives.

She should stay away from Carl Machin too!

I quite fancy him myself. :o:D

And she shouldn't consider moving back up North for one minute. Her children have had enough moving here and there in their short lives. :mad:
  • John.DitchfieldJohn.Ditchfield Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind Kerry, but she should give Bodge the boot and concentrate on her poor children imo. They've had enough dodgy blokes in their lives.

She should stay away from Carl Machin too!

I quite fancy him myself. :o:D

And she shouldn't consider moving back up North for one minute. Her children have had enough moving here and there in their short lives. :mad:

Its all part of this dreadful Powell woman's attempt to paint her something she isnt
    Forum Member
    Its all part of this dreadful Powell woman's attempt to paint her something she isnt

I don't mind Claire. It's Jordan who's painted her as the devil. :rolleyes:

She just seems like a decent PR to me.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind Claire. It's Jordan who's painted her as the devil. :rolleyes:

She just seems like a decent PR to me.

Powell is an enabler IMHO. Trying to convince us that Katona is anything but the lying, hopeless, pathetic junkie that she always has been and always will be, just as she tried to convince us that Price was a loving, devoted Mother instead of a self obsessed, ugly slapper.

Katona is a disgrace. I'm ashamed to say I watched some of her show the other night. In my defence, I was round a friend's, we'd had a few, and decided to watch it. The bits I watched, Katona was hyper, vile and still blaming everyone and his wife for her woes 'everyone's still judging me. it ain't fair' and Powell blithely saying 'you're not the same woman you were in February Kerry' (after the TV showing of that very interesting documentary that showed us her true colours). Of course she's the same woman. You can't polish a turd. Dyeing its hair blonde, slimlining it and dressing it in a few pretty dresses doesn't disguise its innate hideousness. I wouldn't be surprised if she was still caning the gak, downing litres of lambrusco on a daily basis and shagging that revolting ex husband of hers. She will never change. She puts her own hedonistic desires above everything, even her own children. A few shots of her eating chicken kiev with her kids is not going to convince me that she is not the useless, selfish and disgusting excuse of a Mother she has always been.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

MORE holidays? How can she afford it, she is bankrupt isn't she?
    Sha also has three kids, who she would be better off giving some attention to instead of yet more tiresome photos of her in her bikini in OK'
    Why do they give her so many photo shoots. There some much younger prettier talented girls around.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Powell is an enabler IMHO. Trying to convince us that Katona is anything but the lying, hopeless, pathetic junkie that she always has been and always will be, just as she tried to convince us that Price was a loving, devoted Mother instead of a self obsessed, ugly slapper.

Katona is a disgrace. I'm ashamed to say I watched some of her show the other night. In my defence, I was round a friend's, we'd had a few, and decided to watch it. The bits I watched, Katona was hyper, vile and still blaming everyone and his wife for her woes 'everyone's still judging me. it ain't fair' and Powell blithely saying 'you're not the same woman you were in February Kerry' (after the TV showing of that very interesting documentary that showed us her true colours). Of course she's the same woman. You can't polish a turd. Dyeing its hair blonde, slimlining it and dressing it in a few pretty dresses doesn't disguise its innate hideousness. I wouldn't be surprised if she was still caning the gak, downing litres of lambrusco on a daily basis and shagging that revolting ex husband of hers. She will never change. She puts her own hedonistic desires above everything, even her own children. A few shots of her eating chicken kiev with her kids is not going to convince me that she is not the useless, selfish and disgusting excuse of a Mother she has always been.

Brilliant post prumeister.
  • CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was annoyed when she kept stating that no-one had ever looked after her in her life - with the implication being that she was always the giver/carer - (perish the thougth).

In a previous programme - ages ago - she visited her foster carers who she had lived with for quite a while as a teenager and they were lovely. Looked the caring family type and I'm sure kept her secure for the time she was there. Anyway it clearly didnt fit in with her "poor me" story to remember their input and help.

Despite being clean now she still looks "on the edge" to me.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    MORE holidays? How can she afford it, she is bankrupt isn't she?
    Sha also has three kids, who she would be better off giving some attention to instead of yet more tiresome photos of her in her bikini in OK'
    Why do they give her so many photo shoots. There some much younger prettier talented girls around.
    Claire will pay for it and then recoup the cost trought pap deals and filming it for the show.
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably because she has been using for so long its a habit the nose touching. She is contracted to CAN for I believe weekly testing and all is clear. I am sure they would would drop her like a hot spud if she failed, no way would they let her be part of the "family2 ie peter andre who is "squeeky" clean
  • warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like KK because she has spirit and she has a big sense of humour. She also seems to be able to bounce back from adversity and for that I admire her.
    I was slightly uneasy when I watched her show but I didn't know why. Now I remember the slurring of her words occasionally.The nose touching I wasn't aware of but I'm not used to the signs of drug use.
    I really do hope she's clean for her sake and the sake of her lovely kids.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched the programme the other night when it was on and I found it hard to believe she's clean. It wasn't so much the nose touching it was more her speech. It sounds very slurred when she's talking at times, like she's been on the Stellas. I know the medication for bi-polar can be heavy duty but she should have settled on it enough now not to be speaking the way she does. The bathroom thing and her rambling when she came out was just bizarre. Surprised they even showed that if they want to maintain that she's cleaned up her act. She came across as slightly nuts.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I also wonder about CAN's motivation where KK is concerned. She has no talent, nothing to rehab or relaunch except herself. You have to question why CAN has taken her on other than as car-crash horror-show 'entertainment'. How desperate do you have to be for clients to take on someone like KK? And then try and rehab her image on the back of your other clients? And since PA is their most high profile client and the one she most piggybacks on, does he realise (or have any say in) how his close association with this pointless woman impinges on his own image?
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=stash22;46648493]I never found her likeable - even years ago she was always brash and mouthy in AK. Actually do find her unlikeable on her documentary but at the same time feel sorry for her - she is desperate to be liked/loved and just tries to hard to be likeable and in turn makes herself unlikeable - if that makes any sense :confused:[/QUOTE]

I agree, when she was on Loose Women she used to stick her tongue out even then adn come out with stuff like 'yer just jealour cos i've got bigger boobs and i'm younger' It made me wonder what the other panellists thought of her. I couldn't support her on I'm A Celeb because of what i'd seen of her personality
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Completely off topic op but I think your username is quite funny considering the title lol :D
  • quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We become the adults we are raised to be,Our perceptions are founded on our early experiences and Kerry's perceptions of what an adult and parent is, were seriously warped by her ****less Mum.
    The truth is she does not know how to cope in a normal way, as all she ever seen was unhealthy, dysfunctional behavior portrayed as the norm. Kerry has deep seated emotional issues and has the usual self obsessed, narrow thinking of the damaged psyche.
    I think her abuse of chemical substances has left her with some brain damage like a punch drunk boxer.She witnessed, deprivation, neglect and witnessed extreme violence as a kid.This leaves scars.

I find it hard to judge this pitiful person harshly, as she knows no better.It is hard to believe she got clean without serious rehab and counseling. Kerry needs serious therapy and is in fact a vulnerable, woman who lacks resilience and self worth.

It sad she has kids as she is emotionally stunted herself.it seems her daughter is more of a Mum than her.kerry desires and needs nurturing herself and love and has little to give out.This is a woman who as a child never had a feeling of safety or security .whose basic needs were not met and had to be the parent to her own damaged mother.
    This leaves an empty space that Kerry has tried to fill with drugs etc.She craves love, affection and acceptance and does not realize she must give to these things to herself

I can see why her behavior and attitude angers people but I understand its origins.It is also true that she is making these choices but the choices are triggered by internal forces; she needs to understand , be aware of and overcome.Its hard to overcome bad habits and learned ways of thinking.I hope for her and her kids sake, she becomes more self aware and mature.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    quasimoron wrote: »
    We become the adults we are raised to be,Our perceptions are founded on our early experiences and Kerry's perceptions of what an adult and parent is, were seriously warped by her ****less Mum.
    The truth is she does not know how to cope in a normal way, as all she ever seen was unhealthy, dysfunctional behavior portrayed as the norm. Kerry has deep seated emotional issues and has the usual self obsessed, narrow thinking of the damaged psyche.
    I think her abuse of chemical substances has left her with some brain damage like a punch drunk boxer.She witnessed, deprivation, neglect and witnessed extreme violence as a kid.This leaves scars.

I find it hard to judge this pitiful person harshly, as she knows no better.It is hard to believe she got clean without serious rehab and counseling. Kerry needs serious therapy and is in fact a vulnerable, woman who lacks resilience and self worth.

It sad she has kids as she is emotionally stunted herself.it seems her daughter is more of a Mum than her.kerry desires and needs nurturing herself and love and has little to give out.This is a woman who as a child never had a feeling of safety or security .whose basic needs were not met and had to be the parent to her own damaged mother.
    This leaves an empty space that Kerry has tried to fill with drugs etc.She craves love, affection and acceptance and does not realize she must give to these things to herself

I can see why her behavior and attitude angers people but I understand its origins.It is also true that she is making these choices but the choices are triggered by internal forces; she needs to understand , be aware of and overcome.Its hard to overcome bad habits and learned ways of thinking.I hope for her and her kids sake, she becomes more self aware and mature.

For all the reasons you've given above, she is the last person in the world that should have a reality show charting her progress or lack thereof. All it does for her is feed the notion that she somehow is special and deserves all the second chances and attention and indulgence she's been given. But, again, for all the reasons given above, she is not in a position to make that objective decision so we are back to CAN and their cynical exploitation of a zonked trainwreck.

What do you see as their motivation for taking her on as a client and giving her a reality show? I see exploitation, nothing more. A company who will go low and then lower in order to make money. As I and practically everyone else here has said ad nauseum, it's not as if she has a talent or a career which someone is trying to help her ressurect. Her 'recovery' should take place away from the cameras. Or, alternatively, shove her on a reality rehab show where she has at least some chance of hearing some home truths about herself and some possibility of genuine, positive change.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She always sounds drunk to me :rolleyes:
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I looked up the singer Shola Ama who had considerable success in the nineties and was shocked to read that she had developed a cocaine addiction but is now clean. It did ruin her recording career but she's not making herself out to be a victim like Katona. Its not fair that a talent vacuum like Katona gets all these opportunies where as its career suicide for others who develop an addiction.

I found this interview with Ama from 1Xtra;

"I think there was a lot of pressure from having a high profile job at such a young age but I think I was responsible for my own actions so I can't blame it on the pressure of fame," Ama told the station's news programme TX.

"I think it was to do with my being insecure, young and confused at the time." When I first started doing it you feel chatty and confident like you know everything but after a while it starts to have different affects like paranoia

She first tried cocaine around the age of 20 and it was not until a year later she knew she was addicted after realising the past year had been a "blur".

The addiction saw her spending up to �1,000 a week on cocaine and refusing to honour work commitments because of affects of coming down off the drugs.

"I was quite difficult at the time so I sort of pushed all the people that cared about me away and shut myself off from them."

She told the New Nation magazine her worst moment came when she was presenting an award after drinking a bottle of champagne.

Her rambling speech and stumbling shocked the audience, but Ama has no recollection of the event.

ETA I believe Kerry will abuse drugs again unless she takes some responsibility for her past actions. CAN cannot protect her from life's ups and downs and when she has stress or other problems she will be tempted once more
  • HungryMunchkinHungryMunchkin Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    redlippy wrote: »
    She gets the hair strand test too - the results were sent to and read out by Philip Schoefield as being negative during her recent appearance on This Morning. :) The hair strand test confirms she's been "clean" for 6 months according to what Schoefield said :)

How was the test conducted? Was the hair taken from her by This Morning staff or did her management give it to them?

Another point, even if that's correct being clean for six months means she's been clean since June. She split from Mark and got involved with CAN in Febuary, plus she was claiming she was clean then. If she's only been clean for 6 months that means that she was taking drugs for 4 months after her "new life" started. Hmmm....
  • HungryMunchkinHungryMunchkin Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    Muttsnutts wrote: »
    She needs to drink more water. That pee test she did - it was dark orange!

Hmm, dehydration, clogged up kidneys, sluggish liver cause dark urine....all symptoms of alcohol abuse.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I looked up the singer Shola Ama who had considerable success in the nineties and was shocked to read that she had developed a cocaine addiction but is now clean. It did ruin her recording career but she's not making herself out to be a victim like Katona. Its not fair that a talent vacuum like Katona gets all these opportunies where as its career suicide for others who develop an addiction.

I found this interview with Ama from 1Xtra;

"I think there was a lot of pressure from having a high profile job at such a young age but I think I was responsible for my own actions so I can't blame it on the pressure of fame," Ama told the station's news programme TX.

"I think it was to do with my being insecure, young and confused at the time." When I first started doing it you feel chatty and confident like you know everything but after a while it starts to have different affects like paranoia

She first tried cocaine around the age of 20 and it was not until a year later she knew she was addicted after realising the past year had been a "blur".

The addiction saw her spending up to �1,000 a week on cocaine and refusing to honour work commitments because of affects of coming down off the drugs.

"I was quite difficult at the time so I sort of pushed all the people that cared about me away and shut myself off from them."

She told the New Nation magazine her worst moment came when she was presenting an award after drinking a bottle of champagne.

Her rambling speech and stumbling shocked the audience, but Ama has no recollection of the event.

ETA I believe Kerry will abuse drugs again unless she takes some responsibility for her past actions. CAN cannot protect her from life's ups and downs and when she has stress or other problems she will be tempted once more

Thank you for posting that. I did know about Shola's struggle but it serves well to highlight what a talentless waste of oxygen Katona is - she still has a career because of her addiction (though she still denies she was ever an addict:rolleyes:) not despite it.

She makes me want to spit :mad:
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redlippy wrote: »
    She gets the hair strand test too - the results were sent to and read out by Philip Schoefield as being negative during her recent appearance on This Morning. :) The hair strand test confirms she's been "clean" for 6 months according to what Schoefield said :)

Several questions spring to mind:

Any independent proof the hair sample came from KK ?
    Any independent proof that the test results were accurate ?
    Who is doing the testing ?
    Would CAN admit that she'd failed any such test ?

I've been around drug addicts and abusers and yes, her mannerisms and speech patterns say to me "not clean".
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Thank you for posting that. I did know about Shola's struggle but it serves well to highlight what a talentless waste of oxygen Katona is - she still has a career because of her addiction (though she still denies she was ever an addict:rolleyes:) not despite it.

She makes me want to spit :mad:

Plus Shola Ama has a talent and isn't just a commodity to be sold to the highest bidder like KK and her car crash of a life.

Why does anyone have the slightest bit of interest in this dumb woman, her pathetic ex husband and her disaster of a life let alone claim to be a fan? It's beyond me :confused: