Pretence of the results being on Sunday

2»

Comments

• BruciesToupeBruciesToupe Posts: 857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I might actually prefer the Sunday night result show - pre- recorded or not. When they had a straight throu show ( either last year or the year before) we missed out on loads of extra dances, featurescetc and it all felt rushed. Having a Sunday show strings it out and we get more (plus the spoiler thread)... I'll settle for that!
  • gamestatsgamestats Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So how do you feel about all the Christmas shows that enjoin you to have or hope you are having a Merry Christmas but are probably already recorded?

The word's "last night's show" are correct in reference to the expected broadcasting time. Clearly they are incorrect at the time of recording, but then they are also incorrect if viewed from Monday onwards on iplayer. Were they to say, "on Saturday's show" then they are correct.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,797
    Forum Member
    Tom2512 wrote: »
    Its just annoying that its not live as it means I darent come on this forum after 10pm for fear of a spoiler..

Used to ejoy reading all the Saturday night banter

yep i stop coming in here till the results show after that time too. although im really not bothered about this years show so i suppose i could read the spoilers etc but im just used to watching the results show lol
  • scarlottiscarlotti Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twin wrote: »
    Sorry ???:p

Just that these posts bore the arse of me mate!

If a person posts on the DS SCD threads, I'm guessing that any such person probably know the results show is recorded... and, similarly, that that person has possibly been on to the wonderful Saturday night spoiler thread and already knows the result!

The majority of the viewing audience couldn't give two f@cks and the results show is proving to be hugely successful with an audience of 9.5M this Sunday following its massively impressive debut the week before!
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused: frocks ?
  • TasiTasi Posts: 1,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't want to know the result and frightened of seeing it on here. Try 'The Blue Room' forum. The thread is up around 10.30ish and always clearly marked incase someone stumbles on it. You can have a nice chat, no one is nasty and there are many pro dancers on there
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cat.J wrote: »
    In my opinion it is fakery because, on the Sunday show, they refer to "last night's show" etc when it is actually only filmed a few hours after the main show, so they are pretending to be live on Sunday when they are not. And I'm not bothered about what the "rest of TV" does, I was specifically talking about the BBC.
    Well, the BBC, as a broadcaster, cannot be viewed in isolation in that respect (especially when such pretence is indeed generic within the industry).

And seriously, I recall many years ago (in the 60's & 70's) programmes on Christmas night and Boxing Day morning being described and presenters acting as if they were live when it was obvious that they were not. It's always happened, and still does,. that's the fake nature of TV and broadcasting (on a wider note, it's the art of making the unbelievable believable).

Also, I was not comparing it with the Blue Peter competition thing, I was just pointing out that the BBC made a big song and dance after that incident about being honest and upfront from then on
    Which is a comparison in my book (using it and the "clean upfront statement" as an example and comparing it with the Sunday results show), if not in yours. But that's the nature of opinions I guess. They will differ according to interpretation.
    I don't actually care whether they show it on Saturday or Sunday, I'd just prefer it if they stopped pretending, but I'm certainly not going to lose sleep over it!
    And probably many millions more viewers don't care and won't lose sleep over it either. Which is why I regard it as a storm in a teacup.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gamestats wrote: »
    So how do you feel about all the Christmas shows that enjoin you to have or hope you are having a Merry Christmas but are probably already recorded?

The word's "last night's show" are correct in reference to the expected broadcasting time. Clearly they are incorrect at the time of recording, but then they are also incorrect if viewed from Monday onwards on iplayer. Were they to say, "on Saturday's show" then they are correct.

Very good points.
  • mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »

And seriously, I recall many years ago (in the 60's & 70's) programmes on Christmas night and Boxing Day morning being described and presenters acting as if they were live when it was obvious that they were not. It's always happened, and still does,. that's the fake nature of TV and broadcasting (on a wider note, it's the art of making the unbelievable believable).

A couple of years ago, a band were seeing in the New Year with Jules Holland on the Hootenanny at the same time as they were performing live on ITV. Which was impressive :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mindyann wrote: »
    A couple of years ago, a band were seeing in the New Year with Jules Holland on the Hootenanny at the same time as they were performing live on ITV. Which was impressive :D
    Especially so considering that all involved had obviously given up their New Years Eve to appear on the programmes (when most bands give up touring/appearing over Christmas/New Year).
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,459
    Forum Member
    On the subject of Sunday, the contrast in appearance between Claudia and Tess, made the latter, with her bleached blonde hair and garish lipstick look rather "tarty."

I actually thought that Tess looked fabulous - I am sick to death of Claudia being the lady in black and wearing voluminous tents.
    I like Claudia but find her dress sense (pregnant or not) dreadful
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Probably because it was deemed to be on too late for the family audience, and maybe because far more people watch it on a Sunday than ever watched it on a Saturday. More people = wider audience. Wider audience = more people being given something that they enjoy or value.

Considering how dreadful early evening viewing is on the BBC on a Sunday - I would prefer them to switch the whole thing to Sunday!