Zoe or Claudia? You decide...

Comments

• blindsideblindside Posts: 4,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still a tough one to call for me.

I've been taken aback at how fast Zoe slid right into place - but then she does have years of live tv experience and she is such a Strictly fan that she knows how to pitch it right for the audience. The show zips along with her and I too love her bits with Ian.

As for Claudia, my fondness for her dappiness remains. I do think a large part of it is an act - but not entirely. And, dare I say, I always liked her ludicrous dancing segment with Len. I think they have a genuine fondness for one another and I'm chuckling as I type this recalling their ill-fated attempt to recreate the infamous John Sergeant-dragging-Kristina moment.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As people (not that I know either of them personally of course) I like Claudia and Zoe pretty much equally and think they are both excellent at what they do.

But when it comes to ITT I think perhaps Claudia needed not so much to "up her game" as "change her game" a little, as it was all becoming very "been there, seen it"...... Zoe has definitely brought a freshness to the program, and has enough knowledge about dancing to make sensible remarks and commen, while still staying upbeat and cheery.

I'd like to think she'd stay for another few series, but I think is only intended as a stand in for this one year; perhaps though the beeb will keep her involved with the main show - replacement for Tess (how would that work?)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zoe. The nerves of show 1 have gone and she's great.
  • diyqueendiyqueen Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zoe all the way and I hope she stays next year

I think Claudia style was getting a little over played (same old same old) if you know what I mean.
  • YadillohYadilloh Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Claudia for me though I think Zoe is fab too, i enjoy Sundays as celebs & pros seem really relaxed and warm with Claud.

What also really interests me is where are all the people who said so loudly when Alesha was panned that 'we' coudln't manage change?:sleep:

Zoe's an ex contestant, just like Alesha and she's been uniformly (pretty much) positively welcomed into a role which is much bigger, much more part of the fans (& beloved as role) than Alesha's vox pops on a Saturday night.
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer Claudia to Zoe, but Zoe is a good stand in and it feels like she's been doing the show for years.

However, I think the reason Zoe gets seems to fit so much more in, is because she has less to get through in the first place.

All the stupid stuff has been scrapped (well, almost) and the show has gone back to how it was when Claudia first started doing it. The reason Claudia seemed rushed is because the producers kept adding more and more to the show. Now we get decent interviews with two or three couples each night.

The other reason I prefer Claudia to Zoe, is that Zoe speaks at 90 miles a hour and always has. This gives me the impression she's really thinking about what she's going to say next, rather than really listening to what has just been said. I hoped she'd slow down when she settled in to the show, but she hasn't.

I hope Claudia returns next year, but I won't be surprised if she doesn't and will just watch the show with Zoe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    I like Claudia, but she was just going through the motions. I really like the freshness Zoe has bought to this seies.
    LJJohnson wrote: »
    This exactly. Then again, Claudia had done it for so long it's fair she might lose enthusiasm. Right now, I'd take Zoe 100%.
    Tiger Rose wrote: »
    I liked Claudia but it was time for a change and really enjoying the show with Zoe.
    warszawa wrote: »
    zoe again.claudia was great, but it was getting to be the same old routine every night. zoe's really given the show a new lease of life.
    This Zoe vs Claudia has been going on since ITT starts!

I prefer Zoe now. Very much so. Claudia is alright for a short duration in the results show, but I don't think I can stand that ditzy antics for five days now that I can see so much SCD nutrition from Zoe in each 30-minute ITT segment. She's indeed outdone herself, that Zoe.
    sofakat wrote: »
    Zoe is so much better.

I had stopped watching ITT because Claudia was so frazzled, jumpy, tetchy, awkward, badly dressed and - towards the end - totally disinterested in doing the show. She raced through everything and looked a mess.

Please don't come back Claudia.
    Noone wrote: »
    Zoe. ITT has become more interesting and genuinely enthusiastic about the main show. I hope Claudia doesn't return because she didn't seem to actually like or understand dancing at all. I only started watching last year and so perhaps Claudia was better in previous years.

Agree with all these comments :) I actually think Claudia has her eye on 'higher things' (what could possibly be 'higher' than a Strictly spin off show :rolleyes:?!) Zoe is her only rightful successor :cool:

Am I the only person who finds the Results show combo of a tall blonde ex-model/plank, and a tiny dark intellectual (for she is that, even tho' she tries to hide it) doesn't work too well. Just kick Tess off, and leave it to Claudia.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with all these comments :) I actually think Claudia has her eye on 'higher things' (what could possibly be 'higher' than a Strictly spin off show :rolleyes:?!) Zoe is her only rightful successor :cool:

Am I the only person who finds the Results show combo of a tall blonde ex-model/plank, and a tiny dark intellectual (for she is that, even tho' she tries to hide it) doesn't work too well. Just kick Tess off, and leave it to Claudia.

BIB - How did you come to that conclusion?

I don't think Claudia has her eye on anything except saving her marriage.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zoe because she has been through it and can empathise with the contestants.
  • hobbithobbit Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    I'm another one who prefers Zoe. I like the involvement of Ian Waite as well as Karen Hardy too.

I'm going to be well pee'd off if Claudia comes back next year :(

(Bet she's sorry she gave this year a miss now - we'd never have known Zoe would be so good!)
  • PinkStar80PinkStar80 Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like them both but prefer Claudia
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just my 'umble opinion - and I like Zoe.
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't think Claudia has her eye on anything except saving her marriage.
    Is it in trouble? If so I truly hope she and her husband work things out.

I thought she'd recently given birth and that was the reason Zoe has taken over ITT.
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    I'm really liking Zoe, it seems like she's done it all her life!

I liked Claudia, but I think she should stay with the new results show/Len's Lens thing and have Zoe do ITT permanently :)
  • maringarmaringar Posts: 6,737
    Forum Member
    Claudia all the way for me. Love her quirkiness, and hope she comes back next year. Im afraid Zoe annoys me.
  • allyfreeallyfree Posts: 2,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hobbit wrote: »
    I'm another one who prefers Zoe. I like the involvement of Ian Waite as well as Karen Hardy too.

All excellent reasons NOT to watch ITT this year as far as I'm concerned .... can't stand any of them :p
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,542
    Forum Member
    Zoe's getting more in, knows more and she's asking better questions both to the contestants and about their dancing. She's also meant some time expired slots like the lessons with Len have vanished. They have also done well letting her use her knowledge, but without letting it show too much that she is probably better at the dancing than anyone this year will be.
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allyfree wrote: »
    All excellent reasons NOT to watch ITT this year as far as I'm concerned .... can't stand any of them :p

OMG:eek:
    I've finally seen someone on the boards say they don't like Ian.
  • TasiTasi Posts: 1,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither really, but Zoe isn't so irritating and I've started watching it again Claudia isn't in it
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Claudia did a great job for a lot of years, but as others have said, it had got rather stale. Zoe and the revamp has brought a fresh approach so far and I'm enjoying ITT more than I have for some time. However, I'll reserve judgement on the show (rather than the presenter) until they're down to fewer couples and wait to see what they pack it with when there's fewer to interview.
  • piimapoikapiimapoika Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Definitely Zoe. Claudia was an improvement on the beardy bloke who did it before, but she clearly hated ballroom dancing, deliberately mucked up Len's demonstrations, sneered at Erin's "machine" and talked over her while she was trying to explain technical points, and generally showed she considered herself too grand to be associated with anything so plebian. Last year, on a different thread, I said she had improved: but now that I have seen ITT done properly I withdraw this remark.

I hope the powers that be keep Zoe on permanently. Perhaps she could do the results show as well. Even if Claudia was going on to a fancy dress party as Morticia Addams after the show, I consider it very unproffesional not to change.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say I think Zoe's doing a great job, but...I didn't expect so much of her persona to be like Claudia's. The eyeliner, the peering through the fringe, the rapid-fire delivery (Buddy, I actually always found Claudia spoke too fast and didn't seem to consider contestants' replies :D)...

It's almost like getting rid of your old sofa and getting the same model again, in a different fabric. All the bounce your old one used to have, looks different but still somehow the same...
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zoe - but get that fringe sorted out!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just my 'umble opinion - and I like Zoe.

Fair enough! :D
    Ignazio wrote: »
    Is it in trouble? If so I truly hope she and her husband work things out.

I thought she'd recently given birth and that was the reason Zoe has taken over ITT.

It was in trouble over her work commitments in 2008/2009 and every thing seems to be fine now, but my guess (and it is a guess) is having another baby and not doing ITT are all helping.
    I have to say I think Zoe's doing a great job, but...I didn't expect so much of her persona to be like Claudia's. The eyeliner, the peering through the fringe, the rapid-fire delivery (Buddy, I actually always found Claudia spoke too fast and didn't seem to consider contestants' replies :D)...

It's almost like getting rid of your old sofa and getting the same model again, in a different fabric. All the bounce your old one used to have, looks different but still somehow the same...

:D The difference is though, Claudia would say some hilarious things in response to replies! I can't count the number of times when Claudia was presenting, that I had tears rolling down my face or I laughed out loud. I don't see that happening with Zoe, but in exchange we are getting more time with the couples, so it's a good exchange.

Not everyone liked the funny quirky side of Claudia, but I loved it! :D
  • trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noone wrote: »
    Zoe. ITT has become more interesting and genuinely enthusiastic about the main show. I hope Claudia doesn't return because she didn't seem to actually like or understand dancing at all. I only started watching last year and so perhaps Claudia was better in previous years.

As someone has already stated, It was plain last series that Claudia was disinterested in doing ITT. She ended up almost mocking the guests,slots and features in it.