Fern Britton

TasiTasi Posts: 1,950
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Apologies if this is old news, but I rarely see Fern Britton these days.

I caught sight of her on a trailer before the news. Has she gained a bit of weight? I thought how much healthier she looked, not so drawn and haggard. But as I said, it was only a quick glimpse

Comments

• HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand she's replacing Gabby Logan on Ch5 in the mornings for a week or two.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Fern:(

She went out on a high................and then blew it.:yawn:
  • HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, that Ch4 show was abysmal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HenryBane wrote: »
    Yes, that Ch4 show was abysmal.

her entire presenting style on the show was just....:eek:
    she seems much more her This morning Fern on the C5 show at the moment.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,751
    Forum Member

Many think she went out on a lie, which blew it. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've caught a little bit of her stint on Channel 5 and definitly think she's put on a little weight. She looks so much better for it.
  • MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member
    She'll be like a house side again in a few months.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never minded Fern,always found her pleasant on tv. I didn't think it was any of my business knowing about her gastrict band and felt the media went over the top about it.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »

I don't think that's right i4u.

I suggest that the majority couldn't have cared less about the gastric band and genuinely liked her.

Unfortunately (for her) she became a self-absorbed media **** after losing the weight and it has been her behaviour (since losing the weight) that has been her downfall.
  • Lizzie60Lizzie60 Posts: 450
    Forum Member

I suggest that the majority couldn't have cared less about the gastric band and genuinely liked her.

Unfortunately (for her) she became a self-absorbed media **** after losing the weight and it has been her behaviour (since losing the weight) that has been her downfall.

That's what i think too Diamond and if she has gained a little weight all well and good she looks much better for it.

If folk are waiting for her to balloon again I'm sorry for her. If she does gain a lot of weight, it may be a blessing in disguise to the public, some of whom think a band is the answer to weight loss. It isn't, I've seen patients with gastric bands liquidise mars bars!
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was on the front cover of a womens mag I picked up in the dentists and she looks to have gained quite a lot of weight this year. The mag are estimating 2 stone gain.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »

I agree with this. IMO, she alienated (sic) so many of her core fans who felt duped by her lack of transparency over the gastric band, especially as she had been banging on about loosing weight through exercise and healthy eating.
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I agree with this. IMO, she alienated (sic) so many of her core fans who felt duped by her lack of transparency over the gastric band, especially as she had been banging on about loosing weight through exercise and healthy eating.

I thought she was lovely but after the fiasco of the gastric band, her rather arrogant "apology" on This Morning and her behaviour since, it has turned me off. Her Autobiography did her no favours either. She came across as a happy lady who managed to juggle career, marriage and kids and although overweight was quite beautiful in a mother earth sort of way. She was one of us and NO I am not 20 stone and jealous!!!. After reading the book I realised it was all PR and she is actually, very depressed and rather odd!! I noticed on her Talk Show she was NOT a good presenter. She was great on This Morning with Phil but alone she just seemed desperate to make a go of it and it showed. Doing the splits and wearing awfully sausage looking tight dresses with enormous heels just looked daft.
  • alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    HenryBane wrote: »
    I understand she's replacing Gabby Logan on Ch5 in the mornings for a week or two.

What show is this, all I can see is kids shows on C5 in the mornings??

http://www.channel5.com/schedule?date=2012-08-15&page=1
  • littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alienpanda wrote: »
    What show is this, all I can see is kids shows on C5 in the mornings??

http://www.channel5.com/schedule?date=2012-08-15&page=1

This thread is from April. They've stopped the show since then.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I didn't care how she lost the weight but I objected to her sellng fitness dvd's and implying that was how she lost the weight! Surely that is a breach of the trade description act!

I also laughed when she said she was leaving morning tv to spend time with her family and then popped up all over the place