Lorne Spicer (Cash in the Attic)

TasiTasi Posts: 1,950
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I could never understand why Lorne Spicer was so vilified on here for what she wore and how she looked. I saw her yesterday, on Cash in the Attic. I haven't seen it for some time and was shocked at the state of her. A bloated and blowsy face in a tight dress. So tight, that it stretched alarmingly over her tummy, and you could see the indentation of her tummy button. A short hemline added to the disaster finishing above a pair of fat bulging knees.
I'm no light weight. It must be 40 years since I got into a size 12, but I dress to suit my size 16 figure.
Does she pick her own wardrobe for the show or does she have to wear what she is given?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    In a past life, when I used to watch alot of BBC daytime TV, I could never work out how she got so much work. I would assume that a presenter is chosen because they either have a knowledge of what they are presenting or are pleasant to watch or listen to. She seems to fail on all counts, and doesn't even appear to show much warmth to those who appear on the shows.
    But despite all this, surely someone on the production team could advise on her appearance. That's easily remedied.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :rolleyes:I can only assume that to get work in the first place she must have know someone in the right position very very well indeed. Quite honestly I have seen more attractive and talented Lorne sausages and her silly up and down voice gets on my nerves. Of course the most amusing thing about her is that she used to advise people on their finances then went bankrupt herself. Not very good at much it seems. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I remember correctly there used to be some rumours about how she treated her 'staff', nannies and the like. Can anyone fill me in on the details?
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katetow wrote: »
    In a past life, when I used to watch alot of BBC daytime TV, I could never work out how she got so much work.

I would assume that a presenter is chosen because they either have a knowledge of what they are presenting or are pleasant to watch or listen to. She seems to fail on all counts, and doesn't even appear to show much warmth to those who appear on the shows
    But despite all this, surely someone on the production team could advise on her appearance. That's easily remedied.

I have thought for ages now that she comes across as seriously peed off about something all the time and has all the charm and warmth of a rattlesnake.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,007
    Forum Member
    Butterface wrote: »
    I have thought for ages now that she comes across as seriously peed off about something all the time and has all the charm and warmth of a rattlesnake.

I don't really care what she looks like - she's just crap! A talentless bint who must surely have got the job through knowing someone. I only watch CITA when Gloria Hunniford is presenting it - she's the only one who shows genuine warmth and concern.

Mind you - the show itself is annoying. Why don't the people who take part admit that the only reason they're doing it is to be on telly! Half the time the money they so desperately want to raise could be found if they just looked down behind their chesterfield sofas. There was a bloke on the other day who was selling something that he paid thousands of pounds for a few years back - these people don't need the money!
  • gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    she cant be that good isnt she bankrupt?
  • Viscount ByronViscount Byron Posts: 1,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These threads are worthless, DS should have a policy that if you're going to bash somebody's looks your picture should be posted as mandatory also before you can do so.
  • TasiTasi Posts: 1,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These threads are worthless, DS should have a policy that if you're going to bash somebody's looks your picture should be posted as mandatory also before you can do so.

I started the thread can't post a picture, but here goes what I look like: I'm well in my 60's,a once green eyed red head size 10/12 dress and 5'5". The figure went years ago.:D I am now a size 16 dress occassionally a 14, wear reading glasses and my hair colour is 'chemically enhanced' I have rheumatism and gallstones.

I once wore Mary Quant mini skirts in the dim and distance past, but now dress more suitably to my 'fuller figure' and the platform shoes went years ago! Have a nice day Byron, What are the floods like with you? My husband is seriously thinking of building an ark