Options

Episodes – BBC2 – Mondays 10pm

Comments

• Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Yeah, being a joint UK/US venture has resulted in a strange 9 episode series.
  • Options
    MoleskinMoleskin Posts: 3,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching a Family Guy episode "Brian Griffin's House of Payne" which was aired a year before Episodes and it has the almost exact same plot as Episodes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Griffin's_House_of_Payne
  • Options
    auntiemauntiem Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    I am just loving this. Have watched since the first episode.

It doesn't matter to me that some points aren't a laugh a minute, I feel more involved with the characters.

And I love Matt Le Blanc. I was never a fan of friends but I now have a huge girl crush on him.

So pleased to read it has a 4th season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Matt talking about his threesome was funny - also his attitude to the break up and feeling miffed that his stalker has left him :D

but the rest wasn't really very good. I thought it got tiring the to go betweens him and the US agent wanting to make the show.

Kathleen Rose Perkings being shagged over the couch not too bad though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only just noticed that the new boss' therapist is played by the guy who plays Barry Kripke in The Big Bang Theory.
  • Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Bev is being unreasonable by not allowing Sean to do their new pilot
  • Options
    HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have not seen S 1 or S2 . My other half introduced me to this and I am loving this series . Very funny , clever script . Will have to get previous series on catch up .
  • Options
    mustard99mustard99 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have not seen S 1 or S2 . My other half introduced me to this and I am loving this series . Very funny , clever script . Will have to get previous series on catch up .

If you are loving S3 then you will definitely love S1&2. Well worth watching.
  • Options
    milkybarnickmilkybarnick Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent again this week - and a couple of appearances by Captain Sinker off Swashbuckle too!
  • Options
    clara28clara28 Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I think Matt le Blanc is so brilliant in this!

Loved the scene with his 'parents'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That was a good scene. I do think they're dragging out this script thing though.
    I guess next week they'll be persuaded to stay and this will be the S4 plot.
  • Options
    catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clara28 wrote: »

I thought it was supposed to be his father and stepmother? Anyway, yes, it was good. I can't wait for the next episode, and I haven't felt like that much during this series. But I still wish they would get rid of the new boss and bring Merc back.
  • Options
    Fireball XL5Fireball XL5 Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the new boss is an utter failure as a character. Hopefully he will be gone in series 4.
  • Options
    Mr CellophaneMr Cellophane Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the new boss is an utter failure as a character. Hopefully he will be gone in series 4.

Yep, get rid of him, and then Carol can finally take the helm - she must realise that she has to be better than him at the job!

Then we would get to see even more of the delicious Kathleen Rose, which would be excellent!
  • Options
    poshnoshposhnosh Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clara28 wrote: »

Agree.

Matt Le Blanc playing himself is so much better than Matt Le Blanc playing Joey Tribianni.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    It's probably supposed to be a satire of the TV industry, getting in some young hipster when there was a perfectly suitable person there to take over but atleast with Merc we saw some work.

The new guy has nothing to add to the show, which is about Pucks. He wanted to cancel it and Carol stopped that but that was it. What's his involvment supposed to be now?
    Yep, get rid of him, and then Carol can finally take the helm - she must realise that she has to be better than him at the job!

Then we would get to see even more of the delicious Kathleen Rose, which would be excellent!
    I posted previously what I thought they might be doing with the new boss.

I agree though that Carol would be better in the role.
    I'd like to see more of her. She has nice abs ;)
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    djfunnyman wrote: »
    I think Bev is being unreasonable by not allowing Sean to do their new pilot
    Well, she doesn't really know all of what's gone on. Plus she's right about the flattery. We had scenes where the woman who liked the script has treated her underlings like dirt, so she's not genuinely nice and will likely turn nasty as soon as a contract is signed. Her boss at the lunch meeting was doing the "we are not worthy" bowing down, which again is over-the-top flattery.

Presumably they only have the pilot written, so if they have to write a whole season the quality may drop to Pucks! levels and they'll be terribly unhappy again.
  • Options
    Mr CellophaneMr Cellophane Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Waiting impatiently for the last episode, I watched last week's again. Carol being mad with Beverly whilst they were out 'exercising' was just classic! And that weird arm movement - so funny.

I just love Kathleen Rose Perkins (so if Castor isn't interested anymore......)
  • Options
    Stone FreeStone Free Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, lovely lady - just seen her in a HIMYM repeat on 4HD as the huggy lady at New Years eve, the one with not-Moby!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given this series is shot in London using a lot of green screen there must be good odds on the next series being set in London.
  • Options
    The WulfrunianThe Wulfrunian Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moleskin wrote: »
    Given this series is shot in London using a lot of green screen there must be good odds on the next series being set in London.

Given the three series have all been filmed the same way I'm not sure why you would draw that conclusion?
  • Options
    JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,103
    Forum Member
    Moleskin wrote: »

After seeing the final episode I think it may be set in London too.
  • Options
    MrBingMrBing Posts: 2,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why but I find nasal Eileen so amusing.

"Hiiii Sean it's Eileeeeen, now don't be mad..."

"I cannot not answer a phone".

:D
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting Les Moonves to appear as himself is a good sign that this show is quite well regarded over the pond.

Anybody else not be too bothered if Tamsin Greig wasn`t in the next one? Loved Love Soup and many other things she`s done but her character is just an annoyance in this now.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Brilliant comic timing. And a great ass too, which doesn`t hurt! :D