Launderette service wash

Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
Forum Member
✭✭
A controversial and thought-provoking topic for you all...

I have a washing machine but no dryer (well actually it's a washer-dryer but I don't think the drying component is all that great) and now that I buy king sized bedding I just cannot be bothered to wash and dry them myself so I think I would like to take them to my laundrette for a service wash.

I haven't checked out their prices yet but I would like to ask you people who get service washes - how much do you pay per load? Or does your local charge you by weight?

Comments

• spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    last time i used a launderette the service wash was 10 pound that was for a quite a large bag
  • DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My launderette would charge the price of the machine (£4-5), the cost of the drying (probably £2-3 for sheets and duvet covers) and another £2 for the service. That may be double for drying, but I can't remember offhand. So say £10 -£12.
  • DarthGoreDarthGore Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    erm..... do laundrettes even exist any more??? (apart from Dot's time warp in Eastenders)
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DarthGore wrote: »
    erm..... do laundrettes even exist any more??? (apart from Dot's time warp in Eastenders)

yup not everyone has access to a washing machine because their flats are to small
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DarthGore wrote: »
    Yes, there are two within two mins' walk from my place.

I am also considering using them for all my stuff in the winter, as I find it difficult to dry stuff in really cold and wet weather, I hate it putting laundry racks up inside my flat because it just makes the place look messy. Plus I don't want to risk getting mould on the walls.
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spookyLX wrote: »
    last time i used a launderette the service wash was 10 pound that was for a quite a large bag
    DaisyBill wrote: »
    My launderette would charge the price of the machine (£4-5), the cost of the drying (probably £2-3 for sheets and duvet covers) and another £2 for the service. That may be double for drying, but I can't remember offhand. So say £10 -£12.
    I am guessing around £12 which would be fine, if they want to charge me more than that, I will have to reconsider.

I hate ironing bedding though, it took me ages last time. I realised that ironing the bedding on the bed itself was the best method, but even that was a big chore! Especially with my kitten running around (I had to shut her out of the room in the end). I like that the service wash includes ironing.