What was going on in Soap world at the time you joined DS

enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just checked , i joined in Feb 2012 and around that time , Ian and Mandy were getting Married/

Comments

• Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jan 2014 - Kat and Alfie had just found out they were having twins in EastEnders and Hayley was dying in Corrie. Think Rachel was leaving in Emmerdale.
  • SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Aug 2012 - EE Kats affair was still on going and just getting ready for Sharons return and Ben leaving.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    April 2007 - I remember posting straight away on the Sean Slater appreciation thread!! Sean was a huge character back then.

I was loving Deano as well - the Shirley/Carly/Deano stuff was going on then too.
  • Paul_Palmer89Paul_Palmer89 Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woolpack Seige in Emmerdale & Michael Moon was close to being bumped off in EE.
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did actually join years ago but only made one or two posts. forgot my log in so had to make a new one.

so feb. cant remembr why I rejoined must of had something to say!

just looked back at my posts. shabnam had returned. the lauren/jake storyline was ending
  • Louise_HartLouise_Hart Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    back in April, Lucy had just been murdered I think:confused:
  • grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Paul was being raped and Sienna in the metal hospital. In hollyoaks.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    April 2011- Cora's arrival in EastEnders.
  • TorchwoodBoyTorchwoodBoy Posts: 564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it was August 2012... Ronnie still wasn't back and I was having a total breakdown.

Pretty sure it was the beginning of the end, Derek, Alice, Joey all soon to arrive and I had no idea of the hellish year in front of me... but then, September 2013 came... and so did Ronnie.

And all was good again.
  • MikaRimmerMikaRimmer Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    July 2011
    Kat and Alfie got Tommy back, Ronnie was getting sent down, Eddie Vs Jean, Anthony made his appearance, Christian and Syed were planning to adopt, Ricky left, Billy discovers he has a grand-daughter (Lola), oh and Tanya and Max were sneaking around and who could forget, Bubbly in the fridge.
  • dale0693dale0693 Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In September 2012 (2 years ago)

Kat was having that horrible affair storyline then her and Alfie went on holiday for a few weeks when Alfie found out but he didn't know who it was,
    Janine abandoned her daughter for 7 months and didn't come back until April 2013
    and I think that was the same month Jack and Sharon became a couple and it was a year after Ronnie left and a year before she returned but I remember expecting her to return in 2012 but I had to wait another year :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MikaRimmer wrote: »
    Kat and Alfie got Tommy back, Ronnie was getting sent down, Eddie Vs Jean, Anthony made his appearance, Christian and Syed were planning to adopt, Ricky left, Billy discovers he has a grand-daughter (Lola), oh and Tanya and Max were sneaking around and who could forget, Bubbly in the fridge.

I miss those 2011 days of EastEnders
  • BertypopBertypop Posts: 4,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, crikey, December 2007, Stacey and Max's affair was just about to be discovered and Ronnie was just about to start a relationship with a new arrival - Jack Branning
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    The (soap-related) threads I created from when I first joined:

February 2007 http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=539323
    Why has Tracy let her guard down now she's killed Charlie? At first I thought it was another part of her plan but when she started going out night after night and dumping Amy with whoever she can find I'm starting to think it isn't. Why has she suddenly started acting like this? Especially how she was so careful down to the very last detail when interacting with the other people on the street so she could get them all on side? It's a bit unrealistic how she's suddenly thrown all that out the window - especially as she's not got off with it all yet.

April 2007 http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=559856
    Are Neighbours really expecting us to believe that little Oscar Scully picked up Lyn's phone and used it to phone Paul where he had a good old natter about playing 'horsie' with Paul!? From all the time he's on the show I don't think i've heard him say one word that I remotely recognise! Pete Doherty is more coherent!

July 2007 http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=612174
    I don't know if they're true but over the past months I've read different things regarding who's going and along with others mentioned, it included Warren, Louise and Calvin.

I think Calvin pushed Clare and she knows he did it. Calvin is so obsessed with getting the story straight with Louise pretending its for her when really its to cover his own tracks. Meanwhile Warren is going to try and get Mercedes to own up but I don't think she will. The case will go to court and there will be a big drama and in the end Clare turns it around so she gets everyone sent down: Calvin for doing it, Louise for obstructing the course of justice (i don't know if that's the right term ) and then in a further twist, she enlists the help of Justin (remember they had heart to heart a while back and she was grateful for him not telling Warren she called the police?) and he confesses that Warren was the one that killed Sean and says what they did with the body.
  • storyofmylifestoryofmylife Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    August 2013 but I was a lurker before then. Peter and all that lot went on their camping trip, money got stolen and Lauren found out about Joey and Whitney. Plus Ian and Denise were questioning their relationship.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    April 2014 when Katie had just died in Hollyoaks
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    24th September 2004 - nearly ten years!!

EastEnders - Sam Mitchell had just married Andy Hunter, mad Sarah Cairns was trying to steal Martin Fowler away from Sonia, the Miller family had just arrived, Sharon and Dennis's simmering romance is just coming to the fore while the Moons still reign at the Vic. Meanwhile off-screen, producer Lorraine Berridge had resigned days earlier with Kathleen Hutchison announced as her replacement.

Coronation Street - Todd Grimshaw makes his exit from the Street, while Maya Sharma ramps up her revenge on Sunita Parekh by marrying in her name. Shelley Unwin moves Charlie Stubbs in to the Rovers as Tyrone Dobbs's hopes of reuniting with Maria Sutherland are dashed when she takes up with new boy Jamie Baldwin. Karen McDonald's desperation to get pregnant prompts Tracy Barlow to christen her 'Barren Karen'.

Emmerdale - Pearl's son Frank Bernard is getting out of prison and causing grief for Pearl in the village - particularly from Viv Windsor, who leads the campaign against his arrival when she finds out he was convicted for rape. Chloe goes for a job interview at the King's haulage company, gleefully beating out applicant Katie Sugden, meanwhile Chas Dingle clashes with Carl King's wife Colleen. Steph Stokes has been drugging Turner and keeping him bed-ridden, so when Shelley Williams returns and wants to see Alan, Steph ties her up and locks her in the cellar.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    November 2010 - EastEnders
    Some snippets on Google that came from the EastEnders website....

BBC One - EastEnders, 11/11/2010
    An excited Ronnie prepares for her wedding day, unaware that her husband-to-be is missing.

BBC One - EastEnders, 01/11/2010
    With a train fast approaching, Ryan gets Lily out of the car and carries her to safety. Janine can't open her door, and desperately tries to start the car.

BBC One - EastEnders, 15/11/2010
    Max struggles to contain an unstable Lauren. Stacey teeters on the brink of confessing.

BBC One - EastEnders, 29/11/2010
    A desperate Ryan tries to track down Stacey and Lily - but will Kat lead him to them?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    November 2010 - EastEnders
    Some snippets on Google that came from the EastEnders website....

BBC One - EastEnders, 11/11/2010
    An excited Ronnie prepares for her wedding day, unaware that her husband-to-be is missing.

BBC One - EastEnders, 01/11/2010
    With a train fast approaching, Ryan gets Lily out of the car and carries her to safety. Janine can't open her door, and desperately tries to start the car.

BBC One - EastEnders, 15/11/2010
    Max struggles to contain an unstable Lauren. Stacey teeters on the brink of confessing.

BBC One - EastEnders, 29/11/2010
    A desperate Ryan tries to track down Stacey and Lily - but will Kat lead him to them?

Hard to believe that was nearly four years ago.
  • OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member
    I think it was the Goon Brothers terrible week with the boxing match. I think I joined specifically to express my displeasure at the episodes. :D
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    April 2007 - I remember posting straight away on the Sean Slater appreciation thread!! Sean was a huge character back then.

I was loving Deano as well - the Shirley/Carly/Deano stuff was going on then too.
    None of this surprises me ;-) I was a big fan of Sean back then too actually. Liked Deano, I always did, just really hated Kevin. He was too hammy to take seriously.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hard to believe that was nearly four years ago.

I agree, I can't believe next year will 5 years since the live episode
  • narobi83narobi83 Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    MARCH 2010

EE - The aftermath of Bradley's death and Stacey's confession.

CS - Gail was being investigated for Joe's death

EM - Aaron was struggling with being gay
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dale0693 wrote: »
    I agree, I can't believe next year will 5 years since the live episode

And Bradley's death. It's nearly 5 years this year since Archie was killed. I can always remember the good stuff in EastEnders and never remember the awful stuff from 2011 onwards when BK joined.
  • CUP OF TEAAA!CUP OF TEAAA! Posts: 4,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I joined in Feb 2010, I think we all know what was happening in EE at that time! :D

However I was lurking for many years before that, probably since 2005 ish.