Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who knows.

Moving on... I am dying for the new album!!!!
  • Holte139Holte139 Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    I was surprised as well with what The Sun said about their worth. The article that came with it meant that the maths didn't add up because they were talking about the book deal (worth 75,000 according to them) and an endorsement deal of 50,000 each.
  • RayforeverRayforever Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    Thats why i say dont worry about Simon. He tried to sabotage Will Young's career and it did not work. We knew he never cared about LM suince they won. Its frustrating but they are almost done with Syco anyway.

They have a good enough fanbase that if they left they could continue if they wish.

He still does it now on the Xfactor if he thinks someone is going to get in the way of his winner he will talk their talent down till they are out the show.

I think allot of LM fans will get more angry/upset as this series goes on when 5H appear on the show Simon will big them up so much.

he is all about the money
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show intro said it all: "the NEXT big thing". With XF it seems like they have a sell by date of 3 years on how they regard their own artists.

Edited to XF instead of Syco. Il Divo is still going strong.
  • ShaynaJayShaynaJay Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah so I slept through the performance but just saw the clip on youtube, I liked the whole get up it was different. I do like though that every time the girls do a big tv performance of the song, no two versions are the same.

Also my timeline is piiiiiiiiiissed at Simon and even Leigh's mum wants to see a clip of this, I love that she she is so active on twitter, she may as well just be Mixers HQ.
  • siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree with Simon being all about the money, it's not like LM are doing badly. Like others had said, had he been there on their series I think he would have been more supportive. I know he used to tweet about XF for the series he was doing, was he championing someone else? He just doesn't seem to be a fan if them for some reason, it's a shame because they have the potential to be huge and if he wanted he could give then an extra hand in that.
  • Holte139Holte139 Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Has the Daily Mail slagged off the performance and/or styling yet?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Just caught the performance, really nice stage presentation and good to see them doing something different though it's with a song I've had enough of by now. Vocals mostly good although they had trouble getting on top of them and delivering them with power in a few spots. Just one or two small lines from Perrie and Jade a non-hardcore fan probably wouldn't even notice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    The show intro said it all: "the NEXT big thing". With XF it seems like they have a sell by date of 3 years on how they regard their own artists.

Edited to XF instead of Syco. Il Divo is still going strong.
    Well they are
    probably coming after even 1D with the 8-piece boyband they form at bootcamp this year.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to hype another girl group in the next year or two. Maybe he thinks 5H will take the UK by storm this fall, but he's just pissed off a big chunk of their most likely new fans, and anyway they need to worry about selling more than LM on their own home turf first...

Antagonizing LM is dumb, their fanbase is one of the biggest demos Simon sells to and they are well-linked with current cash cows like 1D....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    siriusrose wrote: »
    I disagree with Simon being all about the money, it's not like LM are doing badly.

I think LM are doing very well actually, esp. when I read from an insider that Neon Jungle are getting close to being dropped. So far, LM have been the only UK girl group since The Saturdays formed to become established. However, I think Cowell only recognizes explosive growth.
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    Salute (different cover) still among the best sellers here after physicals being released only last month, nice to see them besides maroon 5's album
    this is on a library in Sao Paulo (Im from rio but whatever):
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bxhn_9KIIAAZIBS.jpg:large
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    felpcalibas, how do you think LM have been doing in Brazil overall?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair Simon HATED that girl group. So perhaps if they get to lives he is setting them up to fail. However those three girls who did "little me" he likely wont set up. Just my hunch.
    Forum Member
    well enough, they wouldn't sell out a tour here; smaller fan base than 5th harmony due to the american version being aired here at the time, not the british; they've done well, not fantastically because our radios basically play what americans are listening (Rather Be just now started being played cause just now's been gaining airplay over there for example). What would be great for them would be getting a spot at the Rock In Rio main stage next year, it is fully televised and lots, lots and lots of people watch - it is also broadcasted on youtube if I'm not mistaken, but they'd need at least a proper ww hit til there and they'd still be the first or second act

heres 2013's lineup:
    Friday, 13 September: Beyoncé, David Guetta, Ivete Sangalo, Cazuza Tribute
    Saturday, 14 September: Muse, Florence and the Machine, Thirty Seconds to Mars, Capital Inicial.
    Sunday, 15 September: Justin Timberlake, Alicia Keys, Jessie J, Jota Quest.
    Thursday, 19 September: Metallica, Alice in Chains, Ghost BC, Sepultura.
    Friday, 20 September: Bon Jovi, Nickelback, Matchbox Twenty, Frejat.
    Saturday, 21 September: Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, John Mayer, Phillip Phillips, Skank.
    Sunday, 22 September: Iron Maiden, Avenged Sevenfold, Slayer, Kiara Rocks.

as you can see theres only 1 day that'd fit their genre, but I believe that if jessie j made it, they could with a hit. 5h are already coming this year btw, to a much smaller festival dedicated to teenagers though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What if they went and held 2 theater shows and appeared at smaller concerts? They could sell that much couldnt they? Something similar to what they did in Japan a little while ago.
    Forum Member
    Yeah I guess they could, big cities though
  • luner_45luner_45 Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    you guys have it all wrong here. Simon is ignorant for completely leaving LM out of the picture and saying there is no big girl group in the UK, I mean LM have had that market since 2011. But this whole Simon only cares about Fifth Harmony is also wrong as well. Sure it seemed like that in the beginning of 2013 when they were actually doing a 1D style of Pop Music. However ever since the Fifth Harmony girls went into a Urban Direction(Ala Danity Kane + Destiny's child) you can just tell he has a lack of enthusiasm for those girls. Heck I doubt he has even heard BO$$, let alone seen the music video.

He just doesn't care about girl groups, and when he does he wants them to be able to replicate that image and success of a certain boyband rather than being separate entities.
    but can you blame him? Besides 1D he has also experienced success with WestLife in the past. its his own fault for refusing to sign the Spice Girls, Thats what happens when your boyband crazy and not open to the idea that girl groups are something else.

And as for Fifth Harmony going to the UK, No such thing has been confirmed. I know Bo$$ is being released in the UK in October but I don't think they're actually going to visit. And considering Urban songs like Bo$$ don't do well in the UK market who can blame them? Why promote a song in a certain place when you know those type of songs don't catch on? I don't expect to see 5H perform on XF UK, But I can guarantee that LM will be performing, and that's something to look forward too I guess.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon had 5ive too, didnt he? I put the boyband thing down to a lower threshold to get initial success than girl groups. He just doesnt want to put in the hard work (aka, money and time investment). Note that I think its him, his staff seems willing.
  • luner_45luner_45 Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    Simon had 5ive too, didnt he? I put the boyband thing down to a lower threshold to get initial success than girl groups. He just doesnt want to put in the hard work (aka, money and time investment). Note that I think its him, his staff seems willing.

This too, I mean its no secret girls work harder in the industry than Boys, 1D didn't even had to work hard to catch onto mainstream success b/c them being boys and being somewhat attractive was good enough to generate massive hype. If no one is gonna put the money, time and hard work into investing a girl group, you can't expect it to work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On a different note.., i tweeted ITVbe the idea of setting up a focumentary for the girls new album. I got a tweet back "ooh good one! love little mix too!".

Obviously, its just a social media person doing the itvbe accounts. But you never know. They are still going to be a new channel for women. Maybe theyll pass the idea along. *shrugs*

Ohh

Edit:

Yes lunar, you may be right about simon and 5h's genre switch. I think it was a valid reason perhaps last year. But as of right now.... We will see. I do agree this entire 5h vs Lm is tedious now. Our target of displeasure shouldnt be them.
  • EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Randomly, 'Salute' (the single) is at #1007 in the US. Any reason?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's ITVbe?

What was Salute before in the US?

The song is #150 for the night in the UK, a 110 place jump.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Epic, modest is still showing LM videos at the 1d concerts. They just had the 3 night thing in LA. So perhaps that is why?

I also suspect "Palladium" may have bombed. I dont see any huge bumps for anyone who were featured.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's ITVbe?

What was Salute before in the US?

iTVbe is a new channel from itv. It is launching in October. Target audience is YOUNG females. "Only was is essex" is moving to that channel. But im sure ratings will drop a bit.

Ohhh and what i WISH team mix would do is find a big act who is willing to take LM on as sole opening act. Much like PINk for JT, PCD for Britney, Kesha for Rihanna,etc...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Now appearing: KISS and Little Mix" Well you know Gene Simmons is up for it.
This discussion has been closed.