The Departed (2006) C4 @ 10pm

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 468
Forum Member
Plot: Two just-graduated officers from Massachusetts State Police Academy follow opposite sides of the law: William Costigan is assigned to work undercover with the Irish mobster Frank Costello to get evidences to arrest him. His true identity is only known by his superiors Dignam and Oliver Queenan. The protégée of Costello, Colin Sullivan, is promoted in the Massachusetts State Police and is the informer of Costello. Each police officer gives his best effort trying to disclose the identity of the other "rat".

81836-large.jpg

Fantastic film If you haven't seen it, UK telly has been showing quite a lot of recent films now days, usually you had to wait a good 4-5 years for this films to be shown.

PS: Sorry if this is the wrong section to post. :D

Comments

• Triple-PTriple-P Posts: 2,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    very good film.

i was suprised to see it broadcast so soon on terrestrial tv. but i guess 3 years is the standard now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,741
    Forum Member
    Seen this film a few times and never get tired. Truly exceptional.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Great film, apparently Infernal Affairs (film it is based on) is better though? Haven't seen it so can't comment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nick334 wrote: »
    Great film, apparently Infernal Affairs (film it is based on) is better though? Haven't seen it so can't comment.

It is much better, but the Departed is pretty great.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nick334 wrote: »

Love The Departed. Haven't seen Infernal Affairs, but really want to...which is lucky, as it's on Film4, on Monday @ 10:50pm.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    I would give Infernal Affairs 2 a miss though.