Options

Strange names for kids (chav?)

Comments

• Options
    Binky WinkyBinky Winky Posts: 4,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    better than the unimaginative sheep who call their kid Jack.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cosmo wrote: »
    There's a kid in my son's school called Rommell.

F***ing Rommell!! I ask you.
    The parents were probably tanked up when they chose it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my dog is called Erwin after Rommell, although he is a dog not a kid. I knew a Destiny and a Kimbly...mother too thick to spell Kimberley :o

It's ok for a dog but not a child. I had a rabbit named Oswald... after Oswald Mosley. :cool:
  • Options
    morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know of a Scrumpy (boy)
  • Options
    fizzycatfizzycat Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    I'm waiting to see a Bonjela or Sambuca. It's got to happen. :D

There has already been a Savlon, only her mum changed the spelling to Savelonne to make it 'prettier'. (Read it in Take a Break at the dentist's a while ago).

Parisetamolle, anyone? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzycat wrote: »
    There has already been a Savlon, only her mum changed the spelling to Savelonne to make it 'prettier'. (Read it in Take a Break at the dentist's a while ago).

Coco-demelle???:D

I love Rommell..sort of...I have a son called Ellis and a daughter called Romy, so it's kind of nice to me! I also have a Marlow (baby son) and we are as far from being chavs as is possible!

LMAO though at mistakenly recieving cards for Ellwood, Romerio and Merlin though!!!:D:D:D
  • Options
    jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    twingle wrote: »
    My friend a teacher was telling me years ago she spoke to a mother on phone for registering her son at school- said his name was gooey :eek: She asked where she got the name from as it was so unusual and she said she had read it in a book

Anyway when the registration papers came back, his name was written as Guy!

Are you sure your friend wasn't winding you up?? I seem to remember watching an episode of Auf Wiedersein Pet recently (the one where they rebuild the Transporter Bridge in Arizona) and Moxy told that exact same story about his nephew being called Gooey and his sister read it in book and thought it unusual.....
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like Dyson and Broccoleigh.
    However, I once taught a girl who's middle name was Everton Football Club. She kept very quiet about it, but it was on her school records.
    Every September when we looked through the new intake we would look out for "unusual" names - chances are the kid would be a brat. And they usually were.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BeesKneez wrote: »
    Our free local rag had a beautiful baby comp; the strange names were too many to list but the one that stood out for me was Keymystery!

That must surely date from a wife-swapping party in which she never found out the identity of the man whose key she chose?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »
    I quite like Dyson and Broccoleigh.

Broccoleigh! [Swoon] If ONLY I wasn't past child-bearing age... :(

I once met a man whose son was called Akaash. I asked him why he had chosen it. "It was just that I liked the meaning," he explained. Oh, and what does it mean? "I can't remember."
  • Options
    Red WhineRed Whine Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mieke is a dutch name, so it could just be mis-pelled.
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EmilyJEG wrote: »
    My Grandma was a teacher and knew two sisters - Melody and Harmony :rolleyes:

I volunteered at a crèche for a short while last year - there was a "Jaden" and a "Kaden" (not siblings, fortunately!)... I know they're really popular names at the moment (with a few different spellings), and I just don't understand it :o I also volunteered at a school and there was a girl called Tia-Leoni (I'm fairly sure that was her name) and another called Meeka. They aren't really strange names I suppose, but not the sort of thing I'd choose (well, perhaps for a cat lol).

I quite like Melody and Harmony in a hippy sort of way.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jarryhack wrote: »
    Are you sure your friend wasn't winding you up?? I seem to remember watching an episode of Auf Wiedersein Pet recently (the one where they rebuild the Transporter Bridge in Arizona) and Moxy told that exact same story about his nephew being called Gooey and his sister read it in book and thought it unusual.....

LOL but she is a teacher she wouldn't make things up :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fizzycat wrote: »

Not chavvy at all but I was once treated by a very good breast surgeon called Tena Walters. :D
  • Options
    Katia_StormKatia_Storm Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tass wrote: »
    Maybe the conception was one of those keys-in-a-bowl wife swapping things :confused::p:D

Oh God LOL.
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    better than the unimaginative sheep who call their kid Jack.

More entertaining for sure.
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My work collegue was dealing with someone called Happiness (Happy for short) :eek:

I am not a fan of double-barrelled first names (if that is what you call them? I thought double-barrelled means surnames? Anyhoo)

IMO, people should just pick one nice, classic, strong name
  • Options
    Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BrumBall wrote: »
    Why did you name your dog after a nazi? :confused:

Someone didn't listen in history did they?;)

Anyhow, my brother goes to school with a Jesikka - spelled like that!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    My friend called her daughter Pagan.For some reason quiet a few people were outraged by it.I can not understand why as all it means is country dweller from the Latin word paganus and not one who worships false gods; an idolater; a heathen; one who is neither a Christian, a Mohammedan, nor a Jew as some people like to think.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One member of my husband's family has a little girl called Candalaria, Candy for short.

Why not go the whole hog - and call her CANDIDA!? :eek::D
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My wife works in a school and all the kids who have these so called 'New Age' names like Reece, Callum or Paige etc are all naughty kids. Why? Well maybe it's something to do with the liberal attitudes of the parents who think these names are cool. In my experience alot of the parents who name their kids those kind of names are the kind of people who don't discipline their kids and have a very laid back attitude to life and let their kids behave how they like. The whole 'Free Spirit' types that believe children should have totall freedom to behave how they like.

I'm not saying every parent who name their kids weird names are like that but it does make me question their mentality/maturity and how that attitude will in turn reflect on their offspring.
  • Options
    Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HALibutt wrote: »
    Why not go the whole hog - and call her CANDIDA!? :eek::D

How about Chlamydia :confused:

That's a pretty catchy name. :D
  • Options
    Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    BrumBall wrote: »
    Why did you name your dog after a nazi? :confused:

Hint...not everyone who fought on the Axis side was a Nazi.
  • Options
    LnMidnaLnMidna Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Mia-Bella and Forlan are that bad!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard of Diesel before, infact i met him (he was about 2 at the time) - he was out shopping with his little mate - Denim (their mum's were best mates apparently) ... i was open mouthed in shock..