The new Midsomer Murders with Neil Dudgeon Thread

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
Forum Member
As we have entered a new phase in the Midsomer Murders saga I thought it needed a new thread.

I am way too excited about 'The Dudge' leading Midsomer. My friend and I met Neil 2 weeks ago filming 'Life of Riley' in Glasgow. He was adorable to chat to so lovely and easy going AND was very happy for my http://www.neil-dudgeon.net website to become officially endorsed by him. So chuffed he has been given this lead role. He's such a talented actor and I'm so pleased for him. He'll be amazing in MM!

Seriously excited about tonight!! :D

Comments

• Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,330,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was watching an old epi the other day and was surprised to see him playing a laydeez man!

Must admit it's with trepidation that I tune in tonight, can't see it being the same without the unflappable Barnaby......but y'never know, he might bring a new dimension to the show that's better somehow........hopefully they'll have upped the scripts a bit to compensate while we allow the new Barnaby to bed in, the last few JN episodes were a bit MM by numbers..........
  • MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member
    What time is this apartheid drama on tonight?
  • Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never been a big fan of Midsummer Murders, but from watching a few over the past year or so, I've taken a liking to them, so will be strange not to see John Nettles at the helm, but the advert for the new Barnaby and his family looks good, so I shall be tuning in. Loving the dog already! :D
  • GoobyGooby Posts: 1,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely loved the final lines from the last one with John Nettles.
    The phone went and the new Barnaby had to leave to deal with a murdered vicar in the belfry in one of the Midsomer villages - absolute classic humour and I'm sure all the actors were struggling not to laugh.
    I am so looking forward to this tonight - I enjoyed the episode they introduced his character and it seemed like it could work.
  • lorrylorry Posts: 2,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaaarghhhh!!!! Once again STV isn't showing this!!!:mad::mad:

For any other Scottish viewers, this can be seen on ITV London on Sky channel 993.

Thank goodness this thread was started in time! Thanks lilsaz!
  • Eater SundaeEater Sundae Posts: 10,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They seem to be re-cycling old guest actors tonight - Samantha Bond and the woman playing Harriet Wingate.
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    They seem to be re-cycling old guest actors tonight - Samantha Bond and the woman playing Harriet Wingate.

They re-use lots of actors - most episodes for the past two or three years have featured stars who've appeared before in different roles.

One question - were the opening scenes meant to be Causton or Windsor (were it was quite clearly filmed)?
  • StevenNTStevenNT Posts: 2,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What time is this apartheid drama on tonight?

I hope that was just a joke. Nothing wrong with depicting an English Village for what it actually is in most villages. If the PC brigade don't like it then watch something else and get a life :rolleyes:
  • divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone notice that the cute dog is the same dog that's in the 'Introducing Harvey' advert?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zARCIF_h-0&feature=related
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2 advert breaks already, it just upsets the flow :mad:
  • mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    divingbboy wrote: »
    Anyone notice that the cute dog is the same dog that's in the 'Introducing Harvey' advert?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zARCIF_h-0&feature=related

Yes it was pointed out to me and it must be Harvey, he 's done really well since he left the dogs home. :)
  • JS477JS477 Posts: 1,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if it's me but this is a terrible episode and just doesn't feel like 'Midsomer Murders'. It's also got some "pretty old" school girls that you only find in "thoise kind of films"!!

Edit. Note to self. Record all further episodes to avoid the plethora of irritating adverts.
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm missing john nettles twinkly eyes I must admit. Going to give it a go though.
  • InigoMontoyaInigoMontoya Posts: 1,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Neil Dudgeon and so far, I'm enjoying him.

Not so keen on the plot to this point but I'm glad to see the demise of that ridiculous and unbelievable character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkiegal wrote: »
    I'm missing john nettles twinkly eyes I must admit. Going to give it a go though.

Yea John Nettles is Midsomer in my view but will see how his on screen cousin pans out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see Midsomer refuting that ridiculous idea that the oiks aren't welcome.

Meh, so far it's like a straight to DVD version of Midsomer.
  • tk99uktk99uk Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    nick202 wrote: »
    One question - were the opening scenes meant to be Causton or Windsor (were it was quite clearly filmed)?
    I thought it odd that they'd use somewhere so instantly recognisable. Then over the river into Eton when the vintage car drove up but presumably it's all supposed to be Midsomer. The council estate is in Slough so they must be using the area in general. Crap episode and that schoolgirl looks in her 30s.
  • JS477JS477 Posts: 1,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh come on is this a joke or what a bloody starting handle sticking out of the victim and everyone just standing round gawping. Where are those inflatable tents they put up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe they killed off Dappy.............
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do wish those giggly school girls would just shut up :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe they killed off Dappy.............

lol, really? He could not really talk :p
  • cantelpitcantelpit Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    seems to me the murder victim was slightly miscast
  • domedome Posts: 55,875
    Forum Member
    Prefer the new Barnaby was never a Nettles fan and great not to have the wife and daughter being given jobs to fit the episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christ, that blonde schoolgirl must have been held back a few years, eh?
  • allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christ, that blonde schoolgirl must have been held back a few years, eh?
    :D:D:D
    Class of '98.... (remedial)