Why doesnt Erin ever get a decent partner?

Erin is my favourite professional and I love to watch her dance. Why doesnt she ever get a partner whom she has a chance of winning with? She gets the nest out of her partners but she never gets anyone really decent. Rory gets right on my nerves and I will be glad when he goes even though I will miss Erin.

Comments

• SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    Ooh, I wouldn't say that. She's never won but had partners who were in with a chance. Colin (tries but fails to forget about Dollgate!), Austin, for example. And Rory has pleasantly surprised me with the ballroom dances.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sallyforth wrote: »
    Ooh, I wouldn't say that. She's never won but had partners who were in with a chance. Colin (tries but fails to forget about Dollgate!), Austin, for example. And Rory has pleasantly surprised me with the ballroom dances.

Rory hasn't really surprised me at all. Quite stiff and not very awe inspiring.
  • Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She got one great one and replaced him with a doll .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As Sallyforth has stated, she's had her fair share of good partners in the past. Who knows, if it wasn't for dollgate she may have had won by now.

Now as for Anton...
  • cranford fancranford fan Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erin's done quite well over the years - second with Colin Jackson, third with Julian Clary and fourth with Austin Healey. She's not had naturally talented partners since Austin but she generally does well with them, even managing a decent quickstep with Peter Shilton last year!
  • SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    Jurre wrote: »
    Rory hasn't really surprised me at all. Quite stiff and not very awe inspiring.

Put it this way, he's better than I thought he would be. ;)
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Rory was the most improved dancer on the show last week.
    Erin did make a big mistake with her "doll-gate" routine, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory really. But she was unlucky with Austin..they were robbed !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    She got one great one and replaced him with a doll .

This!
  • mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erin did make a big mistake with her "doll-gate" routine, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory really. But she was unlucky with Austin..they were robbed !

I remember Darren, in his autobiography, said that he was so far ahead in the voting by the showdances that they made no difference at all to the outcome.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She had the opportunity to win but unfortunately didnt.1st time because of her choreography and 2nd time with Austin.
    According to me her latin is not really very good with the exception of course of Austin jive and Colins rumba.
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    She had the opportunity to win but unfortunately didnt.1st time because of her choreography and 2nd time with Austin.
    According to me her latin is not really very good with the exception of course of Austin jive and Colins rumba.

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Austin's paso was immense! How very dare you! :eek:;) His rumba was a car crash though, to be fair! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not sure they'd have won though (sorry to bring up the Austin debate again). Final, probably, but Tom was apparently out polling him by miles anyway (if you believe the 'leaks'). Besides, who'd have known what Erin would have done for a showdance :eek: I suppose him getting to the final would've meant we wouldn't have had to have seen Lisa and Brendan's showdance though:D
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that to win this competion you have to be not only a very good choreographer(which she is) but also very good at latin and ballroom dances.The popularity of your celebrity matters but you shouldnt take it for granted.Comparing ot other professionals in the show her Latin is not very good.
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,208
    Forum Member
    But isn't that showing favouritism to other dancers. Aliona is not the best choreographer in the competition - and she gets well looked after as far as partners are concerned
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    footygirl wrote: »
    But isn't that showing favouritism to other dancers. Aliona is not the best choreographer in the competition - and she gets well looked after as far as partners are concerned

But dont you think Harry dancing with Erin would just be a bit ewwww. :eek: It'd be like a teenager dancing with his mum at the school disco! :eek: And I love Erin! But she's now one of the elder statesmen of the show and so she's not going to get the "heartthrob" (can't believe I used that word) of the show. Can you imagine Erin and Harry doing a rumba! :eek:

And I know it's double standards because younger pros dance with older celeb men all the time, but they're not going to do it with the young fit bloke. ;)
  • SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    But dont you think Harry dancing with Erin would just be a bit ewwww. :eek: It'd be like a teenager dancing with his mum at the school disco! :eek: And I love Erin! But she's now one of the elder statesmen of the show and so she's not going to get the "heartthrob" (can't believe I used that word) of the show. Can you imagine Erin and Harry doing a rumba! :eek:

And I know it's double standards because younger pros dance with older celeb men all the time, but they're not going to do it with the young fit bloke. ;)

Ah, but Erin could be dancing with Robbie. Ola back dancing with Harry, and Aliona dancing with Rory (sorry, Rory!). That can happen, but why not?
    Forum Member
    They could have put Jason with Erin - he is in his 40's
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How can you inflict Jason on Erin! That's cruel beyond measure! She may be desperate to win, but not as desperate as Kristina!:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

OMG! :eek: They'd be sleeping in the studio! :eek: Jason would take the whip of Miss Whiplash and flagellate himself! :eek::rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    I wou;d have gone this way

Robbie and Erin
    Dan and Aliona
    Harry and Ola
    Jason and Kristina
    Rory and Katya
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG! :eek: They'd be sleeping in the studio! :eek: Jason would take the whip of Miss Whiplash and flagellate himself! :eek::rolleyes:

Flagellate! Funny word. *giggles like a naughty school boy*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Robbie and Erin
    Dan and Aliona
    Harry and Ola
    Jason and Kristina
    Rory and Katya

Hmm, not bad. We can only dream...:cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Robbie and Erin
    Dan and Aliona
    Harry and Ola
    Jason and Kristina
    Rory and Katya

And I would have probably gone

Robbie Katya
    Dan Erin
    Harry Ola
    Jason Aliona
    Rory Kristina

But then I also wouldn't have placed the women with the male pros the way they've done it.
    Forum Member
    And I would have probably gone

Robbie Katya
    Dan Erin
    Harry Ola
    Jason Aliona
    Rory Kristina

But then I also wouldn't have placed the women with the male pros the way they've done it.

But the good celebs are wasted on Aliona - who lets them down with her choroegraphy. Karen Hardy was correct in saying the jive needed more content than wha Aliona put in it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But the good celebs are wasted on Aliona - who lets them down with her choroegraphy. Karen Hardy was correct in saying the jive needed more content than wha Aliona put in it

I detest Jason, so would have been happy to see him with Aliona. ;)