Is it time to replace Bruno?

TasiTasi Posts: 1,950
Forum Member
✭✭✭
He used to be my favourite and very, very funny. But now he makes me uncomfortable with his remarks, especially when you remember that this show is one of the few family shows. He is bordering on the very edge of bad taste and we don't want to get as far as obscene. Should there be a time delay on his remarks so that they can be bleeped out?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    Absolutely! I never found him amusing in the first place, he's just exaggerated.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are his comments to male contestants (I assume this is what you mean?) any worse than Len leering over a 20 something young girl? He is OTT, but he is good fun and he does give the dancers some good tips.
  • Charmaine CamerCharmaine Camer Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    No - definitely not!! He is funny and entertaining
  • Lizzie60Lizzie60 Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    Yes. And take the unsavoury Len with him
  • hopscotch23hopscotch23 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    No:D! I like the current mix of judges with their quirks and emotions they engender in those who watch then
  • blueabublueabu Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not another 'time to replace'

I think I will start one 'Is it time to replace the BBC'
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are his comments to male contestants (I assume this is what you mean?) any worse than Len leering over a 20 something young girl? He is OTT, but he is good fun and he does give the dancers some good tips.
    I can't actually remember Len suggesting to a 20 something young girl that in his opinion she was overdressed...
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,129
    Forum Member
    Bruno is good fun and harmless, and when he isn't flirting he does give good constructive criticism.

Strictly would be much duller without him.
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rorschach wrote: »
    I can't actually remember Len suggesting to a 20 something young girl that in his opinion she was overdressed...

I thought it was a little off when Len told Chelsee she'd warmed up his willy. But what the hell. It was mostly harmless. Can't get too fussed about it. They let themselves down with these comments more than they Corrupt the Young. When the sinner is the loser, let 'em get on with it. :p
  • dellydelly Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it is time to replace the time to replace people. I love Bruno. He is fun, OTT and totally fair in his comments. I would suggest people start watching CBB if they find all this innuendo unsatisfactory.:(
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delly wrote: »
    I think it is time to replace the time to replace people. I love Bruno. He is fun, OTT and totally fair in his comments. I would suggest people start watching CBB if they find all this innuendo unsatisfactory.:(

I heartily agree.
  • EmmaGxEmmaGx Posts: 31,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope ... he has gone a little over the top with the flirting this year ... but that's nothing Arlene & to an extent Len have not done before ... Bruno's a showman which I think was proved at Wembly ... I have to admit, I didn't get him before going to the live tour, but he was definitely one of it's highlights (and ok, he kissed me!) ... since then I've had a lot more respect for his enthusiasm, comments, general bouncing around, and also his scoring, which can be high, but he's also not afraid to use slightly lower paddles than Len & Alesha! ... Loved him & Flavs having a bit of a Jive at the end of the Saturday show ... they looked like they were having a lot of fun!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, no (I have to use 5 characters - but that's my answer: no).
  • trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No(I assume the OP is being serious)
  • reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Replace Bruno? :eek: Why??? He's fun, he's positive, and he also knows how to give some useful constructive criticism. I like him as a person and I think he's a good judge. Bruno stays! :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    Bruno needs to stay :) no replacing him cause he balances Craig's personality so much

I think Craig's scores are 5/10 for technique and 5/10 for performance...depending how good you are on once thing or another then you add both together and get your score.

however Bruno scores a dance as a whole , yes , examines it and analyses it but if as a whole he has seen good technique and good performance and has liked the content and story of the dance he scores well

Len and alesha balance themselves too ....lens knows all about classic ballroom and wants content on a dance...alesha knows nothing about technique and basically criticises on performance ,,,,

the panel of judges is great ....even with alesha :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    If the producer was doing her job properly there would be no need to replace Bruno or Len. They need telling what is and is not appropriate for a family show. The reason for Len's grumpiness is twofold in my opinion, firstly he is tired flying forward and back to the US, secondly he is as fed up as many viewers with the lack of proper dancing this year. The first problem could be addressed by asking Len to choose between the US and UK shows, it's obvious he can't do both. Bruno just needs telling to calm down, otherwise he's out, he should go back to being funny, not behaving like a superannuated pervert.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blueabu wrote: »

Answer: Yes, actually.
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Bruno because he's an observant judge and gives good constructive criticism. He can be a bit dramatic but what the heck, he's often made us laugh out loud - " you danced like Tutankhamen in a dress" ( Kate Garroway ). I'm also loving his kindly comments to Chelsee this year, always calling her my darling and pointing out her errors with helpful suggestions to correct them.
  • bobajotbobajot Posts: 1,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueabu wrote: »

Now that definitely has mileage.:D
  • linc52linc52 Posts: 1,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no leave our bruno alone
  • pasodabblepasodabble Posts: 5,865
    Forum Member
    None of the judges need replacing. People starting threads about them means they're doing their job.
  • megashoppermegashopper Posts: 5,984
    Forum Member
    No, Bruno has to stay, but I think it's time for Len to go. I think he is really beginning to look and act like an old man. I also appreciate CRH because he really does tell it like it is, and someone's got to!

megs
  • TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nooooo, don't get rid of Bruno - he's so fuuunnnyyy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No way not Bruno. He can be quite funny sometimes:D
    Would rather Len would go instead of him