Heather Mills/British ski team

TasiTasi Posts: 1,950
Forum Member
✭✭✭
A while ago now, Ms Mills was reported as training hard to be included in the paralympic team for the next winter olympics. In the interview she gave, she seemed to assume that she would automatically qualify for the team. I can't find any trace of her in any national skiing events at all. Have I missed anything?

Comments

• grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully not. With any luck, she was unable to stop when approaching a 5,000 foot drop or got lost in an avalanche.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Tasi wrote: »
    A while ago now, Ms Mills was reported as training hard to be included in the paralympic team for the next winter olympics. In the interview she gave, she seemed to assume that she would automatically qualify for the team. I can't find any trace of her in any national skiing events at all. Have I missed anything?

Till when she very honest?
  • peterden75peterden75 Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    She didn't make the cut as her time wasn't good enough and she wanted to appeal.
    But the committee found she didn't have a leg to stand on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was reported a while ago that she had an accident I believe. Hopefully that has put a stop to this nonsense. Her believing she could make the team is on a par with that woman Price believing she could make G.B.'s equestrian team.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    Hopefully not. With any luck, she was unable to stop when approaching a 5,000 foot drop or got lost in an avalanche.

She's a mum for goodness sake.
    peterden75 wrote: »
    She didn't make the cut as her time wasn't good enough and she wanted to appeal.
    But the committee found she didn't have a leg to stand on.

That made me giggle btw.:o
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I saw the thread title I though a rude joke was circulating about her and the ski team.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure if she had have made the team she would have made sure we all knew about it by now, her being a shy and retiring creature by nature....not!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew her career was going downhill since the divorce, but Christ....
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to her own website
    Heather was delighted to return to her ski training after a major crash in May 2011 when she was training for the downhill in her Paralympics bid to compete in Sochi in Russia.

Heather crashed into a frozen fence pole smashing her scapula (shoulder) into 5 pieces.

The initial advice was to operate on the shoulder but having had endless surgeries over the last decade she opted out as she had when she lost her cruciate ligament in her knee ten weeks earlier !!

Dr George Laitaj of The Maria Hilf hospital advised intense physio, water therapy, ultrasound and fitness training, over six hours per day.
    In just six weeks Heather is back on the Molltal glacier in Carinthia, Austria, much to the surprise and joy of her coaching team.Heather will compete in her first race of the season in December in Austria.

The BIB made me laugh. Just imagine the sheer joy when she came swanning in :D
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    According to her own website

The BIB made me laugh. Just imagine the sheer joy when she came swanning in :D

Thanks for that update.

No matter how anyone feels about her, she sure has guts.
  • TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't know she was planning to take part. I watched quite a lot of the Winter Paralympics last year and some of the events had a fairly small number of people in them so I suspect she has a relatively good chance of making it. It's not like me deciding I fancy my chances in the 100m in London next year.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,240
    Forum Member
    When I saw the thread title, I thought it was a new version of the "Elton John/Stomach Contents" urban myth
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    Heather is now off, piste in the bar @ klosters