That's it for me

Lizzie60Lizzie60 Posts: 450
Forum Member
I was hoping it would get better now there are new judges. But for me, it is a complete turn off. Philip still shouts, Karen has no useful purpose on the night, and I haven't heard of most of the 'celebrities' I have a horrid feeling they will still drag up the Bolero for the final too! We stuck it out to the bitter end but hubby and I feel it was 2 hours wasted

Good luck to all of you who enjoy it, and I hope that it continues for many years, but it will continue without me and mine.

Comments

• StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Same old, same old...
  • retrovertigoretrovertigo Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    The biggest turn off for me (more so than the new judges) is that most of the pro skaters I really liked aren't there anymore. It makes it feel like a totally different show - they were as integral a part of it as the judges. Not keen at all anymore.
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why don't you record it and whizz through the bits you don't like. Although what are you wanting Karen to do? She's head coach. Most of her work is done during the week and not on the show itself.
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    *Sparkle* wrote: »
    Why don't you record it and whizz through the bits you don't like. Although what are you wanting Karen to do? She's head coach. Most of her work is done during the week and not on the show itself.

When will she start blubbing, the little drama queen that she is. :rolleyes:
  • TasiTasi Posts: 1,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Sparkle* wrote: »

So involve her in the show! She sits there like a used car salesman waiting for a customer. Put her on the panel, maybe not marking but pointing out the improvements or why a certain move didn't come off. Cut the training videos and give her a segment before each skate to explain what we should be looking for in that skate. She is underused
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The biggest turn off for me (more so than the new judges) is that most of the pro skaters I really liked aren't there anymore. It makes it feel like a totally different show - they were as integral a part of it as the judges. Not keen at all anymore.

Give the newer pro skaters a chance. We didn't really get to see anything of Mark Hanretty last year as he was lumbered with Nadia. He is the most beautiful of skaters and a lovely guy to boot. And he is with Rosemary who may surprise everyone as much as Charlene did this week. The original pro skaters were new in the first series and you learned to love them.
  • QFourQFour Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed it. :)
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    If we all watch long enough perhaps we'll see some of the female zelebs actually skate free from their partners rather thatn spending most of the time off the ice and being chucked around. Now, that would be something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Lizzie60 wrote: »
    I was hoping it would get better now there are new judges. But for me, it is a complete turn off. Philip still shouts, Karen has no useful purpose on the night, and I haven't heard of most of the 'celebrities' I have a horrid feeling they will still drag up the Bolero for the final too! We stuck it out to the bitter end but hubby and I feel it was 2 hours wasted

Good luck to all of you who enjoy it, and I hope that it continues for many years, but it will continue without me and mine.

Totally agree. Its becoming embarrassing , 3 fifty somethings thinking they are still teenagers. T&D were good in their day but its time to move on . Get over it lovies you've had your day !!!
  • bouncer11bouncer11 Posts: 1,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree. Its becoming embarrassing , 3 fifty somethings thinking they are still teenagers. T&D were good in their day but its time to move on . Get over it lovies you've had your day !!!

:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,606
    Forum Member
    Who are the three fifty-somethings? There's Charlene Tilton, but who else? Rosemary Conley is 65, Laila Morse is 66. Have I missed anyone?
  • Nollaig79Nollaig79 Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't watch it last night, and judging from the comments on this thread perhaps I did the right thing! :s
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote: »
    Who are the three fifty-somethings? There's Charlene Tilton, but who else? Rosemary Conley is 65, Laila Morse is 66. Have I missed anyone?

I didn't mean the contestants!
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just cannot watch anything with that idiot Louie Spence in it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't mean the contestants!

What do the presenters/judges ages have to do with it then? :confused:

I agree that Karen is underused. She knows what she's talking about when it comes to skating so why not have her on the panel?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the new pros are lovely and great to watch. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,667
    Forum Member
    Croctacus wrote: »

Ah thanks, horrible spitting troll. (Him, obviously).
    I Sky+'d it but won't watch is that obnoxious waste of space is on it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    XDarkEyesX wrote: »
    What do the presenters/judges ages have to do with it then? :confused:

I agree that Karen is underused. She knows what she's talking about when it comes to skating so why not have her on the panel?

I think Mynametoday was referring to T and D!

I started watching but the sheer noise volume drove me to switch off. I will watch but it'll be on catch-up so I can speed through a lot of it.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    May I respectfully suggest that if it no longer appeals to you, you should just stop watching it, stop moaning about it and find another interest.:)

I think its great and disagree with just about every comment.........so there.:p
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lizzie60 wrote: »

Same here, but hope that the legend that is Corey Feldman does well. :D
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is the obsession with all the new pros.We have only technically one actual brand new pro who has had no involvement with the show before and that is Brooke.

Matthew is a returning pro he was partnered with Daniella 2 years ago so hardly a new pro, Andrei is a returning pro, Vicky while new to the main show has been involved as a reserve and was featured on Dancing On Ice Make me a Star or whatever it was several years ago and featured on the tour that year as part of Firestorm along with Simon Crowhurst so she has been part of the team at least in a sense for a while.

I think the judging panel this year is an improvement while Jason was qualified in performance despite most people thinking he has no performance background Louie seems to be a bit more qualified and also has a better approach. Emma was always the one who didn't really belong on the panel as although she competed on SCD she didn't win etc and has been stage schooled but not had any major experience within the industry that I know of. I personally think Karen is better of the panel as I always felt that she was too involved with the contestants to be an impartial judge and it showed when she was voting them off.

I don't get the sudden attitude towards DOI this year from so many posters. As someone else said you don't like it don't watch it you know where the off button is on the tv and how to change channels on the remote. There are plenty of people that still like and support the show.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Croctacus wrote: »

No, I've watched all the previous series. but bringing him in was the final straw for me as well.
    I will fast foward through the show on catch-up, but this year's selection of celebs seems particularly poor. We don't expect big stars. but surely they could have persuaded two or three well known "names" to take part ?
  • VientreVientre Posts: 1,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive had no inclination at all to switch on for this series, its played out for me.
  • linc52linc52 Posts: 1,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i loved the show last night
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodbye then. I thoroughly enjoyed the show last night, although the overload of ad breaks and Andy's surprising elimination left a slightly sour taste in my mouth for the end of the show.